• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ash11

If Datsyuk returns Thursday, who's up next to sit?

Rate this topic

so pav is supposley back thursday, (knock on wood), who do you think is gonna sit, how do you think he will play, and maybe some remarks on lines would be nice.

In my opinon as good as he is Jurco is gonna be sent down. Pav is gonna come out flying, hes been practicing so he should still have his legs, and I think he nets one as well

Who would I prefer to be sent back down? Glendening. Who will likely be sent back down? Sheahan or Jurco. I hate to see the line broken up but that's likely going to be how it goes.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nhl/1351/pavel-datsyuk

(Pavels return on Thursday or Saturday is speculative at this point, hence the topic title change until more confirmed news is posted.)

Me gonna need a link.

http://kuklaskorner.com/hockey/comments/datsyuk-back-thursday

Who would I prefer to be sent back down? Glendening. Who will likely be sent back down? Sheahan or Jurco. I hate to see the line broken up but that's likely going to be how it goes.

(Pavels return on Thursday or Saturday is speculative at this point, hence the topic title change until more confirmed news is posted.)

babs said during a phone interview that pav will be back against the panthers, i could be wrong but that was my understanding of the interview

I want to see...

Nyq-pav-z

Sauce-tinky-jurco

Alfie-helm-eaves

Miller-Andy-Abby

Although I'd kind of like to see eaves on pavs wing. His shot has been great lately and I imagine pav setting him up in the top of the slot generating some goals

Edit: spelling

Edited by amato

Dats is still not confirmed, but should play unless he has a setback.

Andersson feels most expendable at this point. He's not valuable at all playing winger. I guess you could send down Glendening and move Andy to 4th line C, with Datsyuk centering Alfie and Helm.

Doubt they break up the kid line until they're absolutely forced to.

I would prefer Andersson to sit, but I don't see that as being realistic. My guess is Jurco just because Babs loves having Glendening on the team. I would rather keep Sheahan and Jurco around as long as possible over Glendening, though.

Edited by GoWings1905

Glendening can't be sent down till after the Olympic break because of the amount of games he's played. Sheahan will be playing in Grand Rapids during the break.

Because of this I think Sheahan will be sent down.

If only we could persuade them to waive Cleary, anyone think another team would pick him up after this offseason and the way he's played? Pretty sure we'll have to send someone down to GR when Datsyuk comes off IR, so as much as I think Andersson should be the one to sit, I honestly think it will be Jurco, Sheahan, or Glendening, in that order of likelihood, which sucks because the Yoots/Meddling Kids line has been outstanding and I'd hate to break up the obvious chemistry they have going right now. Granted, a healthy Datsyuk is more valuable to the team then Tatar, Sheahan and Jurco combined, but we haven't had a secondary scoring line this solid since we rolled with Franzen/Datsyuk/Bertuzzi & Hudler/Zetterberg/Filppula a couple season ago. Even in light of the relative sanity with which Holland and Babcock have been making roster decisions lately, the cap and roster limits cannot be ignored.

People shouldn't be so quick to cast off Andersson. He is one of our best faceoff men and is a solid defensive player with decent size.

I just wish he could be a little meaner. Sometimes he needs a fire lit under him.

Glendening can be sent down, he just won't be able to play. As such, it will probably be Sheahan

"Luke Glendening is not eligible to be assigned to the Griffins during the Olympics"

Link

People shouldn't be so quick to cast off Andersson. He is one of our best faceoff men and is a solid defensive player with decent size.

I just wish he could be a little meaner. Sometimes he needs a fire lit under him.

"Luke Glendening is not eligible to be assigned to the Griffins during the Olympics"

Link

My mistake. The thing I read is he wasn't eligible to play for the Griffins, it didn't say he couldn't be sent down.

No one has any value sitting in the pressbox, and we don't have to worry about the cap until Franzen and Weiss get back. It wouldn't make any sense to waive Cleary then bench Andy or Glenny.

Glendenning should go. Move Andy down and let Pav take that wing spot, ease him back into it.

So I guess Sheahan. Could be Jurco, but if Sheahan's going down anyway for the break, might as well go now.

Edited by Buppy