Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

Trade deadline fast approaching - who should we target?

• Please log in to reply
1869 replies to this topic

#621 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:28 PM

Islanders 1st belongs to Buffalo

#622 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

Pumpkin, the isles traded conditional 2015 picks in the Vanek trade, not 2014 picks.

#623 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:51 PM

No..it's 2014... If it's in the top 8-10 the isles can defer to 2015

#624 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:57 PM

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=689001

#625 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:03 AM

I say we go for the Heater reclamation project. 50 in 15?

#626 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:40 AM

If anyone saw Austria in the Olympics you'd have to say no to Vanek but a big yes to Grabner!

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#627 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:13 AM

Pumpkin, yes i miss read it. But as you correctly linked, if the Isles have picks in the top 8, the picks get differed to 2015. right now the Isles have the 5th worst record and Taveras is out for the season. So in the end, yes the 2015 picks will go to the Sabres.

Andy, is Grabner available via UFA? Don't think so. Also Vanek was hurt right before the olympics started. Not sure on the details, but that could have something to do with his performence and he was also the main guy on Austria's team, which also has something to do with it. But how a player plays in the Olympics has NOTHING to do with how they play in the NHL. To date Vanek has been much much better in the NHL than Grabner has.

#628 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:35 AM

Pumpkin, yes i miss read it. But as you correctly linked, if the Isles have picks in the top 8, the picks get differed to 2015. right now the Isles have the 5th worst record and Taveras is out for the season. So in the end, yes the 2015 picks will go to the Sabres.

Andy, is Grabner available via UFA? Don't think so. Also Vanek was hurt right before the olympics started. Not sure on the details, but that could have something to do with his performence and he was also the main guy on Austria's team, which also has something to do with it. But how a player plays in the Olympics has NOTHING to do with how they play in the NHL. To date Vanek has been much much better in the NHL than Grabner has.

Well Vanek is also older, according to some Isles fans they are using Grabner as a grinder and that's not what he is. To be honest I don't want to pay a premium for a rental and I highly doubt Grabner will be available, with Vanek gone (soon), Tavares out who other than Okposo should do the scoring for this team ?

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#629 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:12 PM

Maybe with z being out maybe we will be sellers now. Not that we have much to sell lol. Quincey is about all really.

Weiss and franzina suppose to be back...but I'll believe it when I see it.

#630 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:16 PM

I'd move Q at this point. Might as well get SOMETHING for him after we picked him initially and then traded a 1st for him. I think Marchenko/Almquist should get some more time up and see if we have something there. We can just roll 2 d pairs heavily with sheltered minutes for the bottom pairing like we have been.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#631 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:14 PM

islanders have the choice so it could still be in 2014
If they keep the 14 pick they run the risk of giving the Sabres McDavid

Edited by PumpkinEscobar, 21 February 2014 - 02:14 PM.

#632 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:59 PM

I say we go for the Heater reclamation project. 50 in 15?

I actually don't mind this idea. He is a cheap option and might be able to turn it around with Detroits good passers

#633 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:26 PM

I actually don't mind this idea. He is a cheap option and might be able to turn it around with Detroits good passers

Pass. Don't want him around the youth. Terrible attitude.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#634 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:26 PM

I hope Wheelers stock is down after the Olympics he would be someone I'd like to add.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#635 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:10 PM

I think Cammalari would be a nice addition for the right price. He has a history of being clutch when he had good players around him, which he would have in Detroit. It would help to balance the top 6, and he can be a winger or centerman, which will be significant if there are any injuries (which there better not be for the rest of ever given the amount we have had already). 

#636 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,061 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:22 PM

I think Cammalari would be a nice addition for the right price. He has a history of being clutch when he had good players around him, which he would have in Detroit. It would help to balance the top 6, and he can be a winger or centerman, which will be significant if there are any injuries (which there better not be for the rest of ever given the amount we have had already). 

With Z out for the stretch run, he'd be a great fit. Comes thru in the playoffs too, he's a little guy but tenacious. Depending on price, he could be a great guy to pick up.

#NOMOREKINDL

#637 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:28 PM

Pass. Don't want him around the youth. Terrible attitude.

Just cause he'd rather pack lips and crush handles of bacardi then text supermodels back, doesn't mean he has a bad attitude.

#638 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:33 PM

With Z out for the stretch run, he'd be a great fit. Comes thru in the playoffs too, he's a little guy but tenacious. Depending on price, he could be a great guy to pick up.

Too add to that, he plays a Babcock kind of style, so he would be able to adjust to Babcock's demanding 2 way system. Also, a great point by you in that he has a history of being a big playoffs performer. I wouldn't mind a move to stabalize our D, but I think this move would benefit the Wings more than any other, for the right price. 

#639 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:34 PM

Just cause he'd rather pack lips and crush handles of bacardi then text supermodels back, doesn't mean he has a bad attitude.

He's af****** all star.

#640 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:02 PM

Honestly,I'd rather see Jurčo and Pulkkinen playing top line minutes than the all star Heatley in the Wings jersey.