• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

2/6 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Panthers 1

Rate this topic

As much as I hate Anaheim, my favorite memory of Kopecky was Beauchemin breaking his face in the playoffs.

If we had have scored 2 goals there on the 4 minute PP, my favourite memory of Kopecky would have been him shooting the puck at the ref. Sometime next week I would have randomly posted in a thread, "hey guys, remember the time Kopecky shot the puck at a ref and we finally beat the almighty Panthers in regulation?" That was a really cool game.

Now, we have a 1 goal lead going into the 3rd against a team that is basically our kryptonite this season.

I can't believe that the coaching staff refuses to change their power play system. It is outrageously bad. The players are rarely in a position along the boards where they can shoot at the net without getting blocked. I don't know which coach is in charge of this, but he needs to be replaced.

If we had have scored 2 goals there on the 4 minute PP, my favourite memory of Kopecky would have been him shooting the puck at the ref. Sometime next week I would have randomly posted in a thread, "hey guys, remember the time Kopecky shot the puck at a ref and we finally beat the almighty Panthers in regulation?" That was a really cool game.

Now, we have a 1 goal lead going into the 3rd against a team that is basically our kryptonite this season.

Pff. Remember the last time we had a two goal lead in the third against the panthers?

Howard has indeed been huge for us tonight, you have to admit.

I think a lot of people have trouble grasping that even the worlds most top level elite goalie is going to struggle and have bad games. It's just going to happen. They will struggle at times, they will slump, they will have a bad stretch. Laying it out simply, he isn't an elite goalie, but he's a great goalie. Like any NHL goalie, he has his ups and he has his downs. For whatever the reason expectations for him to be top level and elite every single game resulting in a 60-0-0 regular season record is unrealistic as a hockey fan, yet he continues to get more grief than praise.

This is just where I stand and how I see it, opinions differ and clash, but that's where I stand and I remain confident with Howard as our starting netminder for upcoming seasons.

Unfortunately yes he does. We could get him and Andersson to change jerseys during the intermission….?

I'm really not high on Andersson. I know I've said it before, but, well, I'm saying it again. Trade him and a pick for Ott, or something.

Pff. Remember the last time we had a two goal lead in the third against the panthers?

I was hoping for a 3 goal lead. Slightly harder to blow. Though we have a strong lineup tonight. Just can't get a bounce cause the ice sucks ________________. We get 4 in the 3rd and cruise to a 6-1 win. Kopecky hits the ref with his next shot. :lol:

I have not mentioned this yet so far this game, Abdelkader is awesome!

Howard has indeed been huge for us tonight, you have to admit.

Most wont. Wings fans have a complex with there starting goalie in which they will never be good enough. Has happened to all before Jimmy, will happen to Mrazek if he takes over, and will happen to whomever takes over for Mrazek.

I think a lot of people have trouble grasping that even the worlds most top level elite goalie is going to struggle and have bad games. It's just going to happen. They will struggle at times, they will slump, they will have a bad stretch. Laying it out simply, he isn't an elite goalie, but he's a great goalie. Like any NHL goalie, he has his ups and he has his downs. For whatever the reason expectations for him to be top level and elite every single game resulting in a 60-0-0 regular season record is unrealistic as a hockey fan, yet he continues to get more grief than praise.

This is just where I stand and how I see it, opinions differ and clash, but that's where I stand and I remain confident with Howard as our starting netminder for upcoming seasons.

I think it just sort of comes with the territory (i.e. being the Wings' starting goalie, who just signed a big contract), fair or not. Personally, I agree with everything you said. +1, Good Sir.

That Flagstar commercial is pretty funny.

I'm happy we don't have a two-goal lead. For us, a one-goal lead is infinitely more comfortable. (THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID)

Andersson, Pulkkinen, Quincey and a 2nd rounder for Reilly Smith.

Oh man, I'd be down with adding The Younger, Better Smith. I like Pulkkinen, though.

That Flagstar commercial is pretty funny.

I'm happy we don't have a two-goal lead. For us, a one-goal lead is infinitely more comfortable. (THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID)

Oh man, I'd be down with adding The Younger, Better Smith. I like Pulkkinen, though.

Gotta trade something to get something. Pulks is awesome, but I like Reilly's all around game a LOT! Boston was apparently interested in Q for some unknown reason and Andersson could laughably cover for Smith on the 3rd line in Boston. Swap Andersson for Reilly Smith and I will have the Ron Burgundy pants illusion going on.

Jimmy has been the worst starting goalie we've had in like 10+ years. I know he is a great goalie and has been in the past but this year he's been awful

He is like 10 games below .500 he has some of the worst stats of any starting goalie

Manny Legace? Besides, the two other main goalies during that time were Ozzie and Hasek. Jimmy has been consistently good throughout his entire career. Beyond the Capitals and Blues games, he has been quite strong the past month. Edited by GoWings1905

Gotta trade something to get something. Pulks is awesome, but I like Reilly's all around game a LOT! Boston was apparently interested in Q for some unknown reason and Andersson could laughably cover for Smith on the 3rd line in Boston. Swap Andersson for Reilly Smith and I will have the Ron Burgundy pants illusion going on.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'd probably do it!