• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

thegerkin

Phoenix Coyotes To Be Renamed Arizona Coyotes

Rate this topic

The Seattle Coyotes would be the most awesome thing ever. It says, "We realize this whole thing is a farce, and we're just going to embrace that."

It'll be similar to The Los Angelos Angels of Anaheim... god that sounds stupid.

I always wondered...

Why does everyone here seemingly have such a hard on for Seattle getting an NHL team?

Why Seattle, of all places?

Other than the fact they've been on track to building a dual purpose NBA/NHL arena and all the rumors?

Edited by rrasco

>be grown ass man with a family who worked your butt off to get into pro sports
>have to play in tiny crap facilities while other teams enjoy pro level facilities
>have to share arena and lockerroom with drunken college players
>playing for a crowd 1/4 the size of most arenas
>going to have ANOTHER bad season
>going to get chirped every night about all this

LMAO

Stealing this comment about the situation from a reddit poster:

They hit rock bottom, draft Bedard, he refuses to play for them so they trade him for like 10 players. . All the players picked up in the Bedard deal blossom. The new arena deal falls through and the franchise is moved to Quebec. They make the playoffs and during their run Brendan Lemieux, who now plays for them, violently boards a Red Wings player leading to a new rivalry that lasts years. They win the cup in their first season in Quebec. The circle is complete.

Yeah - saw this a few days ago on HF Boards...No surprise really when taking into consideration the ups/downs of this franchise since they left Winnipeg in favor of Phoenix back in 1995.

I honestly hope it stays there - just to piss off and f*** over both Bettman and the BoG. financially.

Move them to Houston. 

4th largest city in the US.

Everyone here is from up north somewhere. 

The Aeros used to do really well here before the Wild moved them closer to home. 

There is a proper arena with an owner who has an interest in bringing hockey here. 

I think it would work better than most people think, Dallas is doing pretty well still. 

On 10/6/2022 at 8:31 AM, Jonas Mahonas said:

San Jose is flailing as well

How so?

I was under the impression that SJ has sound owner/s and with a strong fanbase that shows up for games.

5 hours ago, Rick D said:

Move them to Houston. 

The Aeros used to do really well here before the Wild moved them closer to home. 

There is a proper arena with an owner who has an interest in bringing hockey here. 

I think it would work better than most people think, Dallas is doing pretty well still. 

If I recall Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta didn't want to pay 'expansion fee' prices ie approx $500 million for a relocation franchise such as the Yotes...That was a few years ago, but I don't know where he stands today nor Bettman/BoG.

6 hours ago, Rick D said:

Move them to Houston. 

It's a nice idea, but I have a bigger brain solution: Fort Worth

Hear me out

Houston is 4th, but Fort Worth is close behind at 13th. Houston is also only growing at 1.78% while FW is growing at a whopping 3.87% Nearly double the growth rate! Soon to overtake Houston, especially with a brand new hockey team. They also convienently have a fully functioning pro hockey arena already setup.

We'll call them The Fort Worth Giant Luminous Astronomical Spheres of Plasma.

I think this is the smartest way to capture the Texas market. 

7 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

It's a nice idea, but I have a bigger brain solution: Fort Worth

Hear me out

Houston is 4th, but Fort Worth is close behind at 13th. Houston is also only growing at 1.78% while FW is growing at a whopping 3.87% Nearly double the growth rate! Soon to overtake Houston, especially with a brand new hockey team. They also convienently have a fully functioning pro hockey arena already setup.

We'll call them The Fort Worth Giant Luminous Astronomical Spheres of Plasma.

I think this is the smartest way to capture the Texas market. 

Fort Worth is what - 50 miles from Dallas?

Edited by F.Michael

43 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

https://www.habsfanatics.com/Gary-Bettman-Desperately-Begs-Fans-to-Help-the-Arizona-Coyotes-211081

This team should NOT be kept in AZ.  This team is a disgrace to sports.  Time to move it to Portland.  

I would be shocked if the Yotes moved elsewhere...It's been so long and so much $$$ pissed away that does it even matter?

That said - it's amusing having Gary plead to the Tempe voters...

Edited by F.Michael