Photo
- - - - -

If Datsyuk returns Thursday, who's up next to sit?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 ash11

ash11

Rookie

• Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:00 AM

so pav is supposley back thursday, (knock on wood), who do you think is gonna sit, how do you think he will play, and maybe some remarks  on lines would be nice.

In my opinon as good as he is Jurco is gonna be sent down. Pav is gonna come out flying, hes been practicing so he should still have his legs, and I think he nets one as well

#2 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:11 AM

Me gonna need a link. 

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#3 jthiel86

jthiel86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:12 AM

I would guess Jurco will be sent down as well...

#4 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:29 AM

Who would I prefer to be sent back down? Glendening. Who will likely be sent back down? Sheahan or Jurco. I hate to see the line broken up but that's likely going to be how it goes.

http://www.rotoworld...1/pavel-datsyuk

(Pavels return on Thursday or Saturday is speculative at this point, hence the topic title change until more confirmed news is posted.)

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#5 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:54 AM

I think Eaves will take a seat, Babs isn't breaking up the kids line.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#6 ash11

ash11

Rookie

• Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:15 AM

Me gonna need a link. 

http://kuklaskorner....k-back-thursday

Who would I prefer to be sent back down? Glendening. Who will likely be sent back down? Sheahan or Jurco. I hate to see the line broken up but that's likely going to be how it goes.

(Pavels return on Thursday or Saturday is speculative at this point, hence the topic title change until more confirmed news is posted.)

babs said during a phone interview that pav will be back against the panthers, i could be wrong but that was my understanding of the interview

#7 fixxxer

fixxxer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:09 AM

Who would I prefer to be sent back down? Glendening.

I agree I feel that he fills a role that Eaves and Miller already fill where as Sheahan and Jurco bring so much more, an offensive punch that we need.

#8 jthiel86

jthiel86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:21 AM

I'm not sure you can have Eaves sit at this point.  He's playing really, really well.

#9 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:14 AM

LG will take a seat and Andersson will center the 4th line
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#10 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:14 AM

I want to see...

Nyq-pav-z
Sauce-tinky-jurco
Alfie-helm-eaves
Miller-Andy-Abby

Although I'd kind of like to see eaves on pavs wing. His shot has been great lately and I imagine pav setting him up in the top of the slot generating some goals

Edit: spelling

Edited by amato, 05 February 2014 - 07:15 AM.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#11 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:21 AM

Dats is still not confirmed, but should play unless he has a setback. 

Andersson feels most expendable at this point. He's not valuable at all playing winger. I guess you could send down Glendening and move Andy to 4th line C, with Datsyuk centering Alfie and Helm. 

Doubt they break up the kid line until they're absolutely forced to. 

#12 matthewdanna

matthewdanna

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:46 AM

Send down Glendening bc you can

Z-Pav-Abby

Gus-Helm-Alfie

Tats-Tubby-Jurco

Miller-Andy-Eaves

#13 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:29 AM

I would prefer Andersson to sit, but I don't see that as being realistic. My guess is Jurco just because Babs loves having Glendening on the team. I would rather keep Sheahan and Jurco around as long as possible over Glendening, though. 

Edited by GoWings1905, 05 February 2014 - 10:29 AM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#14 Cloune

Cloune

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:33 AM

Henrik Zetterberg - relaxed

#15 Robert Goulet

Robert Goulet

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:46 AM

Andersson would be great, just can't stand his quick sand skating...would love to see dats with tats but kid line is good, tough to break up

#16 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:10 AM

Glendening can't be sent down till after the Olympic break because of the amount of games he's played.  Sheahan will be playing in Grand Rapids during the break.

Because of this I think Sheahan will be sent down.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#17 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:10 AM

No way they can break up the 3 kids and boat anchor line
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#18 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:11 AM

If only we could persuade them to waive Cleary, anyone think another team would pick him up after this offseason and the way he's played? Pretty sure we'll have to send someone down to GR when Datsyuk comes off IR, so as much as I think Andersson should be the one to sit, I honestly think it will be Jurco, Sheahan, or Glendening, in that order of likelihood, which sucks because the Yoots/Meddling Kids line has been outstanding and I'd hate to break up the obvious chemistry they have going right now. Granted, a healthy Datsyuk is more valuable to the team then Tatar, Sheahan and Jurco combined, but we haven't had a secondary scoring line this solid since we rolled with Franzen/Datsyuk/Bertuzzi & Hudler/Zetterberg/Filppula a couple season ago. Even in light of the relative sanity with which Holland and Babcock have been making roster decisions lately, the cap and roster limits cannot be ignored. 

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#19 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:16 AM

I honestly think Cleary will be waived IF it frees up enough cap space. Holland seemed ready to in December.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#20 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:26 AM

Cleary should be gone. Andersson isn't doing much for me compared to Glendening who also PKs well but has speed and tenacity and intangibles. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?