• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
matthewdanna

What's wrong with Pasha? (Mod warning post #57)

Rate this topic

Datsyuk will miss his 12th consecutive game due to an unspecified lower-body injury. He practiced again on Thursday, after which coach Mike Babcock said, “He was still one-leg skating today.”

Per Khan. 1/30/14 on MLive.

Since it's an "unspecified lower-body injury", I'm guessing toothache, ear infection, or dandruff.

That article is pointless. He has an injury. If I remember, this happened after he did something to his knee in a game. They never said as much, but I think I remember seeing it happen and thinking that had to be an injury. Next thing we hear is "lower body injury."

The fact that anyone Is doubting Pasha sickens me. He's never given us a reason to doubt, and no other player fakes an injury to play in the Olympics. Why would he?

Datsyuk is a professional. He put off playing in Russia for AT LEAST four more years.

I don't understand how people really think Pasha would rather go to the Olympics in "non game shape" and a month + off instead of playing and going in "in game shape."

Pavel Datsyuk would want to go into the Olympics at the top of his game and full steam, not go in after not playing a month plus. So no I don't buy the crap that he is faking an injury.

I do believe he wants to make sure he is a 100% healthy before he plays so that he doesn't end up hurt again in a week and miss another month.

Guest Playmaker

Well, it would help if he and or the Red Wings would just say what his injury is.

That article is pointless.

I don't know about "pointless".

The OP asked what was wrong with Pavel, the link suggested undisclosed lower body injury ... thereby answering the question.

The link also stated that:

1 - he has every intention of going to Sochi

2 - he cannot play for the Red Wings as of yet.

3 - a direct quote from Ken Holland of: "I don’t believe I have the authority or the power to prevent someone from going to the Olympics.”

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140125/SPORTS0103/301250048/Wings-waive-Mikael-Samuelsson-Johan-Franzen-close-returning

What complicates the matter for Datsyuk further is the fact he is the captain for the Russian national team for the rapidly approaching Winter Olympics. The tournament is something Datsyuk has eagerly waited for. He insists he will not miss the Olympics.
But they’re now a little more than two weeks away.
“It would help if I play a few games before the Olympics, come back and (help) conditioning-wise and speedwise,” Datsyuk said. “I just have two weeks and we’re doing everything to help.”
What busts my nuggets is that Datsyuk considers playing for the Wings before the olympics as a "conditioning" exercise in order to be ready for the olympics (which he insists on playing in even with the injury). Detroit really needs him too just as his country does but he is only contemplating playing injured for Russia. While I agree that he is injured - I just don't like that he will risk himself in Russia with this injury and potentially put himself out of Detroit longer as a result. I would hope that Detroit would be at least as important to him and not just a conditioning opportunity at this point. Maybe the language barrier makes this quote seem worse than what Datsyuk intended to say so I might be overreacting.

Between being the captain and having his home country hosting, you know the Olympics are on his mind. They only happen every four years.

No one is asking if he wants to get healthy and play with the Red Wings. That's just a given. It will happen whether it happens this week or next month.

The reporters are asking about the imminent Olympics. This is what he is answering questions about.

I think that if the Olympics weren't this year, he'd be getting fewer interviews and the questions (and his answers) would be more centered around the Wings.

If he doesn't play any games before the Olympics he shouldn't be allowed to go

This isn't the all star game.

3 - a direct quote from Ken Holland of: "I don’t believe I have the authority or the power to prevent someone from going to the Olympics.”

You also have to consider the context of the questions people are answering.

It's frickin Pavel Datsyuk. The man has earned the benefit of the doubt in my opinion.

Edited by rrasco

"Hopefully I can get healthy soon so I can play for my team again and maybe be 100% ready to represent my country as a C in the Olympics"

Is not

"Hopefully I can use my team as secondary conditioning so I can play well in the Olympics, the only thing I, Pavel Datsyuk, care about."

Pavs has given us his utmost loyalty and dedication for over a decade, I think we as fans should return the favor and not assume he's turning his back on us at the drop of hat.

This is Datsyuk were talking about. One of the classiest and most respected men to ever make magic.

How dare we judge him.

Edited by number9

If you don't think he'd be out there if he could be playing, you don't give him very much credit. And if It's a knee, that is a very tricky game to play. Take your time, honey...we'll cheer like hell when you get back.

Guest mjtm77

We get he's injured. It's just frustrating for us if he's not "heathy" enough for us but is "heathy" right when Sochi starts. Anyway it's pavel Datsyuk I respect the man so I'm ok with it. The ONLY thing is olimpics are deff on his mind over the redwings. Can we blame him?

If he plays in Sochi while still a bit injured, unlike most people here, I completely understand.

Russia is the host country of the Olympics, and Datsyuk has been named the captain of the Russian team. That is a HUGE deal.

Of all the hundreds of thousands of professional hockey players in the world only TWO single players every DECADE get that honor.

I can't be mad at him if he plays. I loved when Yzerman did it in in 02 as a Canadian when he probably shouldn't have considering his knee problems. I'm not gonna sit here and be hypocrite about it, and I don't think some people realize how this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for Dats.

Guest mjtm77

I can't be mad at him if he plays. I loved when Yzerman did it in in 02 as a Canadian when he probably shouldn't have considering his knee problems. I'm not gonna sit here and be hypocrite about it, and I don't think some people realize how this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for Dats.

We do, it's just we are all wings fans and we don't wanna miss the playoffs. This month as been tough to watch