Quincey ruins everything.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#442 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:33 PM

I did start it by mentioning Beavis in a Wings shirt to set you up for the epic PP goal for my bunghole quote, which Mabus promptly put into the awesome pic. I'll blame the Macallan for this one since I forced myself to not post during the game. ;). Mabus does have the awesome photoshop skills. I'm sure Nyquist onto the Goose is my Wingman graphic is out there somewhere as well.

This is exactly what I mean! Before the end of the season, we will have a complete episode of Beavis and Butthead starring all Wings players complete with music videos (I'm thinking something by Justin Bieber, Prong, and Eddie Murphy's classic "Party All the Time") and will end up getting sued by Mike Judge!

And it will be magical.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#443 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:45 PM

Blue Jackets lead the Ducks 2-0 after two. This can't be real life.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#444 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:02 AM

Someone should make a GIF of Ericsson saying, "Are you f****** kidding me?!" (re: the late coincidental Kesler call).

Don't Toews me, bro!

#445 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:14 AM

Wingz Rule!!!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#446 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:34 AM

Huge win so happy for the monster. Sweden is set in goal now with Lundquist and Monster playing great.

Hamhuis would look nice in Red and White but the price maybe to steep :(

Edited by frankgrimes, 04 February 2014 - 12:35 AM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#447 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,219 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:40 AM

Huge win so happy for the monster. Sweden is set in goal now with Lundquist and Monster playing great.

Hamhuis would look nice in Red and White but the price maybe to steep :(

Unfortunately Monster left the game during first intermission with injury, I hope it doesn't damage his change his path to the Olympics at all and it was something minor. It was a great combined effort from the two tonight.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#448 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:45 AM

Didn't Gus have heart surgery or something to that effect?
So the dizziness things kinda scary.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter, 04 February 2014 - 12:45 AM.

#449 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:17 AM

Unfortunately Monster left the game during first intermission with injury, I hope it doesn't damage his change his path to the Olympics at all and it was something minor. It was a great combined effort from the two tonight.

Damn :( aren't both getting the SO since neither allowed a goal? Nice to see our goaltenders doing well.

Gus has had some sort of heart problems, when he came over hopefully that's behind him, dizziness is scary hopefully he can get well soon.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#450 matthewdanna

matthewdanna

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:21 AM

Atta Baby!

Dominant defensive effort... and Vancouver is not playing well

#451 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:34 AM

does Howard get credit for a shutout?

#452 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:37 AM

I think the way it works is that the team gets credit for a shutout but neither goalie does.

Howard gets the W though because he was in net when Abdelkader scored to make it 1-0

#453 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:39 AM

oh ok thanks for clearing that up.

And does everyone agree Lashoff needs to stay in as our #6 dman? I like the idea of Kindl sitting most of the time with Smith sitting out when he s***s the bed

#454 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:20 AM

Damn :( aren't both getting the SO since neither allowed a goal? Nice to see our goaltenders doing well.

Gus has had some sort of heart problems, when he came over hopefully that's behind him, dizziness is scary hopefully he can get well soon.

I personally get dizzy sometimes and it's nothing to worry about. I hope that's the case with monster as well. Hopefully he just didn't get enough iron or something

#455 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:23 AM

And does everyone agree Lashoff needs to stay in as our #6 dman? I like the idea of Kindl sitting most of the time with Smith sitting out when he s***s the bed

I like the idea of Kindl sitting most of the time with Smith Quincey sitting out when he s***s the bed.

Fixed that for you ;)

#456 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:59 AM

Yeah, Lashoff needs to play. He may actually be our least mistake-prone d-man. And we need that, someone who doesn't mess up. 

Right now I think Kindl and Smith should be alternating pretty much. I like Smith better because he can provide offense, but he may need the occasional sit down to clear his head after he's had a braindead game like against Washington. 

#457 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:04 AM

12298804563_e324430296.jpg

Be Afraid...

This looks like the evil triplet for the Sedins

#458 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,275 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:22 PM

Though it pains me to say it, we don't have any better options. I mean, he shouldn't be getting the minutes he's getting, but, beyond our top three, who else is significantly better in a top-four role? Smith? Kindl? Lashoff?

None are desirable, but I would say Smith if he's paired with Kronwall. Smith played his most composed and confident hockey when E was out. Smith just isn't going to work getting stuck with the likes of Quincey or Kindl. He needs someone that can cover for him and allow him to jump into the play offensively.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#459 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,695 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

None are desirable, but I would say Smith if he's paired with Kronwall. Smith played his most composed and confident hockey when E was out. Smith just isn't going to work getting stuck with the likes of Quincey or Kindl. He needs someone that can cover for him and allow him to jump into the play offensively.

All you're really saying is that Smith plays best when someone better covers up his mistakes, which is true of every bad defenseman.  Smith isn't even adequate defensively on the second pair.  Put him on the first and you destroy that pairing (since Kronwall isn't a shutdown guy either).  Good first lines would MURDER that top pair.  Also, Smith has been paired with Dekeyser and Lashoff (both responsible) plenty this year and that hasn't noticeably improved his performance...so you can't blame it all on Quincey and Kindl.  You can't move a guy up to the first pair simply because he's a disaster with every other guy on your team. 

The only solution I see is to get a second pair defenseman at the deadline, drop Smith permanently to the third pair with Lashoff, and trade/waive Kindl or Quinecy.  Either that or accept that your defense falls off significantly after the first pair.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#460 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:22 PM

This looks like the evil triplet for the Sedins

Strangely enough, that mish-mash would be the best looking of the 3.

All you're really saying is that Smith plays best when someone better covers up his mistakes, which is true of every bad defenseman.  Smith isn't even adequate defensively on the second pair.  Put him on the first and you destroy that pairing (since Kronwall isn't a shutdown guy either).  Good first lines would MURDER that top pair.  Also, Smith has been paired with Dekeyser and Lashoff (both responsible) plenty this year and that hasn't noticeably improved his performance...so you can't blame it all on Quincey and Kindl.  You can't move a guy up to the first pair simply because he's a disaster with every other guy on your team. 

The only solution I see is to get a second pair defenseman at the deadline, drop Smith permanently to the third pair with Lashoff, and trade/waive Kindl or Quinecy.  Either that or accept that your defense falls off significantly after the first pair.

Smith plays really good with everyone not named Quincey.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.