• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Playmaker

Slava Fetisov Interview

Rate this topic

Guest Playmaker

I don't think it's the Wings responsibility to take care of him for the rest of his life

Maybe not, but it does seem to be the human thing to do. I think holding "fundraisers" and asking blue collar fans to foot the bill for Vladdie's care (and Sergei Mnatsakonov) when you have an owner worth 4 billion dollars is in somewhat poor taste. Kind of like Wal-Mart holding holiday food drives for their employees. I just don't think Ilitch is quite the martyr he's made out to be.

Maybe not, but it does seem to be the human thing to do. I think holding "fundraisers" and asking blue collar fans to foot the bill for Vladdie's care (and Sergei Mnatsakonov) when you have an owner worth 4 billion dollars is in somewhat poor taste. Kind of like Wal-Mart holding holiday food drives for their employees. I just don't think Ilitch is quite the martyr he's made out to be.

I think that's a a very easy/ignorant (albeit popular) position to take for the average joe.

You can't judge a successful wealthy person for not being a full-out philanthropist. You can applaud them for being one though.

Just because he is wealthy, does not make him responsible.

Here's what we know:

1) Vladdy's medical bills are being paid for by the limo's insurance company.

2) Fundraisers were held for at least two years following the accident.

Anything else is pure conjecture on our parts. Fetisov has no proof of anything, there is nothing online that's recent, no one here lives with Konstantinov and no one here is Mike Ilitch. We're all welcome to our opinions and gut feelings, but that's all they are at this point. We shouldn't lambaste anyone without having a shred of something concrete to go on.

I think that's a a very easy/ignorant (albeit popular) position to take for the average joe.

You can't judge a successful wealthy person for not being a full-out philanthropist. You can applaud them for being one though.

Ilitch hasn't an ounce of responsibility for him...whatever he did for Vladdie was because he chose too. Like I said before, Vladdie looks like he is being taken care of one way or another

There's nothing wrong with asking people of any income level to donate/give charitably. Demanding or making it mandatory is where it becomes troublesome. Always be wary of those who volunteer to spend other people's money.

Guest Playmaker

Well, I'm not ignorant, nor average ;) To me, its about treating people how you would want them to treat you. I'm not talking about the Ilitch family being responsible for every bozo who needs money or supporting every single charity out there. But Vladdie wasn't exactly a no name employee. He played a huge role in Ilitch living his dream of winning a Stanley Cup. If he had to wait any length of time to get any kind of medical care or therapy due to lack of funds and the Ilitch family didn't step up, while playing on the emotions of the fans and expecting them to, it's shameful.

Well, I'm not ignorant, nor average ;) To me, its about treating people how you would want them to treat you. I'm not talking about the Ilitch family being responsible for every bozo who needs money or supporting every single charity out there. But Vladdie wasn't exactly a no name employee. He played a huge role in Ilitch living his dream of winning a Stanley Cup. If he had to wait any length of time to get any kind of medical care or therapy due to lack of funds and the Ilitch family didn't step up, while playing on the emotions of the fans and expecting them to, it's shameful.

There is absolutely zero evidence that happened, and by all outward appearances he received all necessary care from day 1.

If the players knew the limo driver had a previous DUI and no valid driver's license they were dumb for getting in the car with him.

The insurance company has absolutely no excuse for not knowing the driver wasn't legal. They paid for all medical expenses. End of story. The team stood by Vladdy but they don't "owe" him anything.