• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Lines Thread

Rate this topic

EVERYONE knows that Andersson plays like s*** when paired with slow wingers. What does babs do? Puts Cleary and Sammy on the wings. I fully expect that line to go -5 next game and single handedly lose the game.

I'm 3,967 miles away from Detroit, and even I can see that Andersson needs speedy wingers to perform.

That third line...GOOD LORD

And to think that Quincey will most likely be on the ice when they are as well. Recipe for disaster for this team.

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 1h

Barring a dramatic change, I see no chance #CBJ even attempt to re-sign Marian Gaborik, will look to move him at trade deadline or sooner.

This is great news if we need a scorer, but worries me at the same because Tatar or Nyquist will be the starting pieces.

Edited by darkmanx

Now that Tootoo and Eaves are gone, I would like to see the following line up:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi

Franzen - Weiss - Alfredsson

Nyquist - Andersson - Tatar

Miller - Helm - Abdelkader

ex.Samuelsson, Cleary

Kronwall - Ericsson

Kind - DeKeyser

Smith - Quincey

ex.Lashoff

Ultimately I would like Almquist and XO to take the spots from Smith and Quincey but I dont see that happening until next year.

Now that Tootoo and Eaves are gone, I would like to see the following line up:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi

Franzen - Weiss - Alfredsson

Nyquist - Andersson - Tatar

Miller - Helm - Abdelkader

ex.Samuelsson, Cleary

Kronwall - Ericsson

Kind - DeKeyser

Smith - Quincey

ex.Lashoff

Ultimately I would like Almquist and XO to take the spots from Smith and Quincey but I dont see that happening until next year.

Helm is a third-line center. Fits the role much better than Andersson. Can't play Smith and Quincey together. They simply make too any mistakes and need to be paired with someone who can make up for those. Sadly, we only have two defenseman who can do so (Ericsson and DeKeyser), and Ericsson needs to be with Kronwall to make sure he doesn't screw up. Then there's Kindl, whose performance night in and night out is impossible to predict. I would play Smith with DeKeyser and bury Quincey with Kindl on the third pairing. Severely decrease the third pairing's minutes, pray DeKeyser can cover up for at least some of Smith's constant blunders and hope Kronwall returns to form. Bottom line, we have an extremely weak bottom-three defenders, probably one of the worst in hockey with Kindl, Smith and Quincey. Edited by DatsyukToZetterberg

I find it interesting that everyone loves to hate on Smith and Quincey and yet give Kindl a free ride.

Kindl is just as error prone as those two yet plays much easier minutes. (Lots of PP, no PK)

Agreed. It's mostly about who's in the crosshairs. And relative so Smith, Kindl has a lot more experience.

As I said in a GDT, Quincey has screwed up plenty on his own, but some of his gaffes were due in part to Kindl's plays as his partner.

I find it interesting that everyone loves to hate on Smith and Quincey and yet give Kindl a free ride.

Kindl is just as error prone as those two yet plays much easier minutes. (Lots of PP, no PK)

I don't excuse Kindl of his bad mistakes. But if you seriously are comparing this season's Kindl to Quincey it's not even close. I know of 3 occasions Quincey has lost us the game. Quincey doesn't get PP time because we would be in our zone the entire time if that happened, it's already hard enough to get something going.

Quincey has 2 points in 19GP, posting a -10 in that span (the worst on the Wings btw) with 16PIM.

Kindl has made bad plays also, has 6 points in 19GP, posting a -5 in that span with 8PIM.

I don't excuse Kindl of his bad mistakes. But if you seriously are comparing this season's Kindl to Quincey it's not even close. I know of 3 occasions Quincey has lost us the game. Quincey doesn't get PP time because we would be in our zone the entire time if that happened, it's already hard enough to get something going.

Quincey has 2 points in 19GP, posting a -10 in that span (the worst on the Wings btw) with 16PIM.

Kindl has made bad plays also, has 6 points in 19GP, posting a -5 in that span with 8PIM.

I would venture to bet one of those three games you're including is the overtime loss against Tampa. Quincey turns the puck over behind the net, but Kindl was the one who inexplicably followed Quincey behind the net, leaving his man and the front of the net wide open for Purcell to bury the game winner. It took both of them to screw that one up completely.

And you could just as easily argue that Kindl doesn't get PK time because the puck would end up in his own net so much.

They've both been pretty awful. Together they're a nightmare.

And the gap between them isn't nearly as big as you make it sound.

This is great news if we need a scorer, but worries me at the same because Tatar or Nyquist will be the starting pieces.

I think it won't cost that much. I think a 1st, Frk, Almquist (or comparable prospects) and cap dump would get it done at the deadline if the jackets are out of contention. Considering his age and his UFA status he isn't going to return much - see Iginla.

When Alfie and Weiss's groins healthy and the new chemistry of Mule, Helm, Tats I would love these lines

Z, Pav, Bert

Franzen, Helm, Tatar

Sammy/Cleary, Weiss, Alfie

Abby, Andy, Miller

Not loving the net front on the weiss line(would prefer to have a nyquist, weiss, alfie third line) but could be a potent line.

When Alfie and Weiss's groins healthy and the new chemistry of Mule, Helm, Tats I would love these lines

Z, Pav, Bert

Franzen, Helm, Tatar

Abby, Andy, Miller

Not loving the net front on the weiss line(would prefer to have a nyquist, weiss, alfie third line) but could be a potent line.

I think abdelkader would be best served on that line with Weiss and alfy instead of cleary. But yes ultimately it would be nice to have nyquist with those two. I do hope the helm line stays together. We have the ability to have 3 very good lines

Z, Pav, Bert

Franzen, Helm, Tatar

Abby, Andy, Miller

That'd have to be the most expensive 3rd line in the league haha

And to think that Quincey will most likely be on the ice when they are as well. Recipe for disaster for this team.

I would absolutely love to get gaborik if possible. I also don't think it would cost that much considering his decline in play and ufa status coming up. I think he could be a reclamation project gone right for once.

Z-d-b

F-w-g

T-h-a

M-a-c

S

Looks good to me. Don't know what we would give up though. Maybe a first and a second with Sammy going back their way...

I would absolutely love to get gaborik if possible. I also don't think it would cost that much considering his decline in play and ufa status coming up. I think he could be a reclamation project gone right for once.

Z-d-b

F-w-g

T-h-a

M-a-c

S

Looks good to me. Don't know what we would give up though. Maybe a first and a second with Sammy going back their way...

No way anyone takes sammy. It would take probably a 1st and a higher end prospect (Oullette or Jurco)

I see Gaborik clashing with Babs. Don't really have much to base that on, though.

The big thing is his cap hit. Isn't it 7.5 or something ridiculous like that? No way Holland even tries to take that on.

Ya but it would only be for the trade deadline to end of season, then we could re-sign him at 6 per.

No way anyone takes sammy. It would take probably a 1st and a higher end prospect (Oullette or Jurco)

I like to live in a fantasy world where people will trade us very good players for our garbage :)

I would venture to bet one of those three games you're including is the overtime loss against Tampa. Quincey turns the puck over behind the net, but Kindl was the one who inexplicably followed Quincey behind the net, leaving his man and the front of the net wide open for Purcell to bury the game winner. It took both of them to screw that one up completely.

And you could just as easily argue that Kindl doesn't get PK time because the puck would end up in his own net so much.

They've both been pretty awful. Together they're a nightmare.

And the gap between them isn't nearly as big as you make it sound.

It's easier to hate on Quincey; his costly mistakes are more obvious/glaring, and he takes stupid penalties. And he secretly wants to be back with the Avalanche. And we gave up a first-round pick to bring him back into the organization. And he has no offense to his game (struggling epically to hit the net from the point), which would be ok if he were really solid defensively. And he has kind of a weird-looking face.

But, overall, I agree - Kindl hasn't been much better than Quincey this season. It's looking like Kindl might've just been overachieving a bit last season. But, to be fair, he's still relatively young at 26. (Ericsson didn't really come round until he was 28, 29.) Still, Kindl seems to have taken a step back, and it could be argued that Quincey - bad though he's been - has been a bit better than he was last season.