• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nyqvististhefuture

Trade deadline fast approaching - who should we target?

Rate this topic

Pumpkin, yes i miss read it. But as you correctly linked, if the Isles have picks in the top 8, the picks get differed to 2015. right now the Isles have the 5th worst record and Taveras is out for the season. So in the end, yes the 2015 picks will go to the Sabres.

Andy, is Grabner available via UFA? Don't think so. Also Vanek was hurt right before the olympics started. Not sure on the details, but that could have something to do with his performence and he was also the main guy on Austria's team, which also has something to do with it. But how a player plays in the Olympics has NOTHING to do with how they play in the NHL. To date Vanek has been much much better in the NHL than Grabner has.

Pumpkin, yes i miss read it. But as you correctly linked, if the Isles have picks in the top 8, the picks get differed to 2015. right now the Isles have the 5th worst record and Taveras is out for the season. So in the end, yes the 2015 picks will go to the Sabres.

Andy, is Grabner available via UFA? Don't think so. Also Vanek was hurt right before the olympics started. Not sure on the details, but that could have something to do with his performence and he was also the main guy on Austria's team, which also has something to do with it. But how a player plays in the Olympics has NOTHING to do with how they play in the NHL. To date Vanek has been much much better in the NHL than Grabner has.

Well Vanek is also older, according to some Isles fans they are using Grabner as a grinder and that's not what he is. To be honest I don't want to pay a premium for a rental and I highly doubt Grabner will be available, with Vanek gone (soon), Tavares out who other than Okposo should do the scoring for this team ?

Guest DeGraa55

Maybe with z being out maybe we will be sellers now. Not that we have much to sell lol. Quincey is about all really.

Weiss and franzina suppose to be back...but I'll believe it when I see it.

I'd move Q at this point. Might as well get SOMETHING for him after we picked him initially and then traded a 1st for him. I think Marchenko/Almquist should get some more time up and see if we have something there. We can just roll 2 d pairs heavily with sheltered minutes for the bottom pairing like we have been.

islanders have the choice so it could still be in 2014

If they keep the 14 pick they run the risk of giving the Sabres McDavid

Edited by PumpkinEscobar

I think Cammalari would be a nice addition for the right price. He has a history of being clutch when he had good players around him, which he would have in Detroit. It would help to balance the top 6, and he can be a winger or centerman, which will be significant if there are any injuries (which there better not be for the rest of ever given the amount we have had already).

I think Cammalari would be a nice addition for the right price. He has a history of being clutch when he had good players around him, which he would have in Detroit. It would help to balance the top 6, and he can be a winger or centerman, which will be significant if there are any injuries (which there better not be for the rest of ever given the amount we have had already).

With Z out for the stretch run, he'd be a great fit. Comes thru in the playoffs too, he's a little guy but tenacious. Depending on price, he could be a great guy to pick up.

With Z out for the stretch run, he'd be a great fit. Comes thru in the playoffs too, he's a little guy but tenacious. Depending on price, he could be a great guy to pick up.

Too add to that, he plays a Babcock kind of style, so he would be able to adjust to Babcock's demanding 2 way system. Also, a great point by you in that he has a history of being a big playoffs performer. I wouldn't mind a move to stabalize our D, but I think this move would benefit the Wings more than any other, for the right price.

I never said Grabner was available. I'm saying given the choice Id take him over Vanek. He's 4 years younger has a another 2 years on a $3m a year contract which is over $4m a year less than Vanek is on and will want. He is being way miss-used by the Isle's. He has a great set of wheels with elite level speed, plus a good goalscorer in a scoring role. I just feel you'd get more for your $ by getting Grabner in a trade and using him to compliment his skill set than you will by signing Vanek as a UFA, at the $7m+ he is going to demand. Just my opinion thats all no suggestion thats what the Wings should do.

I never said Grabner was available. I'm saying given the choice Id take him over Vanek. He's 4 years younger has a another 2 years on a $3m a year contract which is over $4m a year less than Vanek is on and will want. He is being way miss-used by the Isle's. He has a great set of wheels with elite level speed, plus a good goalscorer in a scoring role. I just feel you'd get more for your $ by getting Grabner in a trade and using him to compliment his skill set than you will by signing Vanek as a UFA, at the $7m+ he is going to demand. Just my opinion thats all no suggestion thats what the Wings should do.

Look I*m not disagreeing with you in fact I agree with you. Vanek is going to be the hot price come UFA no doubt about that but personally I'd rather go "expensive" on the defensive side of the game and try to add guys like Grabner to our two Star centers. In terms of speed I would not be surprised if this guy is top 5.

Cammaleri is an interesting choice but only for a modest price if it involes a first pass.

Guest DeGraa55

Nothing against grabner but to me that seems like making a move to make a move. I think we got guys in house that can provide what he does. What we don't have is a vanek type player that can score 35, 40+ goals a year.

So for me to be a buyer it'd have to be to obtain something we don't have and that we need. But I also won't trade a lot for a rental, vanek won't be worth what the isles want unless we work out an extension before hand.

Same thing with a number one defenseman. I'd love to get an elite number one but come on, is it realistic? No.

That's why I'd be ok with being sellers unless some sort of deal falls in our lap...which it most likely won't. Now who can we sell? Quincey and ummmmmm that's about it.

Stand pat. First time in awhile, I will actually defend Holland for "kicking the tires". The Red Wings weren't a player away from championship contention with Henrik Zetterberg and now they are down their MVP. I do wish the streak will remain intact, but I don't want to give up assets for a rental player or marginal impact player that won't change the Red Wings fortunes of borderline playoff team. Nyquist and Tatar are basically untouchable to me if they are going to be dangled for some "quick fix" just because Z is out.

Hope Weiss and Franzen get/stay healthy, let Sheahan and Jurco continue to play and build a solid foundation for next season and beyond. Trade Quincey for whatever the hell you can get in return and use the cap space created from the dead weight being gone to fix the defense this summer.

Edited by GoWings1905

Nothing against grabner but to me that seems like making a move to make a move. I think we got guys in house that can provide what he does. What we don't have is a vanek type player that can score 35, 40+ goals a year.

So for me to be a buyer it'd have to be to obtain something we don't have and that we need. But I also won't trade a lot for a rental, vanek won't be worth what the isles want unless we work out an extension before hand.

Same thing with a number one defenseman. I'd love to get an elite number one but come on, is it realistic? No.

That's why I'd be ok with being sellers unless some sort of deal falls in our lap...which it most likely won't. Now who can we sell? Quincey and ummmmmm that's about it.

Vanek isn't a 35 or 40 goal guy anymore. He's a 30 goal guy.

Guest DeGraa55

Go wings 1905 I completely agree with that.

And Dickie he is 30 right? And with buffalo he literally had no one around him. Give him z or dat and I be the is. But with that said I still don't want to trade for him. No sense in giving up assets for a rental. And we're not going to compete for cup this year.

Edited by DeGraa55

Go wings 1905 I completely agree with that.

And Dickie he is 30 right? And with buffalo he literally had no one around him. Give him z or dat and I be the is. But with that said I still don't want to trade for him. No sense in giving up assets for a rental. And we're not going to compete for cup this year.

He had decent linemates still. I can't see him all of a sudden jumping up 5 or 10 goals a year playing in Detroit. First, the offense wouldn't be centered around getting him shots. Second players tend to see their numbers level off and drop after 30.

Don't get me wrong, I'd take him on a 4 or 5 year contract , but no longer than that and not for more than $7 mil per.