• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nyqvististhefuture

Trade deadline fast approaching - who should we target?

Rate this topic

Tatar won't be traded.

If Philly was interested I would give him up for Schenn, a 24 yo defensemen who hits and is getting better. Only issue would be his cap hit. Really, the cap situation will make it damn near impossible to make any trade.

Unless we get a guy like MacDonald from NYI, who is good at shot blocking and is dirt cheap, good luck getting anyone worth more.

Tatar won't be traded.

If Philly was interested I would give him up for Schenn, a 24 yo defensemen who hits and is getting better. Only issue would be his cap hit. Really, the cap situation will make it damn near impossible to make any trade.

Unless we get a guy like MacDonald from NYI, who is good at shot blocking and is dirt cheap, good luck getting anyone worth more.

Amack is going to want a huge raise, he is their best defenseman right now. Schenn would be a great signing he is physical, tough and the definition of a shutdown guy.

Edited by frankgrimes

so i heard tampa is interested in quincey

how do you guys feel about quincey for gudas then well have 2.8 ish in cap space

young? check

right handed? check

physical? check

defensive defenseman? check

beard? check

Love Gudas. Which is why I doubt Tampa would flip him for Quincey

so i heard tampa is interested in quincey

how do you guys feel about quincey for gudas then well have 2.8 ish in cap space

young? check

right handed? check

physical? check

defensive defenseman? check

beard? check

you had me at beard.

if we keep the kids up in the playoffs (we better), we might be lacking the beard department.. this team could be a couple beards short of a deep playoff run.

then again, maybe Z can put the team on his back as per usual.

There's this really smart guy who wrote a blog about who the Wings might pick up. http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/2014/02/10/possible-red-wing-deadline-moves/

One of the possibilities is a multiple player trade with Florida. They're looking to move both Kulikov and Gilbert. Given Babcock's apparent disdain for Kindl and Smith's stagnated development, sending the two of them and a couple prospects like Marchenko, Pulkkinen, or Ferraro could get the deal done. Florida gets 2 young defenemen who are signed next year for reasonable contracts and who could still develop plus prospects, Detroit gets their right handed shot and a young defenseman. Granted, I don't think it's very likely, but it's certainly no sillier than some of the "Samuelsson, Bertuzzi, and Kindl for Edler" suggestions I've seen on various boards.

I'd like Gilbert, but not interested in Kulikov nor in giving up Smith at what's probably a low value point. Also not crazy about the idea of giving up a nice prospect for a pending UFA. Maybe if we could work out an extension in advance. Kindl, a lower prospect (Ferraro, Callahan, Almquist), and a conditional pick?

If it's just Gilbert, they might be able to get him straight up for Kindl. I'm not sure how much more he'd be able to fetch. I'm not really sold on Kulikov either, especially with the prospect depth the Wings have, but anytime you can get a talented 23 year old in a trade, I think you have to take a good look at it. They could always do a conditional pick or two instead of set rounds, too.

I am telling you, the golden deal is this:

Kindl an Almqvist to the Isle for Visnovsky.

Then trade Quincey to Boston for a prospect, I choose Joe Morrow who will help bolster our fine young D corps in GR.

I know I have said this before, but I feel the need to keep saying it until it happens! :lol:

to NYI: Jakub Kindl - Adam Almqvist

to DET: Lubomir Visnovsky

and

to BOS: Kyle Quincey

to DET: Joe Morrow

I am telling you, the golden deal is this:

Kindl an Almqvist to the Isle for Visnovsky.

Then trade Quincey to Boston for a prospect, I choose Joe Morrow who will help bolster our fine young D corps in GR.

I know I have said this before, but I feel the need to keep saying it until it happens! :lol:

to NYI: Jakub Kindl - Adam Almqvist

to DET: Lubomir Visnovsky

and

to BOS: Kyle Quincey

to DET: Joe Morrow

Trading for an old defenseman who's coming off a concussion and carries a $4.75mil cap hit: not good.

From Boston's perspective, trading Morrow for Quincey would possibly get their GM fired.

I wonder if Vancouver would have any interest in Weiss? They need a 2nd line center right now. If his conditioning stint goes well, and he looks healthy, would they take Weiss + a prospect + 2nd for Edler?

Of course, Weiss would have to waive his NTC.

With his injury problems this year? I doubt it.

It seems that Vancouver has forever been looking for a 2nd line center. They have Kesler, so I don't understand why they are always in need of a 2nd line center every year...not unless they utilize Kesler as a wing, although he is listed as a center...

they also have Jeremy Welsh who I would LOVE to get into this organization somehow. Although, as of this summer he is out of exemptions and could not be sent the GR to play if we did acquire him. Looks like he may get his shot in Vancouver unless they waive him themselves...he is also an RFA this July.

If they want a Cup, they would trade Howard....

Vancouver needs a 2nd line center, yet Kesler is there, but he is playing with the Twins...well, when Franzen gets cleared to play, trade him to Vancouver to play with the Twins and move Kesler back to 2nd line center...

I wonder if Vancouver would have any interest in Weiss? They need a 2nd line center right now. If his conditioning stint goes well, and he looks healthy, would they take Weiss + a prospect + 2nd for Edler?

Of course, Weiss would have to waive his NTC.

They're going to retool so Vancouver might want to get younger and less injury prone, also Tortarella would absolutely kill Weiss motivation just look at what he did to Richards. Also MG would be absolutely stupid to sell Edler now, his value is at a low point he wouldn't gain much by it.

Edited by frankgrimes

Isles' Lubomir Visnovsky officially ruled out of Olympics for Slovakia [CBSSports.com]

I want to believe this means "Lubo" is unhappy and will be demanding a trade to the Wings, and that he's going to play like crap until he gets traded in order to lower his trade value, so we'll be able to get him for a second-round pick. Cuz, I mean, that's pretty much what CBS Sports is saying, right? Might as well just title the article "Red Wings close to acquiring Isles' Lubomir Visnovsky, winning Stanley Cup." Start planning the parade route!

Edited by Dabura

RICK: The thing with Weiss is, he's actually a really, really good player. True, we haven't seen that really, really good player in the Winged Wheel yet, but the reason seems to be mostly that he was playing injured. Like, that seems to be a more or less established fact now, as opposed to baseless speculation/rationalization. Point being, there's still a 90% chance that we have this on the way. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon, and for the rest of our lives.

ILSA: But what about us?

RICK: We'll always have Parise.

RICK: The thing with Weiss is, he's actually a really, really good player. True, we haven't seen that really, really good player in the Winged Wheel yet, but the reason seems to be mostly that he was playing injured. Like, that seems to be a more or less established fact now, as opposed to baseless speculation/rationalization. Point being, there's still a 90% chance that we have this on the way. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon, and for the rest of our lives.

ILSA: But what about us?

RICK: We'll always have Parise.

Where did this come from?

Where did this come from?

Casablanca 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Isles would need to take Quincey or Kindl and eat enough salary to make it work. Then the Wings would be stuck with an old, overpaid, concussion risk on D.

There's just no pleasing you.

Are we absolutely, positively, sure that 600 year old Rafalski isn't an upgrade over the dynamic duo that is Quincey/Kindl? Smith is the king of brainfarts as well...although he really puts something on those tape to tape passes/one-timers to Patrick Kane in our own zone.

Edited by GoWings!