• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

2/2 GDT: Red Wings 5 at Capitals 6 (OT)

Rate this topic

The refs didn't cost the Wings this game. Defensive zone turnovers and poor d-zone play cost the Wings this game.

Helm needs to forget that hot streak he went on when he first came back and start playing the simple north-south game that got him here instead of trying to be a scoring line center. Even when he's playing on a scoring line.

That #4 spot on D is their major Achilles heel. Quincey, Smith, and Kindl just aren't getting it done for various reasons.

Helm doesn't look up to speed at all. Olympic break will be good for him I think. Hopefully he can practice hard and work on his conditioning, right now he looks dead-tired everytime he's been on the ice 30+ seconds. Still makes quite a lot of good things happen but isn't on the level of where he's normally at.

Helm doesn't look up to speed at all. Olympic break will be good for him I think. Hopefully he can practice hard and work on his conditioning, right now he looks dead-tired everytime he's been on the ice 30+ seconds. Still makes quite a lot of good things happen but isn't on the level of where he's normally at.

Has he even gotten a breakaway since he returned? I noticed that he didn't look good lately too, he also seemed to lose that scoring touch he magically got earlier this year.

For the hockey world in general, the fact that a superstar scored an OT goal is more important news that some relatively unknown kid getting a hat trick.

Because it's so impressive Ovi scored a goal in OT on the PP. If Gus had scored the GWG in OT and Ovi had the trick the story would have read something like: OVI'S AMAZING GAME AND THREE GOALS JUST NOT ENOUGH.