• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Lines Thread

Rate this topic

I knew id catch some gruff for ending that way, dont get me wrong im not a fan of franzen at all but by years end he shud have atleast 40 points.

But i do believe once nyquist is up we will have 3 solid scoring lines even if franzen is traded for a dman. *fingers crossed*

Yeah. Knowing he's capable of more than that just makes it almost unbearable to watch him. I sure hope you're right about that last part!

I agree that we need help on defense. Sure, I'd like to see this team grow, but that will take years. In the meantime, we can bolster them with a UFA or a trade. I don't know who or how. But we definitely need more "real" depth on D. Sort of like how we're "deep" at forward, but only in 4th line forwards.

I agree that we need help on defense. Sure, I'd like to see this team grow, but that will take years. In the meantime, we can bolster them with a UFA or a trade. I don't know who or how. But we definitely need more "real" depth on D. Sort of like how we're "deep" at forward, but only in 4th line forwards.

Knowing Holland, he's waiting for this summer's UFA class. Which is great, but, if that's the case, he should've told Alfie to go to Boston.

We need a big, top four, right handed shooting defenceman. Hell two of them would put us around top contender status once our forward situation gets sorted out.

Both Nashville and Winnipeg seem to have a plethora of them. Neither are in the same conference, both are struggling overall and very budget conscious.

I want Byfuglien...

Guest mjtm77

"@AnsarKhanMLive: More line shuffling in practice. Helm and Tatar skating with top six. Cleary skating with bottom six."

Helm a second line center? Gulp....

"@AnsarKhanMLive: More line shuffling in practice. Helm and Tatar skating with top six. Cleary skating with bottom six."

That's awesome! Helm got a couple quality chances last game. He and Tatar have speed to burn and I think that if they actually play together, they each score a goal and we have a productive 2nd line for the first time this year.

As of right now I definitely trust Helm and Tatar in the top six, compared to Cleary and Weiss.

Here's another twitter update

Detroit Red Wings @DetroitRedWings 42m

Cleary, Abby, and Eaves look like line three right now, while fourth line is Miller, Andersson, and Jordin Tootoo #RedWings

Weiss is day to day apparently, and Toots is circulating in. No sign of Sammy thank Jebus

Helm has hands of stone. He's not going to be up in the top six for very long. I love Helm almost as much as Datsyuk but we have to remain realistic. There was a brief era of time a few years ago where it looked like Helm might become a real top six guy if he could get his scoring touch together, but he didn't. We have to get out of this mentality that bottom sixers need to somehow elevate themselves. It's probably why Holland though signing a hodgepodge of chaff would work out.

Helm is the best third line center in the league. I'm good with that. Keep Weiss up on the second and let Tatar and Alfredsson tear the ice up.

Edit: But with Weiss and Franzen injured, I guess we don't have a choice, haha. At any rate the second line won't be a defensive disaster, and they'll have speed.

Its pretty interesting watching a team of players who's majority is still learning how to play rather than Wings of the past where the entire team already knew how to play. It makes Holland, Babcock, and everyone else involved look much more accomplished when you focus on the small victories rather than judging a team by win and losses. Of course they're keeping the veterans around because they know how to play. Part of the reason why they still continue to be an above average team. In other cultures the "elders" are viewed upon with the utmost respect. Here in America we're quick to throw away old for new with large expectation. The Red Wings have a culture of their own. Most everyone who leaves the organization has found a level of success, and if not yet they are set up for it and on the right path. History speaks for itself. So many forwards for a reason. Proper development now, success later with due diligence.

This is exactly our problem up front, not enough decent middle six players - suddenly Hudler, Filpulla, Sammy 1.0 and non-broken-down-Cleary don't seem so bad. Just like only now are people realising what we've lost in Stuart and Rafalski.

Guest DeGraa55

Guess it was just for practice (kind of expected)..

"@AnsarKhanMLive: Babcock said he needs a second line center for tomorrow. No way will Helm play there he said."

Babs may have no choice but to split up pav and z.. Also, xo & glendog recalled from GR

Anderson can do it in the short term IMO. He is better than helm anyway.

Tatar Anderson and nyquist I said should be our third.....buy the way things are going maybe that should be our second lol

Edited by DeGraa55

Anderson can do it in the short term IMO. He is better than helm anyway.

Tatar Anderson and nyquist I said should be our third.....buy the way things are going maybe that should be our second lol

Honestly, this is how I feel. It's not an ideal situation, but at least Andersson's shown chemistry with Tatar in the past. It might not be pretty, but it's what they've got right now.

Looks like Cleary is a healthy scratch tomorrow night:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Franzen-Helm-Alfredsson

Tatar-Andersson-Samuelsson

Miller-Glendening-Abdelkader

Appears to be the line-up for tomorrow night.

I wonder if he's got some "injury." There seems to be a lot of those going around on the Wings lately. :P