Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:29 AM

Goose_and_golden_egg.jpg

#62 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:32 AM

He just gets better every game. Awesome! That 25 goal mark looks pretty damn obtainable now. Love me some nyq

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#63 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:25 AM

This game might have been the most impressive Gus has played. He was actually a dominant player out there, and we were playing one of the top teams in the league. 

Setting up the OT goal by knocking Malkin down and creating a turnover is just epic. 

#64 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,179 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:26 AM

He just gets better every game. Awesome! That 25 goal mark looks pretty damn obtainable now. Love me some nyq

I'm hoping for that 30 goal Mark. Hehe I'm too greedy lol

#65 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:27 AM

I'm beginning to think the Wings may just pull this off. Datsyuk should be back in what, five or six more games? Helm should come back next week. Just hang on, guys, the cavalry is coming.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#66 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:36 AM

I'm beginning to think the Wings may just pull this off. Datsyuk should be back in what, five or six more games? Helm should come back next week. Just hang on, guys, the cavalry is coming.

Last I saw is that Helm might be back as soon as Saturday.  Just hope that the rest of the roster doesn't relax too much if/when players start to come back.

#67 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:04 AM

I worship at the shrine of Gus.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#68 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:23 AM

Last I saw is that Helm might be back as soon as Saturday.  Just hope that the rest of the roster doesn't relax too much if/when players start to come back.

That would really help us with a home and home against the Wild.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#69 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,890 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

I'm honestly pretty concerned that Datsyuk is done for the season. His knee has been bad since December and he has played what, 5 games for the Wings in that time? I don't think three weeks will fix his problem, but lets hope I'm mistaken and Datsyuk can suit up for a run.

#70 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:36 AM

That would really help us with a home and home against the Wild.

I just can't wait for Helm or Weiss anymore, if they come back, great, if not then we'll just play the guys that are on the team now. Checking when our injured players will be back has started to piss me off.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#71 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,064 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:37 AM

844366891.gif?1395192857

Don't Toews me, bro!

#72 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

I just can't wait for Helm or Weiss anymore, if they come back, great, if not then we'll just play the guys that are on the team now. Checking when our injured players will be back has started to piss me off.

No doubt.  I just so badly want Helm to stay healthy.  He's my favorite player behind Z and Dats, so I'd love to watch him play more often.  He was so close to being fully healthy and then got sent awkwardly into the boards head first and there goes that comeback...

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#73 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:14 PM

844366891.gif?1395192857

Your new Avatar is sick. 

#74 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:10 PM

I think teams will be copying our style of over developing. We're able to insert a guy into an NHL lineup in his first year and be a top 6 producer with no growing pains

#75 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:22 PM

This game might have been the most impressive Gus has played. He was actually a dominant player out there, and we were playing one of the top teams in the league. 

Setting up the OT goal by knocking Malkin down and creating a turnover is just epic. 

There was points during the game where he looked like Z out there, just hanging onto the puck in the offensive zone like something fierce. 

#76 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:30 PM

When Holland signs Nyquist to his new deserved contract, I am getting a Nyquist jersey. Him and Tatar are so exciting to watch. The Wings are lucky to have him. Basically playing the role of Z over the past month carrying the team.

#77 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:41 PM

When Holland signs Nyquist to his new deserved contract, I am getting a Nyquist jersey. Him and Tatar are so exciting to watch. The Wings are lucky to have him. Basically playing the role of Z over the past month carrying the team.

Why wait?  I just pulled the trigger on a Nyquist Winter Classic jersey this morning.

#78 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

Why wait?  I just pulled the trigger on a Nyquist Winter Classic jersey this morning.

That's awesome. The WC jerseys are sweet. I am waiting to get it as a birthday present though, and I want to be sure he doesn't have hard feelings against the Wings' management for keeping him out of the lineup for the beginning of this season which I doubt he does.

#79 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,179 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:02 PM

He's OK for a possible career 3rd liner, I wouldn't pull the trigger on a Jersey though, waste of money, he may not even last in the nhl very long, have you seen how bad he is? He's only at like .8 points per game, I mean cone on!!

/sarcasm

#80 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,064 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:23 PM

Your new Avatar is sick. 

Stole it from here. It really is sick, in two senses of the word.

Don't Toews me, bro!