• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ash11

If Datsyuk returns Thursday, who's up next to sit?

Rate this topic

Unless someone else is hurt and goes on IR, they don't have roster space to keep everyone. Does that mean Eaves gets sent back to GR?

And by all rights, Glendening should probably be the odd man out.

I don't know about that. Glendening although doesn't put up points is an absolute hound on the puck and agitates other teams

According to the lines at practise, Eaves is out.

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Abdelkader

Helm-Datsyuk-Alfredsson

Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco

Andersson-Glendening-Miller

I think it should be Andersson, but Babs calls the shots.

Hey at least it's not one of the kids sitting

I doubt Pav plays Thursday..if he plays at all it will be against Tampa for a few shifts.

He's practicing on a line. Why don't you think he's gonna play?

No one has any value sitting in the pressbox, and we don't have to worry about the cap until Franzen and Weiss get back. It wouldn't make any sense to waive Cleary, then bench Andy or Glenny.

Glendenning should go. Move Andy down and let Pav take that wing spot, ease him back into it.

We still have to clear a salary off our books before they return. So waive someone on the way out or trade someone of value.

I don't see Holland "trading anyone he sees here in the future" so waiving Cleary now would maximize the cap relief. (little as it is)

Considering that, it does make sense. I don't think they'll do it though.

Edited by Son of a Wing

hoepfully sheahan can stay up that line has been our best every night it seems. tough choices for babs! the good thing is that cleary or bertuzzi or sammy are nowhere near playing a game for us yay! now if we can only add Kindl to that list and pick up a solid stay at home guy we will be ok.

Unless someone else is hurt and goes on IR, they don't have roster space to keep everyone. Does that mean Eaves gets sent back to GR?

And by all rights, Glendening should probably be the odd man out.

Glendening made an absolutely SICK defensive play on Edler on the PK last game. And overall he's been solid, I think he brings a little more than Eaves. Even if Patty has that great shot he uses once per season and might score in the shootout with.

Though if Andy's gonna be on the 4th line he may as well play in the middle. He's better on faceoffs than Luke.

Aside from Franzen, Kindl is the only other player not skating. (lower body injury)

I wonder if the place him on IR to get down to the 23-man roster.

That appears to be the plan..

"@AnsarKhanMLive: If Datsyuk is cleared for tomorrow, Kindl will go on short-term IR, opening a roster spot. No other move needed."

I kind of love those lines. We keep together the kid line and zets line, both which have been great, and dats' new line has some good potential. The fourth line is as good as you're going to get in todays nhl. Really solid top to bottom.

Who would I prefer to be sent back down? Glendening. Who will likely be sent back down? Sheahan or Jurco. I hate to see the line broken up but that's likely going to be how it goes.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nhl/1351/pavel-datsyuk

(Pavels return on Thursday or Saturday is speculative at this point, hence the topic title change until more confirmed news is posted.)

I'm gonna look at this on the other side of the coin. Glendening should be our 4th line centre for the next 15 years. May as well keep him there. Jurco projects as top 6. While I don't want to break up the kid line, it would make more sense for Jurco to play as much as possible and have him go to GR for top line minutes. Eaves is also playing really good on the 4th line with Miller and Glendening and that line is producing as well. The only line I'm not liking, and the only reason I'm not liking it is Andersson and the 3rd line. If Andersson were moved to say, Edmonton for a pick and Abs moved down to the 3rd line with Helm and Alfie, and Dats came back to play with Z and Nyquist, then no one has to get sent down and our team is lethal with the kid line untouched and just as importantly, our 4th line that finally has some identity doesn't get touched. Dats and Z are back together with Nyquist and the fire that's under his ass and our 3rd line which has been the only line that isn't clicking, would get one of the hardest workers in the NHL in Abs to be reunited with Helm and then we have another 2 kids and a goat as our 3rd line.

Then all is well. Hopefully everyone can follow the mess that spilled from my head to my laptop. :ok:

We still have to clear a salary off our books before they return. So waive someone on the way out or trade someone of value.

I don't see Holland "trading anyone he sees here in the future" so waiving Cleary now would maximize the cap relief. (little as it is)

Considering that, it does make sense. I don't think they'll do it though.

Academic now, in light of the news on Kindl, however...

We only need to clear space when Weiss and Franzen are back. (Technically, we're only claiming LTIR exemption for Weiss, but if Franzen is going to be out even after the break we could retro-actively claim it for him too.)

Waiving Cleary now (as opposed to later) does absolutely nothing for our cap situation. We'd still be using the LTIR exemption, just less of it. But you don't get to save any that you don't use, so there's no benefit in that.

Eventually, assuming we do get healthy and there are no salary-dump trades, we'll have to demote Sheahan, Jurco, Cleary, plus one of Miller or Eaves (or both if we want to keep a kid) to be cap compliant. That assumes no one would claim Cleary (or Bert if we waived him).

Now that I've looked, we have the space to keepGlendening (and we wouldn't get any real benefit from demoting him, since he has such a small hit), so he'll likely be here for the rest of the year.

Luke Glendening is a fine fill in at 4C. He should not be the regular there unless he drastically improves on draws and finds even a hint of offense.

I feel the same way, but I do like his gritty element and his penchant for getting into the face of the opponents. In a perfect world Helm would be the 4th line center.