• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nyqvististhefuture

Trade deadline fast approaching - who should we target?

Rate this topic

The man responsible for drafting Almquist in the seventh round (210th overall) of the 2009 draft, Red Wings director of European scouting Hakan Andersson, has long listed Almquist’s foot-speed as the biggest drawback that, along with his small stature, could prevent him from becoming an NHLer. But Blashill said Almquist has been “real smart about not putting himself in tough situations” and noted he has learned “how to make plays with the puck in breakout situations without taking big hits” or throwing the puck away.

“I don’t think that will hold him back,” Blashill said.

From Blashill’s perspective, it’s all about production.

“He’s just going to have to prove he’s a real prolific point producer at this level in order to get a legit chance at the next level,” Blashill said. “That’s the reality at his size. It’s just a matter of showing he’s a high-end offensive player as a smaller guy.”

I wonder if Shero is really willing to sell the farm for Kesler or if he's just trying to scare away potential suitors/drive up the price for rivals. I mean, I can certainly imagine him going nuts and trading half of his farm club for an elite player...but wouldn't it make more sense for that player to be a defenseman than a forward...ya know, because their defense is laughable?

Their D's actually been really impressive this season, all things considered. It's infuriating.

Idk exactly how the waiver works but if we trade helm, I think we should pick up Cory conacher I know he tiny but he has some skill and can either play 3rd line C or even take 4th line wing

Anyone who wants him puts in a claim. The worst team that puts in a claim gets him.

Edited by DickieDunn

Maybe I'm reaching here, but I think there's also something to be said for heading into the playoffs on a high note, peaking at the right time. Y'know, like we did last season? (And by "we" I mean Zetterberg and Howard, and some other guys who were also on the team whose names I can't remember at the moment.) (Brandon Smitt?)

We don't make any big moves and we're very likely going to be crawling the rest of the way. Then, even if we get into the playoffs, we're gonna be gassed, beaten-down, not feeling especially great about ourselves. Lord knows it's only going to get chippier, choppier, meaner, harder.

But don't give me any of that the-Kings-were-the-8th-seed crap, unless the point is that the Kings made some huge moves and they paid off quite well for them so hurray for huge moves and being bold.

Idk exactly how the waiver works but if we trade helm, I think we should pick up Cory conacher I know he tiny but he has some skill and can either play 3rd line C or even take 4th line wing

But we already have Sheahan, Andersson, and Glendening. That's why Helm might be "expendable" in the first place, right?

Though I'm not opposed to trying to find some value in low places.

Maybe I'm reaching here, but I think there's also something to be said for heading into the playoffs on a high note, peaking at the right time. Y'know, like we did last season? (And by "we" I mean Zetterberg and Howard, and some other guys who were also on the team whose names I can't remember at the moment.) (Brandon Smitt?)

We don't make any big moves and we're very likely going to be crawling the rest of the way. Then, even if we get into the playoffs, we're gonna be gassed, beaten-down, not feeling especially great about ourselves. Lord knows it's only going to get chippier, choppier, meaner, harder.

But don't give me any of that the-Kings-were-the-8th-seed crap, unless the point is that the Kings made some huge moves and they paid off quite well for them so hurray for huge moves and being bold.

But we already have Sheahan, Andersson, and Glendening. That's why Helm might be "expendable" in the first place, right?

Though I'm not opposed to trying to find some value in low places.

This is what I've been thinking about for the past couple months. If we can stay afloat and get healthy and come together at the right time then we will be very dangerous.

It's the staying afloat in the meantime that worries me....

I oppose to trading helm don't get me wrong, the only con I see is the last 2 seasons he's been hurt and hasn't done too much for us... I agree with most that say he's a top 3rd line center in the league... I mentioned this earlier but I don't really follow on many wing prospects in minors and/college/overseas....

I certainly agree with your post how us crawling into playoffs it seems we alrdy starting, I don't think we should rush our stars back from injury until everything is healed and 100% w.out high risk of reinjury....

As for the kings 8th seed, our team Is nothing like that team, quick was outstanding, unfortunately it seems Howard might be having his worst season(injuries and weak goals).. Also those Kings were way gritter and tougher than we are... I seen andersson a lot in playoffs last year and I like what I seen, glendening seemed a bit small and unexp but he's 24.... I hope everyone will be healthy by the time playoffs come

Dustin Penner to Washington!!

Looks like less of a chance that Edler moves, which is not surprising. Although this is just a rumor.

http://mynhltraderumors.com/2014/03/04/afternoon-rumors-i-kesler-edler-luongo-coyotes-waivers-callahan-mcquaid-robidas-and-gionta/

David Pagnotta: The Canucks have been telling some teams that Alex Edler is no longer available to them. Teams are still poking around. It would take a big offer to get him. Edler has a no-trade clause. Pagnotta doesn’t know if a list has been submitted. Some of the teams there were told he is not available was due to the lack assets that, that organization has.

If holland wants to wait for Ouellette and Sproul to fix this Defense I guess Datsyuk isn't going to win another cup as a red wing. This time in 3 years we'll be trading him to the pens

Well, without having to worry about another cup, Pavel can focus squarely on the 2018 Olympics :ph34r:

(low blow - couldn't resist)

I oppose to trading helm don't get me wrong, the only con I see is the last 2 seasons he's been hurt and hasn't done too much for us... I agree with most that say he's a top 3rd line center in the league... I mentioned this earlier but I don't really follow on many wing prospects in minors and/college/overseas.... I certainly agree with your post how us crawling into playoffs it seems we alrdy starting, I don't think we should rush our stars back from injury until everything is healed and 100% w.out high risk of reinjury.... As for the kings 8th seed, our team Is nothing like that team, quick was outstanding, unfortunately it seems Howard might be having his worst season(injuries and weak goals).. Also those Kings were way gritter and tougher than we are... I seen andersson a lot in playoffs last year and I like what I seen, glendening seemed a bit small and unexp but he's 24.... I hope everyone will be healthy by the time playoffs come Dustin Penner to Washington!!

Just to be clear, I'm not really arguing with you. It occurred to me that my last few posts could be read that way, but that's not it. If anything, I'm just rambling, maybe taking sides for the sake of taking sides. Nothing personal!

I get snippy about the Kings because I'm tired of everyone and his or her mother pointing to them as this Cinderella rags-to-riches underdog success story. Like you said, they were a contender. BUT - and it further pisses me off that people tend to gloss over this fact - they had their issues, and instead of saying, "Well, whatever. We like our team. You get into the playoffs and anything can happen," they made some very big, very ballsy moves. They weren't complacent. They weren't in love with themselves. They weren't afraid to hurt some feelings. And it paid off. And it continues to pay off.

We're not in the same boat that those Kings were in. We are NOT a contender. But there is, I think, a lesson in there that is worth considering.

Edited by Dabura

Nah man I love hockey and love talking hockey, were all wings fans I enjoy reading different perspectives and opinions, its all good I enjoy the debate tho this may not be the right section for it lol....Anaheim making some moves it seems shipping fasth and obtaining robidas

And shippin Penner

Visnovsky is mostly offense he's undersized too... Haven't seen smid play much