• Please log in to reply
580 replies to this topic

#521 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:28 PM

If that was the case there would be about 30+ penalties in every game...the officials showcased some very poor game management skills

As long as they were in favor of the Wings many around here would love 30 powerplays a game.  Compelling hockey for sure.  Just read back through old GDTs and count the number of times people are begging for calls around here.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#522 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:28 PM

I didn't see much of the game, but if this offense as constructed scores 5 goals, then Jimmy needs to play well enough to win.

Am I off base for today or was he average?

The defending was awful.  Howard didn't give up any soft goals, but he could have played a lot better.  He continues to underwhelm.  

Neuvirth also gave up 5, but he made some terrific saves on the other end.  That's the difference between the two goalies.    

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#523 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:29 PM

too bad we came back. now holland def wont make a move. 

#524 nosyt612

nosyt612

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

On a positive note I have Gustav, Zets and Carlsson on my keeper team.  Big night for my team the Datsyukian Dekes.

Edited by nosyt612, 02 February 2014 - 03:29 PM.

#525 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,972 posts

Weak call on Smith for the trip if you ask me. People blaming Smith and Howard for this loss just prove you need a scapegoat. Not many goalies will stop a PP onetimer by Ovechkin when he gets to load up like that.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#526 CMatt89

CMatt89

The REAL great one...

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

4 on 4 sucks. 4 on 3 sucks more. Refs deciding when to make and when to not make calls is absurd. Unless ovie is shooting, hes non existent. Good offense tonight, both teams. Pk is awful. Need datsyuk, need not the services of andy, kindl, quincey. Kids need to stay, make room. Emergence of sheahan and glendy really shows the mistake of signing weiss. Would rather see tootoo than eaves or andy.

#527 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,735 posts

I didn't see much of the game, but if this offense as constructed scores 5 goals, then Jimmy needs to play well enough to win.

Am I off base for today or was he average?

nope...jimmy should have had that goal. He was down way before the puck got to him...very average. Make the deal for Miller now...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#528 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:30 PM

Did Wings get a power play at all in 3rd even? I sure could've seen a few that should've been called on the Caps. They seem to not find there whistle but moment Wings did stuff, they were quick to call. Bad call in OT (right one, but 99% of the time that's not called) but what you gonna do. Glad we got the one point, now just need to quit waiting until we're so far behind it takes all game to catch up.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#529 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

I love Ice-hockey, but the standard of officiating in the NHL is making it harder and harder to watch games.

Couldn't agree more. Did anyone see no call on Kadri's hit from behind that led to a goal yesterday
Posted Image

#530 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

nope...jimmy should have had that goal. He was down way before the puck got to him...very average. Make the deal for Miller now...

Not gonna happen so why even mention it. Holland doesnt male risky trades.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

#531 SimonSin

SimonSin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:31 PM

Wings better win tomorrow because I don't see them winning in Florida or Tampa. The Red Wings are the Panthers wake up call and Tampa is just the better team right now.

#532 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:31 PM

Guys, this isn't on the refs. We spotted the Caps three goals in the first by playing the absolute worst "hockey" we have ever played. As always, we do it to ourselves.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#533 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:32 PM

Cant blame the refs. Wings D gave up 4 gimmie goals. Stop blaming the refs. The Wings werent good enough today. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

#534 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:33 PM

Guys, this isn't on the refs. We spotted the Caps three goals in the first by playing the absolute worst "hockey" we have ever played. As always, we do it to ourselves.

The OT PP is on the refs.  The 3 goal 1st period is just garbage play defensively.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#535 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

I get we played like ass but ya we can blame this game on the NHL giving ovi power plays out the ass
Posted Image

#536 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,735 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

Not gonna happen so why even mention it. Holland doesnt male risky trades. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Holland made a risky trade in 2001-02 for Hasek. He can do it, he just needs to be reminded of his job as a GM to make this team better...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#537 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:39 PM

Holland made a risky trade in 2001-02 for Hasek. He can do it, he just needs to be reminded of his job as a GM to make this team better...

Lol Kozlov and a 1st was a risky trade? Please........

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

#538 GoWings!

GoWings!

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:39 PM

Gee..snipe shot from the left circle towards the left of the goal by Ovechkin...that shot looked like slow motion. Would've never guessed that was gonna happen.

#539 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:41 PM

By rules in that instance no contact is allowed. Smith has to know any contact in that situation will send him to the box. Refs will always put a team on the powerplay over letting a call go that directly leads to a game winning chance. Has always been that way. Why is anyone surprised by it? Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

You couldn't be more wrong. You're entitled to your ice. You don't have to move for anyone. 

#540 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:41 PM

This was a VERY even hockey game. 

So it’s hard for me to fathom that Detroit committed 6 penalties and Washington, only 3. Makes zero sense. 

Not to blame the refs (defensively, we were pretty stinky) but why do the calls have to be sof****** scripted? As a fan, you know when they’re coming. 

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"