• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Lines Thread

Rate this topic

So, we've got ourselves a 1st line. We've got ourselves a 3rd line. Helm makes everything better, especially 4th lines :)

Now all we need is a 2nd line. If only we had a young, speedy, skilled, playmaking winger we could put there.......Unfortunately there's none available, and if there was it would cost us an arm and a leg.... :innocent:

For tonights game:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Weiss-Alfredsson

Tatar-Andersson-Abdelkader

Miller-Helm-Tootoo

Kronwall-DeKeyser

Quincey-Kind

Lashoff-Almqvist

I like the line combos tonight

The second line needs something........God i wish we could put Nyquist in for Cleary.

other then the second line, I love the 1st 3rd and 4th.

Very excited to see Almquist in the line up tonight. hopefully he puts up a good show.

looking forward to this D combo

Kronwall-DeKeyser

Ericsson-Kindl

Lashoff-Quincy

With Almquist and Ouellet bouncing in and out as needed

I like the line combos tonight

The second line needs something........God i wish we could put Nyquist in for Cleary.

other then the second line, I love the 1st 3rd and 4th.

Very excited to see Almquist in the line up tonight. hopefully he puts up a good show.

looking forward to this D combo

Kronwall-DeKeyser

Ericsson-Kindl

Lashoff-Quincy

With Almquist and Ouellet bouncing in and out as needed

Ya I think they should really consider leaving DD with kronner and having big E play with kindl when he gets back

What i'd like to see come playoff time:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bert

Alfredsson-Weiss-Franzen

Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar

Abdelkader-Helm-Tootoo/Miller

Kronner-(top line D trade acquisition)

Ericsson-Dekeyser

Lashoff-Kindl

Howard-Gustavsson

D-man trade for any variation of Quincey/Smith/Cleary/Sammy + draft pick.

To me thats a lineup capable of winning the cup.

Posted in the GDT but figured it goes here.

Guest DeGraa55

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bert

Alfredsson-Weiss-Franzen

Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar

Ericsson-Dekeyser

Lashoff-Kindl

Howard-Gustavsson

Lol you need a second line to win a cup. Our is d is capable of winning a cup now....our forwards are not....

I wholeheartedly disagree.

Kronwall - Ericsson

DeKeyser - Kindl

Quincey - Smith

That. Scares. Me.

Keep in mind though that was the defensive group last playoffs, only flip Quincey and Smith to the second pairing. It often wasn't pretty, but they did surprisingly well considering their inexperience. This year those bottom three haven't looked great but there's still a lot of season to play. And DeKeyser is only going to be better and better.

What worries me more about the bottom three is if any of the top three are injured for a long stretch, and they have to step up and fill those minutes. Quincey and Smith have shown they can be capable of it but sure haven't looked that way lately.

My big concern is also the threat of serious inury. If we lose any of our top guys for a significant stretch of the postseason - and you have to assume we will - it's really going to hurt us in the "long run."

I don't want to say we got lucky against the Ducks and 'hawks. Because we didn't. But I do think we overachieved. Bottom line, I do not trust our blue line (minus one of our top guys, because you know it'll happen) to win the Stanley Cup. Win a round and then push the second round to seven games? Maybe. But winning the Cup, that'll take more than what we have on the back end. It's just not happening.

I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong, but hopefully it doesn't go that far. Hopefully we snag an elite offensive defenseman with a great first pass, making a statement that we really are deathly serious about winning this year, with Alfie on board for his last hurrah and the Euro Twins not getting any younger.

Broken record, I know.

i think they need to switch the pairings. because quincey-smith is terrible. they seem to bring out the worst in each other. i think we have 6 good D in that group, we just have to make sure to put them in positions to succeed. and i don't think the team has done a very good job at that.

to me the most exciting thing is that with ericsson out, the top pairing still looked solid. so perhaps ericsson can go to 2nd line and play with smith or something. just anything to switch it around. smith scares me because i worry that he will never learn from his boneheaded play, but i have to give him the benefit of the doubt until he is given someone else to play with.

i am also of the opinion that if our young players keep growing that quincey has no future here. perhaps even move him at the deadline as opposed to losing him this summer. (this is the last year of his contract right?)

Lol you need a second line to win a cup. Our is d is capable of winning a cup now....our forwards are not....

Remember, It was the mistakes of our young D that kept us from closing out the eventual Cup Champions.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bert

Alfredsson-Weiss-Franzen

Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar

Ericsson-Dekeyser

Lashoff-Kindl

Howard-Gustavsson

Totally agree with those lines.

Your trade, however, kind a looks like you're offering someone scrap metal and a pile of parts for a late model performance car.

Unfortunately, I can only see us acquiring the top D man with a Franzen based package, which of course could wreck us Cap wise should he retire early, yada yada yada

Also, I want to add: if we keep the same young, inexperienced blue line, we're basically asking it to win the Cup on only its second run. Which is ludicrous.

"OK, you guys learned a lot last time, right? So you know now what it takes to win the Cup, right? Great! Getter done!"

It's not that I don't like our blue line. I just don't see it winning a Cup any time soon. Now, maybe if we were a high-scoring team I wouldn't be so critical. But we're not a high-scoring team, so the blue line matters that much more. And actually, as I've said before, I firmly believe our scoring problems are directly tied to our back end, specifically in our lack of quality puck movement, first passes, etc. Add a P.K. Subban to our corps and the defense improves, the offense improves, the power play improves, and we have a really good shot at the Cup.

All of this isn't to say I'm opposed to bringing in a scoring winger. But, defense wins Cups - and our D needs teeth.

Edited by Dabura

Totally agree with those lines.

Your trade, however, kind a looks like you're offering someone scrap metal and a pile of parts for a late model performance car.

Unfortunately, I can only see us acquiring the top D man with a Franzen based package, which of course could wreck us Cap wise should he retire early, yada yada yada

Haha when you put it that way i agree entirely, hopefully this defenseman is of the (karlsson,subban) type and makes up for the offensive production we'd b losing giving up mule.

Huh? :lol:

I knew id catch some gruff for ending that way, dont get me wrong im not a fan of franzen at all but by years end he shud have atleast 40 points.

But i do believe once nyquist is up we will have 3 solid scoring lines even if franzen is traded for a dman. *fingers crossed*