Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

Trade deadline fast approaching - who should we target?

• Please log in to reply
1869 replies to this topic

#321 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:14 AM

In a recent interview Z said he is thinking about staying on Detroit when he retires. He really likes it in Michigan. He's going to be here til he can't play the game anymore, I think. Future GM?

Sure, after Stevie is done here in a few decades :lol:  Maybe coach??

#322 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:29 AM

Sure, after Stevie is done here in a few decades :lol:  Maybe coach??

How boss would it be with Stevie as GM and Z as assistant GM?

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#323 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

How boss would it be with Stevie as GM and Z as assistant GM?

With lids president of european scouting

#324 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

In four years?

2018: detroit red wings sign ilya kovalchuk.

also, i read somewhere that Z and his wife were planning on staying in the detroit area even after he retires.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#325 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:04 PM

Big, physical and a lot of upside.

Kadri is listed at 6'0 188, or more importantly, just a little smaller than Danny Cleary.

#326 DannyD

DannyD

Rookie

• Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:08 PM

In a recent interview Z said he is thinking about staying on Detroit when he retires. He really likes it in Michigan. He's going to be here til he can't play the game anymore, I think. Future GM?

I hadn't seen that. Hopefully he stays on with the team in some capacity. Would be awesome to someday have Yzerman, Lids, Z, Draper, etc.. all in the FO.

#327 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:34 PM

I hadn't seen that. Hopefully he stays on with the team in some capacity. Would be awesome to someday have Yzerman, Lids, Z, Draper, etc.. all in the FO.

In case of injuries. :lol:

#328 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:07 PM

I really don't want Moulson going to the Sens. We have enough trouble with them as it is.

Edited by Dabura, 04 February 2014 - 03:14 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#329 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:19 PM

I think its almost safe to say Holland won't be making any moves this year...(again)

He said he was going to wait and see how the few games before the olympics go before he decides to make any moves, and with a few points in a few games he'll probably sit tight again.

If anything I could see a very minor move, hopefully getting a 5th or 6th defenceman in return without losing anyone valuable. (quincey not included) Plus with the added cap issues, there isn't much Holland could really pull the trigger on if he wanted to

Next season is going to be interesting because there will definately be moves, Holland has no choice. So many players ready for the big club and no longer waiver exempt so that is going to be interesting.

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing.  The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#330 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,044 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:27 PM

A guy that's been in the rumor mill and even then TSN guys mentioned him, David Legwand. Michigan guy, the apparent asking price is a 1st or 2nd. I'm not totally enamored with him but he seems like a Holland guy.

#NOMOREKINDL

#331 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:30 PM

A guy that's been in the rumor mill and even then TSN guys mentioned him, David Legwand. Michigan guy, the apparent asking price is a 1st or 2nd. I'm not totally enamored with him but he seems like a Holland guy.

Yeah. Legwand has "Holland Guy" written all over him.

I could totally see a 2nd + Andersson going the other way. Remember Legwand's a center and if the Wings get healthy they already have Datsyuk, Z, Helm, Weiss, Andersson, Sheahan, and Glendenning.

#332 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:33 PM

If we make a move draft picks are going to be huge.  We can't offer much in terms of players, but we need to offload someone for cap reasons if we want to acquire anyone.  Since Cleary won't net us anyone, we'll have to package a lesser guy with a draft pick or two. With how stacked we are down the pipeline, I'm perfectly find with tossing draft picks around (to a point) like candy if it gets us someone who can help.  

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#333 Mitchmac33

Mitchmac33

Come on son!

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:06 PM

I think its almost safe to say Holland won't be making any moves this year...(again)

He said he was going to wait and see how the few games before the olympics go before he decides to make any moves, and with a few points in a few games he'll probably sit tight again.

If anything I could see a very minor move, hopefully getting a 5th or 6th defenceman in return without losing anyone valuable. (quincey not included) Plus with the added cap issues, there isn't much Holland could really pull the trigger on if he wanted to

Next season is going to be interesting because there will definately be moves, Holland has no choice. So many players ready for the big club and no longer waiver exempt so that is going to be interesting.

If anything I think these past few games might force him to make a move.  If he wants to try and keep some of the kids in the lineup he's gonna have to dump some salary.

#334 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:11 AM

Please don't get Macdonald I expect another steal by Garth having seen him for awhile amac can't handle many passes he's less physical the Quincey honestly having seen him thus long he's not worth much
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#335 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:09 AM

This article makes the Vanek opportunity look some what possible. 

http://www.thehockey...an-you-thought/

Here’s how. Going into this season, the last on Vanek’s contract, his cap hit was $7.14 million dollars. When the Buffalo Sabres traded Vanek to the Islanders in October, they retained $1.4 million of his salary and cap hit, leaving the Islanders with a cap hit of $5.75 million. Now when the Islanders trade Vanek, they could also agree, according to the collective bargaining agreement, to pick up 50 percent of that amount, which would bring Vanek’s cap hit with his new team to just $2.9 million. But salaries are based on what each team pays per day and if Vanek is dealt on March 5, almost 80 percent of his salary will have already been paid. Since there will be just 40 days remaining in a 195-day season, that would mean Vanek’s new team could get him in their lineup for the stretch run and the playoffs for as little as $590,000.

I personally believe hes going to Minny next season, so it would be a rental. But I do think we have what it would need to acquire him. Ive read theyre looking for D for the most part. We got plenty coming in the pipeline to make that possible. 

Crosby is a crybaby *****

#336 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:10 AM

He already said he wants to test free agency. So he has no interest staying with whoever he Is traded to. That should lower his trade value a bit. Still don't think he will come here.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#337 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:11 AM

We have what, 2 days until the "we have no cap room, pre-Olympic shutdown date" correct? Pass along, nothing to see here......... maybe on march 4th/5th.

#338 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:55 PM

Report: Callahan's demands are even higher than thought [ProHockeyTalk]

Vanek: Decision not to sign with Isles involves more 'than a contract' [ProHockeyTalk]

Don't Toews me, bro!

#339 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:08 PM

Callahan is off his rocker if he thinks his .56 points per game average is gonna net him $7m/yr.

Edit:points. Not goals.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter, 05 February 2014 - 02:32 PM.

#340 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:11 PM

Callahan is off his rocker if he thinks his .56 goals per game average is gonna net him $7m/yr.

Goals or points?

Edited by DickieDunn, 05 February 2014 - 02:12 PM.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!