Portman-Racki-Ogilthorpe

Defense

Upton-Wanchuk

Marden-Biebe

Lussier-Tyler

Goalie

Lemieux

Heaver

The first line is relying on the chemistry of Gordon Bombay and Charlie Conway, along with Mystery, Alaska's Connor Banks's slapshot. Doug Dorsey's injured eye heals well enough to play, and he's teamed with former junior phenom Dean Youngblood and Ned Braden, called up from the Chiefs. The third line is made up of the Hansons, who aren't that great separate but are much better than the sum of its parts. The fourth line of Dean Portman and towering Ogie ogilthorpe, centered by Youngblood's junior nemesis Carl Racki, give the team plenty of toughness.

On defense, former Chief's captain Johnny Upton and Mo Wanchuk join their teammates from the Chiefs. Skank Marden and Jon Biebe from Mystery anchor the second pair. On the third pairing, we add some tougness with Andre "Poodle" Lussier and a PP QB in Jesse Tyler (Mighty Ducks).

In net we have former Chief Denis Lemieux and Youngblood's former junior teammate Heaver.

The coaching staff is judge Walter Burns, assisted by Reg Dunlop and Youngblood's former coach Murray Chadwick. Joe McGrath is the GM, finally given the chance to run a team not teetering on the brink of bankruptcy.

Bombay on the first line is questionable with his injury history. Not sure his knee can handle those minutes. I might add some speed to that top line with a Luis Mendoza type player, that kid is crazy fast.

Also if there's any way we can pry Gunner Stahl from iceland, we'd be unstoppable. I know they'd never let him go, but we have some good prospects coming up. You think Aberman, Julie the Cat, and a 2nd would do it?

Edit: Any relation between Connor Banks of Mystery Alaska and cake-eater Adam Banks of District 5?

Edited by hooon

Bombay on the first line is questionable with his injury history. Not sure his knee can handle those minutes. I might add some speed to that top line with a Luis Mendoza type player, that kid is crazy fast.

Also if there's any way we can pry Gunner Stahl from iceland, we'd be unstoppable. I know they'd never let him go, but we have some good prospects coming up. You think Aberman, Julie the Cat, and a 2nd would do it?

Edit: Any relation between Connor Banks of Mystery Alaska and cake-eater Adam Banks of District 5?

I think the grocer and the cake eater are cousins. I thought about Stahl too.

Forwards:

Bombay-Conway-Banks

Dorsey-Youngblood-Braden

Hanson-Hanson-Hanson

Portman-Racki-Ogilthorpe

Defense

Upton-Wanchuk

Marden-Biebe

Lussier-Tyler

Goalie

Lemieux

Heaver

The first line is relying on the chemistry of Gordon Bombay and Charlie Conway, along with Mystery, Alaska's Connor Banks's slapshot. Doug Dorsey's injured eye heals well enough to play, and he's teamed with former junior phenom Dean Youngblood and Ned Braden, called up from the Chiefs. The third line is made up of the Hansons, who aren't that great separate but are much better than the sum of its parts. The fourth line of Dean Portman and towering Ogie ogilthorpe, centered by Youngblood's junior nemesis Carl Racki, give the team plenty of toughness.

On defense, former Chief's captain Johnny Upton and Mo Wanchuk join their teammates from the Chiefs. Skank Marden and Jon Biebe from Mystery anchor the second pair. On the third pairing, we add some tougness with Andre "Poodle" Lussier and a PP QB in Jesse Tyler (Mighty Ducks).

In net we have former Chief Denis Lemieux and Youngblood's former junior teammate Heaver.

The coaching staff is judge Walter Burns, assisted by Reg Dunlop and Youngblood's former coach Murray Chadwick. Joe McGrath is the GM, finally given the chance to run a team not teetering on the brink of bankruptcy.

I'd take Fulton Reed over Jesse Tyler, he didn't even make the JV squad. Can't just have one bash brother, it doesn't work.

Edited by BadgerBob

You absolutely have to put Doug Glatt and Ross Rhea on the 4th line.

Glatt can only fight and doesn't have the fear factor as the others. Rhea is washed up.

I'd take Fulton Reed over Jesse Tyler, he didn't even make the JV squad. Can't just have one bash brother, it doesn't work.

Reed is a winger though. He's ready to step in when Ogie gets suspended and possibly deported though, don't worry

Gunner Stahl easily makes the roster.. c'mon

I did some research. Gunnar quit hockey a year after losing to the Ducks, citing that coach Wolf Stansson's overbearing nature made hockey no fun anymore. He now runs Iceland's largest hakarl (aged and fermented greenland shark meat) production companies.

I did some research. Gunnar quit hockey a year after losing to the Ducks, citing that coach Wolf Stansson's overbearing nature made hockey no fun anymore. He now runs Iceland's largest hakarl (aged and fermented greenland shark meat) production companies.

I heard he actually dropped his accent, changed his name to Scooter and went on to be the goalie for the Eden Hall Warriors varsity hockey team.

I heard he actually dropped his accent, changed his name to Scooter and went on to be the goalie for the Eden Hall Warriors varsity hockey team.

Funny story. Scooter is actually his long lost twin brother. Their parents got divorced when they were babies and each took one child, never telling Gunnar and Scooter that they had a twin. They met years later when Scooter was visiting Iceland and decided to try the local delicacy of half-rotten shark meat.

Slightly off topic, but...

Is Jim Carr doing the play by play? And is "Lady of Spain" allowed to be played again?

Oh and is GM Joe McGrath making everyone do fashion shows as part of Public Relations? :lol:

They were going to, until Upton threatened to wave his penis at the crowd again.

And yes, Jim Carr is the radio voice, still wearing that bad toupee, and Lady of Spain has been replaced with the Macarena as the banned song.

Edited by DickieDunn

He deserves a spot for hair alone.. i hear he's been staying in shape though. with the right coach, he could thrive again.

No love for Jack the chimp from MVP? Set him up on the half wall and let him fire pucks in. I am digging Hanson line though. And I agree with needing Fulton as a PP qb. This whole thread made my day though guys. Props.

I agree with the original article,

http://thehockeywriters.com/hockey-at-the-movies-the-ultimate-fictional-hockey-team/#sthash.MMLGdPY2.dpuf

I'd scratch Bombay for the speedy Premature Ejaculator.

"Stevie Weeks...The last addition to the Mystery, Alaska squad, Weeks was a teenager who skated the towns frozen river every morning. On a team full of speedsters, Weeks was clearly the fastest on the roster.

Weeks play was impressive enough for the Rangers to sign him to a minor-league contract."

- See more at: http://thehockeywriters.com/hockey-at-the-movies-the-ultimate-fictional-hockey-team/#sthash.MMLGdPY2.dpuf

Edited by T.Low

I agree with the original article,

http://thehockeywriters.com/hockey-at-the-movies-the-ultimate-fictional-hockey-team/#sthash.MMLGdPY2.dpuf

I'd scratch Bombay for the speedy Premature Ejaculator.

"Stevie Weeks...The last addition to the Mystery, Alaska squad, Weeks was a teenager who skated the towns frozen river every morning. On a team full of speedsters, Weeks was clearly the fastest on the roster.

Weeks play was impressive enough for the Rangers to sign him to a minor-league contract."

- See more at: http://thehockeywriters.com/hockey-at-the-movies-the-ultimate-fictional-hockey-team/#sthash.MMLGdPY2.dpuf

Haha love the description of Weeks. But, I donno man. Weeks has Crosby face and can't take a hit. I'll take the Minnesota Miracle Man.

Haha love the description of Weeks. But, I donno man. Weeks has Crosby face and can't take a hit. I'll take the Minnesota Miracle Man.

Crosby face? Ouch, man, very ouch. :-(

Although you might be on to something: I can see Crosby saying the same thing when he wakes up after his concussions.

My only addition would be stevie weeks, mystery alaska.. dude skates the rivers of alaska for conditioning everyday

That really is an awesome opening scene, the entire thing all the way thru "Fat men don't shovel, Bailey".

..."Have a good game Saturday, john."

Edited by T.Low

Crosby face? Ouch, man, very ouch. :-(

Although you might be on to something: I can see Crosby saying the same thing when he wakes up after his concussions.

That really is an awesome opening scene, the entire thing all the way thru "Fat men don't shovel, Bailey".

..."Have a good game Saturday, john."

Yeah I donno, every time I watch that movie and see him I think of Crosby. Such a punchable face. I could definitely see him say something like that, but probably more about how perky Bettman is.