• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nyqvististhefuture

Trade deadline fast approaching - who should we target?

Rate this topic

Really tough here to get a deal but I think some of you are delusional on Ott miller and vanek all o these players have established themselves and all are better ATM than our prospects

And I think some need to look at where this team is and what a high expensive rental does for the future. Answer not enough to warrant giving up on some promising young developing kids. This like last years deadline would be one where I'm happy with kicking the tires and standing pat if the rumored prices are true.

So word is, Kesler requested a trade at the beginning of the season and was telling people after the bronze medal game that he wanted out of Vancouver.

Original source was Louis Jean and was retweeted and commented on by Bruce Arthur and Bob McKenzie.

Mike Gillis would neither confirm or deny. Kesler's agent denied.

So word is, Kesler requested a trade at the beginning of the season and was telling people after the bronze medal game that he wanted out of Vancouver.

Original source was Louis Jean and was retweeted and commented on by Bruce Arthur and Bob McKenzie.

Mike Gillis would neither confirm or deny. Kesler's agent denied.

Love Kesler, unfortunately I don't believe he will be traded.

Both Kesler and Edler are on $5m per year contracts, so we'd have to send back similar types or not far off.

possably sending 3 or 4 but who would you gladly lose that the Nucks would want? I dont see us getting both

maybe one but not both.

I think if Kenny makes a move it'll be Tallinder for a prospect/picks or just picks.

Edited by Andy Pred 48

Kesler is also hurt. Again. Has a cast on his hand from the Olympics. That being said what is he? 29 year old RHed C, 6-2/205, typical year is 25 goals and about 40 assists, plays physical, does play hurt. Signed for 2 more years at 5 million cap hit per year. He does fit needs and would be a hockey move. That being said, he will be very expensive. With Z out until the PO's we are one of the few teams that can afford to take on his contract. BTW Michigan kid as well. Now would Holland dare to be bold and go after both Kesler and Edler at the same time? That would fix multiple problems at the same time. Be very expensive but make us a better team. Any prospect not named Mantha would be fine by me. Both of these guys have several good years left.

Ryan Kesler is awesome...at diving (had to)...but also at hockey too. I'd love that dude on our team. But I don't see it. I don't think Holland trades for a top six forward, and if he does it will be someone like Brad Boyes. Edler is a more likely target, and even that seems dubious given that he's not a complete bargain.

I'm calling Andrew MacDonald or Tom Gilbert and MAYBE a Brad Boyes type winger.

How? well you start with something like this: Smith, Kindl, Oullett, Helm, Nyquist, and Pulkinnan. Cap works as well with Z on LTIR. They get 3 young Dman and 3 young F's. makes them a much faster team which is something they are keen to do. Now would that be enough? No idea, most likely a little more is needed.

The asset needed to get a guy like Kesler would be better served for a defensemen, if team Canada only proved one thing (they did proof a lot..), it's that defense wins championships. Currently we are only having three capable D man and we need a true number one guy more than offense.

IMHO, the big issue right now is Quincey. More specifically, the fact that he's playing well.

If we want to land a big fish, we need to clear a good amount of cap space. ("You're gonna need a bigger boat.") So: Which of our high-earning roster players could you see Kenny moving at the deadline for (or, as part of a package for) a significant return? The answer is...Quincey. That's about it. And, with the way Quincey's playing of late, can we really afford to lose him this season, unless we're getting a quality defenseman in return? Our blue line needs all the help it can get. And don't say Marchenko, because's he's out for the rest of the season.

One possible way around this: Montreal. Bergevin and Therrien are obsessed with making their team bigger and meaner, even if the added size isn't any good. Parros, Murray, Weise...Bertuzzi? Samuelsson? Cleary? Tootoo? (Same could be said of Edmonton, I suppose.)

How? well you start with something like this: Smith, Kindl, Oullett, Helm, Nyquist, and Pulkinnan. Cap works as well with Z on LTIR. They get 3 young Dman and 3 young F's. makes them a much faster team which is something they are keen to do. Now would that be enough? No idea, most likely a little more is needed.

Well, at least you're being realistic.

Edited by Dabura

IMHO, the big issue right now is Quincey. More specifically, the fact that he's playing well.

If we want to land a big fish, we need to clear a good amount of cap space. ("You're gonna need a bigger boat.") So: Which of our high-earning roster players could you see Kenny moving at the deadline for (or, as part of a package for) a significant return? The answer is...Quincey. That's about it. And, with the way Quincey's playing of late, can we really afford to lose him this season, unless we're getting a quality defenseman in return? Our blue line needs all the help it can get. And don't say Marchenko, because's he's out for the rest of the season.

One possible way around this: Montreal. Bergevin and Therrien are obsessed with making their team bigger and meaner, even if the added size isn't any good. Parros, Murray, Weise...Bertuzzi? Samuelsson? Cleary? Tootoo?

Well, at least you're being realistic.

We don't have to clear any salary. With Zetts and Sammy on LTIR there's over 7 million in cap space.

We don't have to clear any salary. With Zetts and Sammy on LTIR there's over 7 million in cap space.

Didn't know Sammy was on LTIR. That's a plus. As for Z...I'd be extremely wary of going the "LTIR fund" route. What happens when Z comes back? That's an honest question, because, with so many people saying that Z being out solves all our cap woes, I must be missing something.

Boyes, Morris and Mitchell....

Are Z and Sammy officially on LTIR?

Sammy no. But Z by himself put us at around 5 million in space once we're down to a 23 man roster.

Didn't know Sammy was on LTIR. That's a plus. As for Z...I'd be extremely wary of going the "LTIR fund" route. What happens when Z comes back? That's an honest question, because, with so many people saying that Z being out solves all our cap woes, I must be missing something.

As I understand it as long as Z doesn't play a regular season game then we're fine.

As I understand it as long as Z doesn't play a regular season game then we're fine.

But if we use all of Z's LTIR space on someone...and then Z ultimately returns this season...wouldn't that put us over the cap? I feel like a moron for asking that. Am I just missing some rule that kicks in once the playoffs start?

But if we use all of Z's LTIR space on someone...and then Z ultimately returns this season...wouldn't that put us over the cap? I feel like a moron for asking that. Am I just missing some rule that kicks in once the playoffs start?

Unless I'm mistaken there is no cap in the playoffs.

I mean, I guess Sammy being LTIR'd might give us a cushion. But do you get where I'm coming from? Isn't using LTIR space on a big acquisition generally considered risky business? Couldn't it potentially put us in a really bad spot? I mean, if Z's done for the entire season, that's one thing. But my impression is that it's only the regular season that's been ruled out...

Team salary expenditures are calculated on a daily basis from the first day to the final day of the NHL regular season. No one is paid for playing in the playoffs thus there is no cap. At least that's my understanding of it.

And I think some need to look at where this team is and what a high expensive rental does for the future. Answer not enough to warrant giving up on some promising young developing kids. This like last years deadline would be one where I'm happy with kicking the tires and standing pat if the rumored prices are true.

Just how expensive do you think Ott would be in a trade and extension?