• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Son of a Wing

Predicting our RFA Contracts

Rate this topic

I feel there is a wide range of opinions on what our RFAs will earn in the upcoming year/s going forward. Figured it would make for good discussion.

There are 4 guys who have played a role on our team this year with an expiring contract and RFA status. - Dekeyser, Tatar, Sheahan, Glendening.

Give your opinion on the contract value and term involved. Keep in mind when UFA status is for each player. I will list details for each.

Dekeyser - Undoubtedly a top 3 defenceman on this team right now.

- UFA going into 2017/18 when he is entering the season over 27.

- 2 year bridge deal or long-term lockup?

Tatar - Promising young player who's developing into a top 6-9 scoring forward.

- UFA going into 2017/18 when he will be entering his 8th contract year.

- 2 year bridge deal or long-term lockup?

Sheahan - 1st round pick. High potential to become solid 2-way forward.

- UFA going into 2018/19 when he will be entering his 8th contract year.

- 1-3 year bridge deal or long-term lockup?

Glendening - Future/current grinder and penalty killer. 4th liner.

- UFA going into 2016/17 when he is entering the season over 27.

- Year-by-year or multi-year deal?

- Qualifying offer(aka minimum) is 605,000.

*Only included RFA players who have earned a role so far with the Wings or played significant time. So no Callahan, Ferraro, Emmerton or Almquist.

Dekeyser 3 year bridge @ 3 million per

Tatar same @ 2.0 per year

Tinky 2 years 1.5 per

Keep in mind last year Subban signed a bridge deal for 2 years at 2.875 cap hit. Not saying that DK isn't worth 3 at 3 because I think he definitely is, just that we may be able to sign him for less. Also that this past offseason we signed Nyquist for 950,000 hit for 2 years, so Sheahan should get somewhere around there. That said though I'd be happy with all three of those deals you have.

Wow, you guys are generous when it comes to someone else's money

None of these guys have earned that much of a raise....this is more like it...

Dekeyser - 2yrs @ $2.5M-$2.75M per.

Tatar - 2yrs @ $1.125M-$1.5M per

Sheahan - See Tatar

Glendening - 2yrs @ $925K per

..after these contracts, then they may hit paydirt.

I say 2 years because these guys will still be RFA's after the contract (as someone mentioned above) that way you have exclusive rights to them. After 2 years, I can see some of those numbers you guys are talking about, on 5-8 year contract...maybe more than you guys are talking about!

Wow, you guys are generous when it comes to someone else's money

None of these guys have earned that much of a raise....this is more like it...

Dekeyser - 2yrs @ $2.5M-$2.75M per.

Tatar - 2yrs @ $1.125M-$1.5M per

Sheahan - See Tatar

Glendening - 2yrs @ $925K per

..after these contracts, then they may hit paydirt.

I say 2 years because these guys will still be RFA's after the contract (as someone mentioned above) that way you have exclusive rights to them. After 2 years, I can see some of those numbers you guys are talking about, on 5-8 year contract...maybe more than you guys are talking about!

Leftwinger is closer to reality...

I'll go a little lower

DeKeyser 2.65 for 2 years

Tatar 1.2 for 2 years

Sheahan 850K for 2 years

Glendening 700K for 2 year

I don't think dragonballgtz is that far off for the term he's stating them for.

D would probably get around 5 years @ 4 mil if they were talking a longer contract.

If we're going to sign any of them longer term, Dekeyser would be the safest bet.

I don't think dragonballgtz is that far off for the term he's stating them for.

D would probably get around 5 years @ 4 mil if they were talking a longer contract.

If we're going to sign any of them longer term, Dekeyser would be the safest bet.

If he can stay healthy, I'd agree.

I also cant see sheahan, or Tatar for that matter, getting bridge deals worth more than Nyquist, as some have stated.

Sheahan because he's our 3rd line center with injuries, who knows if hell stay there or move to wing.

Tatar because he's a 3rd line winger, presumably for the next year or two...

And I agree on the two year bridge deals, but deke may take a longer contract at a lower number for His age, and his upside could get him paid more when he does come up for a new contract.

4 yrs hell just be entering his prime, the cap will be higher so if he proves he can be a #1d or even a top pairing guy hell be in for a much bigger pay day.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

My predictions are pretty close to Matthewdanna's. DeKeyser $2.5M, 3 years; Tatar $1.25M, 2 years; Sheahan $900K, 2 years; Glendening $700K, 2 years. Keep in mind, Glendening may not even make the roster to start next year...

Lol @ 5 mil for DD. 15+M for the worst top 3 in the NHL. DD deserves 2.5M a season but he has us by the balls sooo

Holland really should pick up a top 4 defensemen somehow at the deadline to replace Quincey or we're going to overpay him or have a much worse Defense then this year

Edited by joesuffP

If he can stay healthy, I'd agree.

I also cant see sheahan, or Tatar for that matter, getting bridge deals worth more than Nyquist, as some have stated.

Sheahan because he's our 3rd line center with injuries, who knows if hell stay there or move to wing.

Tatar because he's a 3rd line winger, presumably for the next year or two...

And I agree on the two year bridge deals, but deke may take a longer contract at a lower number for His age, and his upside could get him paid more when he does come up for a new contract.

4 yrs hell just be entering his prime, the cap will be higher so if he proves he can be a #1d or even a top pairing guy hell be in for a much bigger pay day.

That's why I would want DD in a long term 8 year contract now. In his prime, I can imagine him becoming a good #2 in the likes of Stuart. Maybe a dumb play every once in awhile, human nature, but he will be able to shut other teams down.

Tatar I just think will get Flip like money/contract. The first year of Flip's 5y/$15M contract, the cap was $56.7M. If they sign Tatar to a similar contract it will be 4-5 years @ $3M with the cap being ~$71M.

Nyquist will still get a better deal than Tatar. $4 or $4.5 easily for Nyquist if he continues to perform at his current level and since he will be 25 years old by then, prime time baby.

Edited by dragonballgtz