• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

Konami has done a really good job of providing a simulation feeling for games. Granted I am by far not a soccer fan but PES has been a great franchise for the most part (still playing the 06 version). Hockey doesn't need all these crazy licences espeically not on the PC, since patches can be easily installed and modified.

You are right about developers who care about making a great game (Grinding Game Gears with Path of EXile) or those who want to rip you off with every game I am looking at Blizzard.

I really hate the NHL for renewing the licence with EA highly doubt I am going to buy another version even for the Ps 4.

I just gave them more money><

#22 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

Did anyone purchase the game? interested to know the player types and overall stats of all the Red Wings

#23 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

Did anyone purchase the game? interested to know the player types and overall stats of all the Red Wings

Picked up the game last night at midnight. Played one game online and made the kid quit before I could even get half way through 1st period (up 3-0, of course). Red Wings overall rating is extremely high. OFF/DEF/GOA are all 4 and half stars. Haven't checked on each players yet, when I go back on later tonight I will check into that.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#24 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

I bought it last night too mindlessly. It wasn't really on my radar to be honest. I was looking to buy Diablo 3 and a worker asked me if I was looking for NHL 14 and I just said "yeah." $120 gone just like that. Haven't played it yet though.

#25 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

I didn't realize it was coming out yesterday, but I picked it up on the way home from work for 360.  I think this version has a lot of physics improvements and the skating has really improved since last year.  NHL 13 everyone skated like Dan Cleary, it was annoying and almost too realistic in that regard.

When I started the game up it went through the normal settings: whats your favorite team, etc.  However, it also had different 'modes' I guess you could call them.  The options were High Impact, Simulation, and Hardcore Simulation.  If I understand these correctly, they alter the way the game is played.  High Impact focuses more on hits and arcade style games while sim and hardcore sim make it more like a simulator and realistic.  I chose hardcore sim.

I actually really like the way this version of the game so far.  I've only been buying them consistently for the last 6 years or so, and they usually add a thing or two: board battles, improved faceoffs, etc.  This year the game seems more refined than any of the previous I have played.

One thing to keep in mind, it actually makes more sense to develop a core engine and add to that every year fixing 'glitches' (which half of the time are high probability shots) so that way you are constantly improving on that engine.  If they start from the ground up, it will take 5-6 years for the game to be as refined as it is today.  No matter how you slice it, starting over is starting over.  It's like buying a first year car, it's bounds to have some quirks.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#26 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

That's what it's usually like for EA sports games afaik. I could be wrong but I believe I read before that EA has a 3-5 year plan on what to do/improve for that future sports title. I personally don't like it, since the changes are for the most part minor, and you're pretty much paying $60 for roster updates. But on the other hand, I guess it makes sense to release a new title for each new season.

#27 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

I'm 9-1 in NHL 14 right now, struggling to score though. In a lot of 1-0, 2-1 games.

#28 RyaN_84

RyaN_84

Rookie

• Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

yeah I'm not getting it this year. As someone mentioned with so many other good games coming out (GTA V, Saints Row IV and others) i think I'm gonna skip getting it this year. 

One minor thing they haven't updated in a couple years is the Create A Team. It's been the same format over and over. Not to mention the same Logos and Jersey designs , and when you finish creating the team the logo was in black and white, no matter what colours you used!

I know it's not a major part of the game but still , come on! I liked creating a new team. :)

#29 Wingsfan72

Wingsfan72

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:17 PM

Has anyone noticed that DeKeyser is listed as an Offensive Dman?  Wtf?

If I die tell my wife I said, "Hello".

#30 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

Has anyone noticed that DeKeyser is listed as an Offensive Dman?  Wtf?

I think that's a case of a lot of hype surrounding the guy and EA not properly doing their research. He's the definition of a Defensive Dman but they tend to get a few way wrong every year. 

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#31 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

Even though I am 23-2-1 online, I seriously am started to not like this game though. It takes no skill what's so ever.

#32 Redwings-40-5

Redwings-40-5

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:51 PM

I'm 33-6-1 online. I've had game where I outshot the other guy 30-9 and get shutout, and a game to where no one scored until the last 30 seconds. My biggest complaint would be my player will lose the puck if they are slightly bumped, but I can run full steam ahead into my opponent and with no effect. Also the stupid AI going offside on every rush. To me the only skill that seems really necessary is being able to avoid the hits, cause that is how people play defense 90% of the time.

#33 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

I don't eve play much anymore and that's coming from a guy who had over 300 online games last year. EA just kinda s*** the bed bad. gameplay, menus, gm connected went down hill. ect

just a lazy attempt thank god xbox 1 comes out soon.

Posted Image

#34 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:58 AM

I have collected the whole OHL's Windsor Spitfires. I'm willing to trade those cards for a team with the same type of bonus (9k).

I'm on PS3, PM me here.

Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#35 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

I didn't buy it this year.  Because of the nature of each release (small updates), I don't generally buy every year.  But it seems like this year NHL 14 really flew under the radar.  No hype, I actually forgot about it until a week after it came out and someone mentioned it to me, and I haven't heard anything else about it since.

Maybe I'll pick it up next year, but it takes me so very, very long to get through a season or two in NHL 13 (or whatever year I'm playing) that I hardly get my money out of it before a new one comes out.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#36 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:29 PM

Guys I run an xbox 360 GM Connected league and we are looking for a few more people to sign up for the waiting list. Right now the league is full but there are openings coming up soon, it's 100% human controlled with 30 league members, simulation rules so there is no cheese scoring or excessive hitting, and it's a pretty big, active, and fun community. 

If you are interested check us out at nychl.net or send me a forum PM here for more information. We are always looking for clean and competitive players.

#37 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:55 AM

Anyone play the HUT mode on PS3?

Wanna get a game going? 

#38 billyuk23

billyuk23

Draftee

• 0 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

add my psn if you want to play me a game of nhl 14 also play battlefield 4 and call of duty black ops 2  my psn is billystripes23

#39 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:00 AM

228-50-12 online :)

#40 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:48 PM

I pretty much only play Club/OTP outside of the GM Connected league I run. My EASHL skater is RD, 94 goals 343 assists +117 in 507 games. Legend 3 card, I only play defense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users