• Please log in to reply
580 replies to this topic

#561 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:07 PM

Question adressed to Kenny was regarding the Nyquist, why it took 2-3 months to call him up? He responded; this us the men league, kids aren't the answer.

I guess that we can agree that Nyquist should have started the season in Detroit...

Edited by Dominator2005, 02 February 2014 - 05:08 PM.

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#562 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:10 PM

Well, having been there tonight, I have to say, I can't complain about an eleven goal game, except for the outcome. Wings stated like s***e, probably shouldn't have gotten a point. Glad they did tho. Vibe in the Verizon was that ovie was due. Sure enough. Bastard. Lots of wing chants. Good time! Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#563 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:13 PM

@dchesnokov: Asked Ovi if he's intentionally trying to scare Team USA players ahead of Sochi to give RUS advantage: "They're already scared." #Sochi2014

*eyeroll*

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#564 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:19 PM

Question adressed to Kenny was regarding the Nyquist, why it took 2-3 months to call him up? He responded; this us the men league, kids aren't the answer.

I guess that we can agree that Nyquist should have started the season in Detroit...

You clearly did not listen to the interview.  As was mentioned, the comment was directed towards a question regarding Jurco.  It was discussed at length at the time the interview was given.  We all know why Nyquist did not start the season in Detroit.  It's old news.  Move on to something else.

#565 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:34 PM

do you understand the concept of consistency? Because that's what the refs were severely lacking. Put the whistles away for the end of regulation and make a weak call that leads to a 4 on 3 of all things in OT, arguably the best situation for a team to be in. And for those of you saying "we'll the wings should be playing a 60 minute game and it's their fault", as a fan realizing we're not the dominant team we used to be it's horrendous and borderline not worth the aggravation of watching the refs largely influence the outcome of games with inconsistent calls. The Wings play is irrelevant to that fact.

Great post. Summed it up perfect
Posted Image

#566 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:59 PM

Great post. Summed it up perfect

Yeah, like when Nyquist clearly interfered with Ovechkin and there was no call.  

#567 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

Yeah, like when Nyquist clearly interfered with Ovechkin and there was no call.  

I don't quite get this post. Are you saying you think there was nothing Washington did that was let go? If so I wonder what game you were watching. Regardless your post is referring to the exact inconsistency I was talking about it. I hate it when it goes either way. And make up calls shouldn't be a thing either.

#568 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:42 PM

I don't quite get this post. Are you saying you think there was nothing Washington did that was let go? If so I wonder what game you were watching. Regardless your post is referring to the exact inconsistency I was talking about it. I hate it when it goes either way. And make up calls shouldn't be a thing either.

Of course there was.  Are you saying nothing Detroit did was let go?  Of course there was.  It happens in EVERY SINGLE NHL GAME.  Officials miss calls they should make, make calls they shouldn't, don't see certain things, see things that didn't really happen....Just like the fans do.  They don't get to sit in front of the tv and watch replays in slo mo.  They have to make split second calls in a game that moves fast.  It has always been and always will be.  It isn't an anti-Red Wing conspiracy, it isn't Bettman's fault, it isn't Crosby or Ovechkin's fault.  

#569 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

Of course there was.  Are you saying nothing Detroit did was let go?  Of course there was.  It happens in EVERY SINGLE NHL GAME.  Officials miss calls they should make, make calls they shouldn't, don't see certain things, see things that didn't really happen....Just like the fans do.  They don't get to sit in front of the tv and watch replays in slo mo.  They have to make split second calls in a game that moves fast.  It has always been and always will be.  It isn't an anti-Red Wing conspiracy, it isn't Bettman's fault, it isn't Crosby or Ovechkin's fault.  

Crosbyyyyyyy!!!!!
*shakes fist in despair*

#570 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:05 PM

I don't remember saying there was an anti wings conspiracy, in fact I'm pretty sure I said I hate inconsistency both ways. My point was that they were clearly letting things go until suddenly they weren't, but that suddenly happened to be in OT causing a 4 on 3. The timing was stupid. I didn't say they missed calls because it was a fast game , I said they were intentionally not calling things and letting the players play. And the fact that it happens every game does not justify it, it's exactly my problem with it because it makes hockey aggravating to watch.

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero, 02 February 2014 - 08:07 PM.

#571 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

I don't remember saying there was an anti wings conspiracy, in fact I'm pretty sure I said I hate inconsistency both ways. My point was that they were clearly letting things go until suddenly they weren't, but that suddenly happened to be in OT causing a 4 on 3. The timing was stupid. I didn't say they missed calls because it was a fast game , I said they were intentionally not calling things and letting the players play. And the fact that it happens every game does not justify it, it's exactly my problem with it because it makes hockey aggravating to watch.

Its your assumption that they were "clearly letting things go", not what actually happened.  I don't know of any sport where the fans say, "Hey, our sport has great officials and always make the right call!"  It does not happen, because fans are inherently biased and because you have human beings making judgement calls.  

#572 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:48 PM

If they weren't letting things go, which is something I encourage because I enjoy seeing the players just play, then they were simply bad officials even along NHL standards. However I think it's a fair assumption to say the refs put the whistles away sometimes.

#573 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,177 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:56 PM

I understand everyone's frustration, but the fluff posts are getting out of hand.  As a reminder:

II. Basic Forum DOs & DON'Ts

· DO post constructively. If you can't add anything meaningful to a discussion, don't bother.

Also, while germane to this game, please post reffing observations in the thread created for it so we don't have identical concurrent discussions going on.

Thanks!

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#574 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

The refs didn't cost the Wings this game.  Defensive zone turnovers and poor d-zone play cost the Wings this game.

Helm needs to forget that hot streak he went on when he first came back and start playing the simple north-south game that got him here instead of trying to be a scoring line center.  Even when he's playing on a scoring line.

That #4 spot on D is their major Achilles heel.  Quincey, Smith, and Kindl just aren't getting it done for various reasons.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#575 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:49 PM

My favorite part...

NHL.COM: OVECHKIN BLASTS ONE IN OT THAT OBLITERATES THE WINGS INTO OBLITERATED OBLITERATES!!!!!!.......and by the way nyquist scored three goals.

Edited by rrasco, 02 February 2014 - 10:50 PM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#576 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

My favorite part...

NHL.COM: OVECHKIN BLASTS ONE IN OT THAT OBLITERATES THE WINGS INTO OBLITERATED OBLITERATES!!!!!!.......and by the way nyquist scored three goals.

So they should have focused on the team that lost?

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#577 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:15 AM

The refs didn't cost the Wings this game.  Defensive zone turnovers and poor d-zone play cost the Wings this game.

Helm needs to forget that hot streak he went on when he first came back and start playing the simple north-south game that got him here instead of trying to be a scoring line center.  Even when he's playing on a scoring line.

That #4 spot on D is their major Achilles heel.  Quincey, Smith, and Kindl just aren't getting it done for various reasons.

Helm doesn't look up to speed at all. Olympic break will be good for him I think. Hopefully he can practice hard and work on his conditioning, right now he looks dead-tired everytime he's been on the ice 30+ seconds. Still makes quite a lot of good things happen but isn't on the level of where he's normally at. 

#578 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:18 AM

Helm doesn't look up to speed at all. Olympic break will be good for him I think. Hopefully he can practice hard and work on his conditioning, right now he looks dead-tired everytime he's been on the ice 30+ seconds. Still makes quite a lot of good things happen but isn't on the level of where he's normally at. 

Has he even gotten a breakaway since he returned? I noticed that he didn't look good lately too, he also seemed to lose that scoring touch he magically got earlier this year.

#579 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:01 AM

So they should have focused on the team that lost?

You're missing the point.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#580 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:08 AM

You're missing the point.

For the hockey world in general, the fact that a superstar scored an OT goal is more important news that some relatively unknown kid getting a hat trick.