• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Son of a Wing

Olympic Hockey Schedule & Info

Rate this topic

Is there a link to what each division looks like? (ie. Canada, Finland, Austria, Norway = Division A)

Yep. Check here. http://sochi2014.iihf.com/men/teams/

Seeding:

Group A: Russia (1), Slovakia (6), USA (7), Slovenia (18)

Group B: Finland (2), Canada (5), Norway (8), Austria (15)

Group C: Czech Republic (3), Sweden (4), Switzerland (9), Latvia (11)

Wow, only the Gold Medal Game is on NBC proper. Farking pathetic.

That is a bit odd. However, if NBC does what they did in 2010 they will stream all of them online. Although, you had to verify your provider subscription through NBC.

Times suck though. Not as bad as West Coast, but all the US games are at 630am here. I do not function at that hour unless I'm still up from the night before. Sounds like the Olympic 'Break' is going to be exhausting.

Edited by rrasco

Finland hurting.

Mikko Koivu, Saku Koivu, Filppula are all out. So who's playing center?? Barkov, Granlund and Jokinen? Weak.

Yeah, I had them as a dark horse to win it all, but I don't see them being a threat now.

Even Aki Berg couldn't save them.

did the announcers say Ovechkin was the "leader" of the team? Isnt Pasha still the captain? damn NBC... get for your facts straight

From everything I've heard, the gold medal in hockey is the event Russia wants to win most. Which means Pavel Datsyuk being the captain could have more pressure than any other Russian Olympian. Starts to make you understand why he has been taking extra time to get healthy before getting back on the ice.

From The Score:

During a Friday afternoon appearance on TSN 1050 Radio in Toronto, TSN reporter Darren Dreger passed along the news that the NHL "will not" participate in the 2018 Winter Olympic Games, which will be hosted in Pyongyang, South Korea.

Part of this deals with recent comments made by Ed Snider, Flyers owner and one of Uncle Gary's "inner Circle" of advisors.

I have a guess what's next.

From The Score:

Part of this deals with recent comments made by Ed Snider, Flyers owner and one of Uncle Gary's "inner Circle" of advisors.

I have a guess what's next.

Yep, thats a bunch of drama and the players association winning out in the end. Get ready for the Uncle Gary Show.