• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Lines Thread

Rate this topic

It is time to split Datsyuk and Zetterberg. The other lines have developed no chemistry after 11 games. We cant afford to be a one line team any longer. A split also has the advantage that it gives us two lines that will be responsible in both ends. Until Helm is back use Glendening in his spot. Once Helm is back:

Alfredsson/Datsyuk/Abdelkader

Zetterberg/Weiss/Franzen

Tatar/Helm/Bertuzzi

Cleary/Andersson/Tootoo

This may be crazy, not sure I believe it myself, but with the woes we're having, what could it hurt:

Zetterberg-Weiss-Datsyuk (I know, three centermen, but in order for this team to succeed, we need Weiss going)

Bertuzzi-Franzen-Alfredsson (Bertuzzi has looked good so far and Franzen works harder at center)

Abdelkader-Andersson-Tatar (This is where all three players belong until Helm returns)

Tootoo-Glendening-Miller (Energy well-spent)

Samuelsson-Cleary (PINE)

We need to find a way to fit Nyquist into this lineup, Cleary is a good guy but what has he brought this year for us that Nyquist cant? Nyquist had his spot earned I thought. This might not solve all our problems but maybe give us some boost to our offense. 3 goals in 3 games is pretty pathetic.

It's not that I don't like the new lines,but Babcock should have more patience with the players.Jugle them after winning streak,jugle them after losing streak.I know he's trying to get the best of team,but still...

Ahh i see, so no eaves, or helm yet?

Eaves was practicing today, as was Helm. Eaves was on a line with Andersson and Bertuzzi, and Helm was rotating in with the top six. Don't know when either of them will play, but Eaves is likely back before Helm.

Panic mode is nearly upon us. Babs is just reaching now, things are going backwards. Why dan cleary is allowed anywhere near this lineup is beyond me, let alone THE TOPf****** LINE.

I'm sure Babs has some b.s. excuse for it. "He's earned my trust" or "he's heavy on the puck" or "he's a gamer". Something of the like. Nevermind his productivity or skill level. He's a real heart and soul guy.

And i know weve been kicking this dead horse for months but why god, WHY isnt Nyquist dressed and cleary rotting in the AHL where he belongs.

I feel like this is the most perfect time of the season so far to dress nyquist. franzen is out, miller is out, helm is out, useless plugs are literally crippling the top line with arguably the best player on the planet. What will need to happen before hes called up?

So as of now the forward lines are something like:

Cleary-Datsyuk-Tatar

Abby-Zetty-Alfie

Bert-Andy-Eaves

Tootoo/Sammy-Glend-Weiss

YIKES...

To clarify, those aren't the official lines for the game yet. Right now it's just something Babcock was trying in practice.

But he said he hasn’t decided his lineup will be for Wednesday’s game at Vancouver, the first of a four-game Western Canada trip for a team that’s riding a four-game winless streak (0-2-2).

“I’ve got a flight today and I’ve got tomorrow and by then I’ll know,’’ Babcock said.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/10/red_wings_patrick_eaves_to_mak.html

At this point I'd give Weiss a chance with a legit player ie. Z.

Cleary Dats Tots

Z, Weiss, Alfie

Abby, Andy, Bert

Miller, Glen, Eaves

You're preaching to the converted. I've been calling for Z to play on Weiss' wing for quite a while now. But Bab's sees it differently. This team needs Weiss to produce, and what better way to ensure that than by burying him on the fourth line with Tootoo and whomever.

You're preaching to the converted. I've been calling for Z to play on Weiss' wing for quite a while now. But Bab's sees it differently. This team needs Weiss to produce, and what better way to ensure that than by burying him on the fourth line with Tootoo and whomever.

THIS^^^ nothing will entirely shut down any hopes of Weiss producing like giving him absolutely nothing to work with.

To clarify, those aren't the official lines for the game yet. Right now it's just something Babcock was trying in practice.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/10/red_wings_patrick_eaves_to_mak.html

You're definitely right, and my frustration with Babs' and his lines may be causing me to be slightly reactionary. However, I would point out that so far this season, every lineup Babs has used in practice has seen at least one game before being changed. So there is some reason to believe he'll give it the old college try.

I just saw this on MLive, and thought "oh, so it CAN get worse". While its only practice at this point, with Franzen out and Babcock's history, is there any reason to believe Cleary and Abdelkader won't be in the Top 6? I can only hope Miller plays in place of Samuelsson, both to improve our lineup and to prevent us from being a laughing stock with $8M worth of cap on the 4th line.

Also glad we are pairing our defensemen like a playoff bracket 1-6 (Kronwall-Smith), 2-5 (DeKeyser-Quincey), 3-4 (Kindl-Lashoff) in an effort to prevent catastrophic turnovers within your bottom pairs (only half sarcastic, unfortuntely). :P

Franzen-Datsyuk-Alfredsson

Zetterberg-Weiss-Nyquist

Tatar-Helm-Andersson

Miller-Glendening-Abdelkader

Imo something like that is the best we can do this year and I have a feeling it could look very good..