• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nyqvististhefuture

Trade deadline fast approaching - who should we target?

Rate this topic

After watching the Griffins again this weekend, I'd really rather not move Almquist.

People often point his size only and forget about his respective numbers in GR.He deserves a spot in Detroit next season.

Edited by pucktividi

God please let Shero win it and overpay for him. The Pens are really drying out their future giving away top prospects and firsts like it's a candy bar

Who needs defense anyways...Hell yeah to Scott he is a tough customer and will fight everyone not his fault that Nolan is such an idiot who won't let him fight. I am watching the Leafs right now and Columbus is taking runs at Reimer...good job nor having the bash brothers in the lineup...

Edited by frankgrimes

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

I would definetly go Weiss, one of Sproul, Oullet, or Jensen , and next years 1 and 3.

weiss? that's like vancouver adding a piece.

no one wants that contract.

God please let Shero win it and overpay for him. The Pens are really drying out their future giving away top prospects and firsts like it's a candy bar

Who needs defense anyways...Hell yeah to Scott he is a tough customer and will fight everyone not his fault that Nolan is such an idiot who won't let him fight. I am watching the Leafs right now and Columbus is taking runs at Reimer...good job nor having the bash brothers in the lineup...

I don't see it that way at all. With Kesler, they are even bigger contenders every year for the next 5-7 -8 yrs. they're in the middle of a era right now, they've got to capitalize on. It, just like we should be capitalizing on the Datsyuk Zetterberg era instead of putting them with Bert and Abby.

Edited by T.Low

Kesler is way over rated I hope I get to see Pitt overpay and get rid of some of their future, opens up chances for other teams in east....

Lol @frankgrimes I think Nolan is trying to manage the team best he can cuz rolston was the one managed by the team.... Scott will play 4th line avg 4-5 mins on ice and 5-12 mins in pk box

Honestly Ted Nolan has done a fantastic job with buffalo since coming onto a burning ship

Edited by brooklynsour

I don't see it that way at all. With Kesler, they are even bigger contenders every year for the next 5-7 -8 yrs. they're in the middle of a era right now, they've got to capitalize on. It, just like we should be capitalizing on the Datsyuk Zetterberg era instead of putting them with Bert and Abby.

Their top 6 would be tremendous but guess what if they are running into teams like the Blues, Kings, Bruins or any team with a strong defensive concept things won't end well for Pittsburgh again. It has been proven time and time again defense wins championships.

Giving away their best offensive and defensive prospects + a first for a guy who will be an UFA after this year and for sure asking for a raise? If I'm Shero I'd rather look at at the Schenn brothers to bolster the D and O. For his size Kesler is also a big diver and a somewhat primadonna.

Just listened to the Insiders and wow Gillis is insane if he doesn't come down on his asking price. Maybe he wants a second Luongo situation..

Edited by frankgrimes

If anything I think Kesler is getting underrated in this thread. He dives and is kind of an idiot at times, but the guy has put up two 70+ points seasons, scored over 40 goals before, and is a responsible forward who's tough to play against.

I don't expect that he'd put up 70 points on the Wings or pot 40 goals again, but he could be good for 20+ goals and 50+ points.

How many players on Detroit currently could do that while playing Selke worthy defense?

My biggest concerns with Kesler would be the d-bag factor and his health. I'd hope that in Detroit he'd knock off most of the diving. Though I hear that's already reduced under Tortorella.

All in all though it's theoretical. I think it's extremely unlikely he's coming to the Wings.

People often point his size only and forget about his respective numbers in GR.He deserves a spot in Detroit next season.

Other people see big offensive numbers and think he's a good defenseman. He's over matched in his own end in the AHL, he'd be a huge liability in the NHL.

Just listened to the Insiders and wow Gillis is insane if he doesn't come down on his asking price. Maybe he wants a second Luongo situation..

He's already got a second Luongo situation... with Torts not starting him in the outdoor game...

So really, he wants an additional headache on top of the headache his coach created for him.

Discussion between Vancouvers Team 1040 and a Penguins beat reporter said Sheros offer is Sutter, a prospect, and both a 1 and a 3 rd pick. He said to sweeten the deal, they'd give up Poulliot.

He say Shero has always loved Kesler, and says Shero wants to be kept abreast of all negotiations with other teams so he can best all offers.

Writer also said Kesler really liked his Olympic experience with Bylsma and Granato .

I would definetly go Weiss, one of Sproul, Oullet, or Jensen , and next years 1 and 3.

After watching the Griffins again this weekend, I'd really rather not move Almquist.

If he says no to Sutter, Pouliot a 1st and 3rd for Kesler, than he's as dumb as we know he is. There's your gritty 3rd line commander and one hell of an offensive Dman.

God I hope Pavel will get his knee back to 100% and pray he won't need off season knee surgery, I would literally cry, does anyone know what his specific injury is? I think the wings first said lower body than groin and then knee... Harold we don't need another selke type player we have dats and Z albeit both are hurt but we need more of a pure scorer than a 2 way forward we have toom any 2 way players and not enough balance

He's already got a second Luongo situation... with Torts not starting him in the outdoor game...

So really, he wants an additional headache on top of the headache his coach created for him.

So true, I feel horrible for Luongo such a great goaltender and classact with the way he is handling all of that. Wonder at what point Aquilani is saying enough with this and fire him.

Man if Shero is really offering Sutter, Pouiliot a first and third and Gillis declines then just wow..

Wait wait wait, that jostles my memory. He did say Poilliot but would need some sort of piece coming back. The writer commented that last time he upped the ante and requested a piece in return, it ended up being Pascal Depres.

If anything I think Kesler is getting underrated in this thread. He dives and is kind of an idiot at times, but the guy has put up two 70+ points seasons, scored over 40 goals before, and is a responsible forward who's tough to play against.

I don't expect that he'd put up 70 points on the Wings or pot 40 goals again, but he could be good for 20+ goals and 50+ points.

How many players on Detroit currently could do that while playing Selke worthy defense?

My biggest concerns with Kesler would be the d-bag factor and his health. I'd hope that in Detroit he'd knock off most of the diving. Though I hear that's already reduced under Tortorella.

All in all though it's theoretical. I think it's extremely unlikely he's coming to the Wings.

I'm not going to preach to the choir, but yes, Ryan Kesler is a super good hockey player. You're correct that he's being underrated here.

Wait wait wait, that jostles my memory. He did say Poilliot but would need some sort of piece coming back. The writer commented that last time he upped the ante and requested a piece in return, it ended up being Pascal Depres.

Is "Pascal Depres" a frankenstein monster made up of Pascal Dupuis and Simon Despres?

I actually agree with Glen Healey for the first time: If Lou wanted to play in the outdoor game so badly, he should have played better prior.

Guys, we do need D, but with Weiss's setback our centers are Helm, Andersson, Sheahan, Glendening. Sheesh! Talk about going with the yoots! Sucks that we are forced to do it though...

I think we could possibly benefit from a legit top 6 center. Paul Stastny comes to mind, but at what cost? Certainly he would be less than Kesler, eh?

Holland is in a pickle...

Edited by LeftWinger