• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Gustav Nyquist Appreciation Thread

Rate this topic

When Holland signs Nyquist to his new deserved contract, I am getting a Nyquist jersey. Him and Tatar are so exciting to watch. The Wings are lucky to have him. Basically playing the role of Z over the past month carrying the team.

Why wait? I just pulled the trigger on a Nyquist Winter Classic jersey this morning.

Why wait? I just pulled the trigger on a Nyquist Winter Classic jersey this morning.

That's awesome. The WC jerseys are sweet. I am waiting to get it as a birthday present though, and I want to be sure he doesn't have hard feelings against the Wings' management for keeping him out of the lineup for the beginning of this season which I doubt he does.

He's OK for a possible career 3rd liner, I wouldn't pull the trigger on a Jersey though, waste of money, he may not even last in the nhl very long, have you seen how bad he is? He's only at like .8 points per game, I mean cone on!!

/sarcasm

According to Khan, Nyquist leads the league in goals since Jan. 20th (which is a weirdly specific date)in great because he's changed to a shoot first mentality.

DETROIT – Gustav Nyquist has always racked up more assists than goals at each level of his hockey career, preferring to be a facilitator rather than a finisher.

That changed midway through this season, and the Detroit Red Wings are benefiting because of it.

Nyquist has an NHL-leading 15 goals since Jan. 20. He leads the Red Wings with 20 goals in just 44 games, after spending the first month-and-a-half of the season with the Grand Rapids Griffins.

Why the sudden surge? One simple reason is he’s shooting the puck more.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/03/red_wings_gustav_nyquist_seein.html

According to Khan, Nyquist leads the league in goals since Jan. 20th (which is a weirdly specific date)in great because he's changed to a shoot first mentality.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/03/red_wings_gustav_nyquist_seein.html

It's cool because I read Sean McIndoe's piece on shooting percentage stuff last night and it made me think of Nyquist.

I think the most interesting and promising thing about Nyquist is that he's managed to be such a dangerous, prolific goal-scorer (going back at least as far as his college days) while playing with a pass-first playmaker mentality.

Only two people (Tatar and Ferraro) had less ice time than Gus today and he still buries one. Hopefully he can bury a few tomorrow. If he keeps scoring at this pace for the rest of the year, he could actually hit 30. 5 goals in his last 4 and would need 9 in his next 12. Still unlikely but **** would that be awesome.

Only two people (Tatar and Ferraro) had less ice time than Gus today and he still buries one. Hopefully he can bury a few tomorrow. If he keeps scoring at this pace for the rest of the year, he could actually hit 30. 5 goals in his last 4 and would need 9 in his next 12. Still unlikely but **** would that be awesome.

Actually the way he's been scoring since January 20 it's very likely he does hit 30

Actually the way he's been scoring since January 20 it's very likely he does hit 30

Actually you're right, I thought we had played more games since Jan 20th. 16 goals in 21 games so prorated to 12 games is 9 goals. Cool stuff.

Actually you're right, I thought we had played more games since Jan 20th. 16 goals in 21 games so prorated to 12 games is 9 goals. Cool stuff.

Yup I hope he hits it for a few reasons, 1. Ken Holland left him to rot for the first 1/3 of the season. 2. Some strange people around here who think he would be a borderline 3rd liner on most teams. 3. He would have 30 goals in less then 60 games.

Yup I hope he hits it for a few reasons, 1. Ken Holland left him to rot for the first 1/3 of the season. 2. Some strange people around here who think he would be a borderline 3rd liner on most teams. 3. He would have 30 goals in less then 60 games.

1 is my favorite reason. Also the last time we had a 30 goal scorer was 08-09 season. Which is weird since we had 4 that year. Even if he doesn't this year I get excited thinking about what this kid could do playing with Z for an entire year.

Interestingly enough Nyquist only played 10 minutes tonight. Weird use of our best scorer.

Let me start off by saying Babs is a great coach, and down the stretch the last two years has been nothing short of amazing. However some of his line combinations, and the amount of time certain players get is mind boggling to me.

Guest DeGraa55

Let me start off by saying Babs is a great coach, and down the stretch the last two years has been nothing short of amazing. However some of his line combinations, and the amount of time certain players get is mind boggling to me.

It's not just you. It's every same wings fan lol.

Let's not forget his mancrush on cleary. But I will say given the way things have gone and the piss poor roster holland has given him. I'd say Babcock is in the running for coach of the year. In my opinion of course especially if we make the playoffs. Maybe even as a decent seed like 4 or 5.

Yeah, what the hell os going on with ice time lately? I dont understand Babcock but I guess it usually works out to some mad logic.

Interestingly enough Nyquist only played 10 minutes tonight. Weird use of our best scorer.

The thing is, with our best players out, Babs is doing what has to be done to give us a chance to win. Thats why you're seeing the Glendening line with so much ice time. That line is out to play against the other teams best players. The Mule line is the line the other team will play their best shut down players against. When the other team is playing their bottom 6, that's when Babs will send the kids line out. Nyquist is our hottest scorer, and Babs is making the most of his minutes.

It is easy to scratch your head looking at the stat sheets. But when you really start looking at line matchups and what not, it makes a lot of sense. It is very smart coaching. And it is exactly why Goose is on the kid line and not the #1 line.

Håkan Andersson talked about Nyquist getting ordered to work on his shot back when he first came up. It's obvious he's improved it. He's got a pretty quick and stealthy release along with good accuracy which I think is why he's scoring so much.