Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

Trade deadline fast approaching - who should we target?

• Please log in to reply
1869 replies to this topic

#421 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:07 PM

sorry guys dont know what happened there with the BIG letters, still dont! 

anyway i think Almqvist will be included in any trade that Kenny trys as will Ferraro, we are too stacked at center and im afraid as he is

out of options next year he'll be waived or traded.

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#422 Nhurdi

Nhurdi

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:09 PM

I find it comical that I suggest big Buff and get he sucks at d, is fat and lazy but then it's suddenly lets get Edler who sucks at D, has worse stats and is prone to mental mistakes but hey at least he isn't fat.

Edit - Oh and Buff is a righty to boot.

Edited by Nhurdi, 07 February 2014 - 08:10 PM.

#423 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

Pass on both...play the Griffins

#424 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:37 PM

I find it comical that I suggest big Buff and get he sucks at d, is fat and lazy but then it's suddenly lets get Edler who sucks at D, has worse stats and is prone to mental mistakes but hey at least he isn't fat.

Edit - Oh and Buff is a righty to boot.

Edler isn't lazy and far from being a coach killer or questionable teammate. The Canucks would be stupid to get rid of him without overpayment

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#425 Nhurdi

Nhurdi

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:04 PM

Edler isn't lazy and far from being a coach killer or questionable teammate. The Canucks would be stupid to get rid of him without overpayment

I would just like to ask why you think Buff is Lazy, a coach killer or a questionable team mate? Or is that just your opinion?

Statistically Buff is better than Edler this year, I haven't looked at years past. He is a right shot, physical and puts up points.

Edler has a NTC to boot, Buff has one too but he can only select 5 teams he won't go to.

#426 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,202 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:38 PM

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Byfuglien

Don't Toews me, bro!

#427 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:37 AM

I would just like to ask why you think Buff is Lazy, a coach killer or a questionable team mate? Or is that just your opinion?
Statistically Buff is better than Edler this year, I haven't looked at years past. He is a right shot, physical and puts up points.

Edler has a NTC to boot, Buff has one too but he can only select 5 teams he won't go to.

The Guy is fat meaning he doesn't take being a pro and that gift seriously. The were rumours about stuff like that, when he was with the Thrashers, Blackhawks and now again under under Noel. Guys like that just won't fit here.

As for Edler I don't think the Canucks are going to trade him, why not keep him for the retooling? They are in a pretty similar situation like us.

kftx.jpg

#428 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:46 AM

The Guy is fat meaning he doesn't take being a pro and that gift seriously. The were rumours about stuff like that, when he was with the Thrashers, Blackhawks and now again under under Noel. Guys like that just won't fit here.As for Edler I don't think the Canucks are going to trade him, why not keep him for the retooling? They are in a pretty similar situation like us.

Apparently Edler and Torts are clashing and he doesn't suit his coaching style. They just shipped out Dale Weiss for this same reason.

The best thing would be if Edler spoke out publicly and demanded a trade

#429 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,202 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:30 AM

This is about a week old, but things haven't really changed (for the Canucks) in that span of time:

Poor play, poor timing hinder Canucks' options [The Province]

As the team was losing for the 12th time in 16 games (4-9-3) Friday, TSN was reporting every Canuck, save the Sedin twins, was available for barter.

That’s not a trade block, that’s a city block.

Nothing says panic quite like “We’ll trade anyone!”

Edited by Dabura, 08 February 2014 - 11:31 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#430 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:09 PM

This will be a huge off-season for him.  He no doubt has the mind for the game and has that dynamic potential not a lot of defencemen have.

maaaybe "make it or break it" huge.. in terms of making the wings anyway, with the amount of solid d prospects we have. 

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#431 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

I want to be clear, I don't think Byfuglien is the right guy for this team.  Having said that, I think that the weight and fitness comments are a bit off base.  Here's a good article Puck Daddy did on the topic of Byfuglien's fitness..

http://sports.yahoo....11390--nhl.html

Also, I'd have to imagine that all the goals he's scored paired with his two all-star appearances and pivotal role in a Stanley Cup championship should probably dispel any notion that his fitness is somehow a detriment to his ability to play hockey at an incredibly high level.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#432 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:45 PM

It reminds me a lot of Prince Fielder.  When he's doing well, he's a "big guy", when he's not, he's an obese slob that isn't committed.  

#433 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

Apparently Edler and Torts are clashing and he doesn't suit his coaching style. They just shipped out Dale Weiss for this same reason.

The best thing would be if Edler spoke out publicly and demanded a trade

I'm starting to wonder, if there are players who don't clash with this coach. Edler is a great player and for the right price sure get him but looking at Gillis and his trade demands, he'd be asking for way too much. Wheeler, Ladd or Bogosian are the only guys I would be interested in, if I'm Holland (there is no way Scheifele would be available).

Something I want to make clear is this: this team is known for its low-key professional approach I don't think guys with a big mouth, big ego would be fitting here well, they'd become a locker room distraction immediately.

Edited by frankgrimes, 08 February 2014 - 02:59 PM.

kftx.jpg

#434 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:43 PM

What about Erhoff? Too expensive? I guess he signed that 10 year deal or so. Maybe he gets bought out? Did Buffalo use all their buyouts? I have to think they'd want to buyout Leino

#435 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,920 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:57 PM

I am full on for Visnovsky. That kind of trade would be considered a minor move. Which is what Detroit thrives on...

Kindl, Almqvist for Visnovsky

Quincey for Joe Morrow to dump salary and bolster our prospect pool in Rapids.

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#436 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:23 PM

What about Erhoff? Too expensive? I guess he signed that 10 year deal or so. Maybe he gets bought out? Did Buffalo use all their buyouts? I have to think they'd want to buyout Leino

Would be nice, but the way Buffalo is doing the rebuild they need some expensive veterans just to reach the cap floor. Their rebuild really reminds of Edmontons one and that's not an advantage far from it.

kftx.jpg

#437 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:26 PM

I am full on for Visnovsky. That kind of trade would be considered a minor move. Which is what Detroit thrives on...

Kindl, Almqvist for Visnovsky

Quincey for Joe Morrow to dump salary and bolster our prospect pool in Rapids.

Say that enough and you're going to convince yourself that they're actual offers, and get pissed at Kenny for rejecting them. :)

I see no reason why either of those teams would have any interest in those offers. Even if Boston was desperate for a defenseman, I don't see why they'd have much interest in Quincey, much less give up Morrow to get him.

#438 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

I thought that was a bad contract when it was signed and nothing I've seen has changed my mind. If the Sabres use a buy out I expect it to be used on Leino.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#439 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:24 PM

This team needs skill on the blue line

#440 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:27 PM

This team needs skill on the blue line

Or more shutdown D that aren't named Ericsson or Lashoff.  Matt Greene or Mark Stuart are what our blue line needs.  The skill will come with Ouellet and Sproul in the next couple years.  Our blue line needs less Quincey and Kindl.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.