Photo
- - - - -

Would you be ok with this roster?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you be ok with no free agent signings?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

If the Wings replace their free agents with rookies, would you be ok?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:06 PM

Though I'm ecstatic that Eaves scored the shootout goal last night, I'd suggest that 3 attempts is a pretty small sample size and not enough to suggest that he's one of the better shootout options.

I would agree that there's not too many decent shootout options.

#42 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

The bottom line is Eaves is a ufa and the Wings have kids coming up. Sheahan for sure can play a 3rd line role next year, maybe even carry the top line's piano. I think he's a useful player, but doesn't bring enough to warrant being brought back next year.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#43 WingsAlways

WingsAlways

Grind Line 2.0

• PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

The way I look at it, is we're not winning games. Plain and simple. Before anyone blames the injury bug, we've won some incredible games against top teams with key players injured so that isn't working for me anymore. The team is just inconsistent and too many holes need filled (not plugged).

My 2 cents. 

"Wow Chicago, you've won four Stanley Cups? Me too! - Kris Draper"

#44 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:21 PM

The way I look at it, is we're not winning games. Plain and simple. Before anyone blames the injury bug, we've won some incredible games against top teams with key players injured so that isn't working for me anymore. The team is just inconsistent and too many holes need filled (not plugged).

My 2 cents. 

The injuries and role in roles they're not accustomed to, and a lack of consistent lines, are why the team is so inconsistent.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#45 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:05 AM

as much as I love our kids I would want maybe 1 bif forward to keep them competive because I want this team to challenge for the cup soon not 5 or 6 years from now

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#46 number9

number9

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:29 AM

Long term the best option is replacing the vets with the kids, and using the gained cap space for trades at a future date.

Short term the best option is gaining another top player in this years FA while we have the cap space and still have Pavs and z.

IMO, I think we should steer clear of overpaid FAs. Let the kids work next year, and come trade deadline trade the expendable kids for a top available player.

Basically, if we use FA this year we WILL lose a prospect to waivers. I'd rather bang the buck and trade him at a later date

Edited by number9, 02 February 2014 - 04:30 AM.