• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nyqvististhefuture

Trade deadline fast approaching - who should we target?

Rate this topic

Myers is listed as 6-8. Yes the everyone is listed taller and heavier than they really are. but that is his listed height. he is RHed which is also very much a need. But at 5.5 million per year and needs work.....not sure I would go for it. Maybe on a more competitive team.....

If we had our full lineup we'd be more than competitive ....we dealt with an insain amount of injuries this season

Pulkkinen scored again ... 2 more goals so far ... Man would love him to play Tuesdays game see if he can bring some of that here ..... Also jarnkrok got 2 assists , just wish he'd score more but it's nice to see jarnkrok racking up the pts

:hysterical:

On the TSN website, there is a guy commenting on the tradecentre page discussing the latest on Kesler. I don't have the capability to copy and paste on my work computer but he actually said that Kelser to Detroit makes sencse, send a package of Weiss, Sheahan, Jurco, Tatar and a couple of picks to Vancouver..

That's blasphemy and utter disgust ^ he's surely a nucks fan....

@wings87 I wish Holland seen this thread so many ideas lol I hope your idea works as long as we don't overpay(even acquire him)

We need Andy MacDonald he's a good defensive dman can pk well

Textbook case of the grass is always greener. Tyler Myers is infuriatingly bad at defense. He's like Jack Johnson without the offense or the coordination. He's not better than Quincey right now, and he probably doesn't project to be better than Smith in the long run.

Buffalo would love to get rid of him had their s***ty former GM not given him the moon after one good year. If you guys think Quincey, Smith, Kindl are mistake prone you will lose your minds watching this guy. He's not a defensive upgrade in any manner. Don't believe the hype.

Edited by kipwinger

:hysterical:

On the TSN website, there is a guy commenting on the tradecentre page discussing the latest on Kesler. I don't have the capability to copy and paste on my work computer but he actually said that Kelser to Detroit makes sencse, send a package of Weiss, Sheahan, Jurco, Tatar and a couple of picks to Vancouver..

That's blasphemy and utter disgust ^ he's surely a nucks fan....

@wings87 I wish Holland seen this thread so many ideas lol I hope your idea works as long as we don't overpay(even acquire him)

We need Andy MacDonald he's a good defensive dman can pk well

I'm sending out positive thoughts out into the universe and hoping they stick.

Textbook case of the grass is always greener. Tyler Myers is infuriatingly bad a defense. He's like Jack Johnson without the offense or the coordination. He's not better than Quincey right now, and he probably doesn't project to be better than Smith in the long run.

Buffalo would love to get rid of him had their s***ty former GM not given him the moon after one good year. If you guys think Quincey, Smith, Kindl are mistake prone you will lose your minds watching this guy. He's not a defensive upgrade in any manner. Don't believe the hype.

Totally disagree with you .... Buffalo sabres as a team sucks .

Just checked the standings (I haven't looked in a while) and with 20-odd games left they are the second wild card team. 8 seed. Barely. I would think that Kenny needs to shake it up a little and get this team some confidence. (And better D and goal scoring).

Kip for sure.... Myers gives the puck away ALOT (albeit s***ty team) but I think I'd take myers for quincey, him on our 2nd pp would be upgrade but it wouldn't help defensively where weactually need the improvement.... Tough choices....

Edited by brooklynsour

Textbook case of the grass is always greener. Tyler Myers is infuriatingly bad a defense. He's like Jack Johnson without the offense or the coordination. He's not better than Quincey right now, and he probably doesn't project to be better than Smith in the long run.

All valid points, but sometimes a change of scenery will do wonders for a player. Tough to get excited playing for the Sabres night in and night out. Plus with his contract maybe just maybe we wouldn't have to over pay.

I don't understand your point? Myers can't be bad because the team's bad? He's a defensive defenseman who gets lost in coverage. Who's fault is that if not his?

I think where there is a disconnect is classifying Myers as a defensive defenceman. To me he is much more of an offensive guy. Kinda like mike Green but not as good.

I don't understand your point? Myers can't be bad because the team's bad? He's a defensive defenseman who gets lost in coverage. Who's fault is that if not his?

Exactly this. And his cap hit is WAY too high for someone that may never pan out to be a great player. Huge risk acquiring him. Erhoff would be a much safer pick up for this team. Maybe not the best option out there, but if a deal could be made for him and Stewart, I say go for it

All valid points, but sometimes a change of scenery will do wonders for a player. Tough to get excited playing for the Sabres night in and night out. Plus with his contract maybe just maybe we wouldn't have to over pay.

We probably wouldn't have to overpay...because he's not very good and he's signed to a prohibitive contract. There's a reason you'd get him cheap...he's not worth the money. Just because you CAN get a guy doesn't mean you should. We're right in the thick of a playoff race and we're seriously talking about trading for a guy who makes more money and plays worse than the guy we're talking about moving out...all because a change of scenery MIGHT do him good? No thanks. Trade for Gilbert, or MacDonald, or Erhoff. At least they've got a track record of success. Or don't trade for anyone. All of those options are better than trading for a guy who's not very good in hopes that years from now he'll improve.

If Holland traded Quincey for Myers and we missed the playoffs...particularly if Myers continued with his piss poor defensive play...everyone here would be ready to burn them both at the stake.

We probably wouldn't have to overpay...because he's not very good and he's signed to a prohibitive contract. There's a reason you'd get him cheap...he's not worth the money. Just because you CAN get a guy doesn't mean you should. We're right in the thick of a playoff race and we're seriously talking about trading for a guy who makes more money and plays worse than the guy we're talking about moving out...all because a change of scenery MIGHT do him good? No thanks. Trade for Gilbert, or MacDonald, or Erhoff. At least they've got a track record of success. Or don't trade for anyone. All of those options are better than trading for a guy who's not very good in hopes that years from now he'll improve.

If Holland traded Quincey for Myers and we missed the playoffs...particularly if Myers continued with his piss poor defensive play...everyone here would be ready to burn them both at the stake.

Amen. Myers would be great at a small cap hit. But man did the Sabres jump the gun locking him up.

Erhoff IMO can round out a very good top 4 for us. A top 4 that can be defensively responsible, and move the puck well. Also help the 2nd PP unit.

The team as a whole sucks .... They have multiple players In The -20s and teens and I won't pretend to know the numbers but I'm guessing myers probably logs the most ice time ....Subban getting benched by thierren yesterday cause of his mistake was a big story all day In montreal , your telling me you wouldn't take Subban cause he's always making mistakes on defense?

Myers on the right team would bounce back

I think where there is a disconnect is classifying Myers as a defensive defenceman. To me he is much more of an offensive guy. Kinda like mike Green but not as good.

There's not a disconnect at all. He plays a similar style to Pronger or Chara...if Pronger or Chara were bad instead of really good. He's a defensive d-man who gets PP points because of a big shot. Myers is absolutely nothing like Green...who is essentially another forward.

Not very good lmao ... I hope buffalo trades him now just so your jaw drops to the floor when you see the return buffalo would get for him

For those saying Erhoff isn't very good: Nobody would expect him to come here and be the teams savior. He isn't a guy who is gonna carry a team on his back, but he is a guy that can be an important piece if there are other good pieces in place.

Rafalski is a good example. You're not gonna depends on him to be a shut down guy. But you put him with the right partner, and they make a deadly unit. I could see DeKeyser and Erhoff complement each other very well as a 2nd pairing.

The team as a whole sucks .... They have multiple players In The -20s and teens and I won't pretend to know the numbers but I'm guessing myers probably logs the most ice time ....Subban getting benched by thierren yesterday cause of his mistake was a big story all day In montreal , your telling me you wouldn't take Subban cause he's always making mistakes on defense?

Myers on the right team would bounce back

PK Subban is a Norris Trophy winner. Tyler Myers is a chronic underachiever whose team is desperately trying to get rid of him. If you think that comparison is valid I don't know what to tell you.