• Please log in to reply
457 replies to this topic

#441 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:46 AM

Anyone else concerned with how Pavs skated?

There is always some concern with a guy coming off injury, but I thought he looked good for someone who missed 5 weeks.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#442 matthewdanna

matthewdanna

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:48 AM

There is always some concern with a guy coming off injury, but I thought he looked good for someone who missed 5 weeks.

I didn't see him stumble, limp, or wince, but it seemed to me that he never tried out his top gear.

#443 WhiteLightning91

WhiteLightning91

Feed the Mule!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:59 AM

Maybe I'm having a brainfart considering the time, but can someone explain to me why icing was not called on the Lashoff goal? 20 years worth of hockey knowledge is currently escaping me...

GMRwings1983: "Hudler has been stellar"

#444 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:03 AM

Maybe I'm having a brainfart considering the time, but can someone explain to me why icing was not called on the Lashoff goal? 20 years worth of hockey knowledge is currently escaping me...

Lashoff beat the icing call.

#445 WhiteLightning91

WhiteLightning91

Feed the Mule!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:20 AM

Lashoff beat the icing call.

Didn't the puck cross the goal line before he got to it though?

GMRwings1983: "Hudler has been stellar"

#446 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:27 AM

Didn't the puck cross the goal line before he got to it though?

The new hybrid icing. The call is blown off if the team beats the other player to the hash marks. It's a race to the hash marks essentially instead of first player to touch the puck. Even if the puck is fired down and the team is clear to retrieve it for icing the refs don't blow the whistle until the player reaches the hash marks.

#447 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:25 AM

Re:  BB&T Center

Last night's attendance: 15,623

Capacity: 19,250

Average per game: 14,776

Ranking: 27 out of 30

I wonder if Uncle Gary is paying attention?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#448 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:48 AM

Two games in a row where our offense looked like a top tier NHL team, but our defense looked AHL. We're not as horrifically embarrassing to watch anymore, which is great. But that defense needs a tweak.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#449 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,059 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:57 AM

I'd like to add that the Lashoff penalty was stupid only in the sense that he was pretty much forced to make it by a couple of his teammates. Unless I'm remembering it wrong.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#450 Sabaton617

Sabaton617

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:42 AM

I'd like to add that the Lashoff penalty was stupid only in the sense that he was pretty much forced to make it by a couple of his teammates. Unless I'm remembering it wrong.

It was uncanny how Mickey predicted that the Wings were gonna take a penalty at the end of the game and Lashoff kept crossing checking a Florida player who was falling over the Wings net.  I think Lashoff gets away with first cross checks but he kept going at the Florida player who was out of the play. 

#451 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:51 AM

I didn't see him stumble, limp, or wince, but it seemed to me that he never tried out his top gear.

He might not have a top gear yet. Though after sitting 5 weeks it's not surprising, as long as he stays healthy he will continue to improve with time.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#452 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,165 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:28 PM

He might not have a top gear yet. Though after sitting 5 weeks it's not surprising, as long as he stays healthy he will continue to improve with time.

As long as he's healthy when he gets back from the Olympics he will be awesome. He might not want to go 100% either, he wants to be able to go to the Olympics and not get injured before hand

#453 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,059 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:22 PM

It was uncanny how Mickey predicted that the Wings were gonna take a penalty at the end of the game and Lashoff kept crossing checking a Florida player who was falling over the Wings net.  I think Lashoff gets away with first cross checks but he kept going at the Florida player who was out of the play. 

Well, at least we know we have a big mean crease-clearer.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#454 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:23 PM

Lashoff plays heavy around the net, I like that.  He had a great stick tie-up in front of our net right before the Goose snipe goal as well.  Good game from him last night.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#455 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,059 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:34 PM

Datsyuk looked pretty great, all things considered. He was basically robbed of a goal and two assists. There were definitely moments where you could tell he'd been out for a month, but then, his rhythm and decision-making have been somewhat off for most of the season.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#456 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,992 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:03 PM

GUYS

Do you remember when we used to have GDTs and the Detroit Red Wings used to play hockey games together? Good times!

While I am thoroughly enjoying all the Olympic hockey, I *am* starting to have Wing Withdrawals. 

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#457 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:14 PM

Dang it.  I thought there was a matinee Wings game today on this lovely American Holiday that I am working that I somehow missed.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#458 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:43 PM

Not notice the Olympic Hockey on TV?