• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Lines Thread

Rate this topic

If it were me, this is what I would go with. No trades or desperation FA signings needed, just in-house roster moves. Also, keep in mind when reading that I'm assuming a full, healthy roster.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi

Alfredsson - Weiss - Franzen

Nyquist - Helm - Tatar

Miller - Andersson - Abdelkader

Ericsson - Kronwall

DeKeyser - Smith

Kindl - Quincey

Howard
Gustavsson

Line 1 has been great all year, no reason to split them up. Line 2 was never really given a chance to work through their struggles and develop chemistry. Line 3 can work hard, forecheck, create offensive chances and score goals. Line 4 is a solid defensive line that is willing to go to the dirty areas and make life tough on the other guy's defense. Defense pairing 1, again, has been pretty good and does not warrant change. On pairing 2, DeKeyser, when he returns, can make up for Smith's defensive follies. Also, Smith had a strong game against Nashville and that will be something he can build on going forward. The third pairing is this lineup's biggest weakness, but I still believe Kindl is better than what he shows and Quincey's play has improved...marginally...lately. Howard is, and should be, the starter. He has earned that much, as hard as I have been on him. Gustavsson, as per usual, backs Howard up and provides spot-start relief.

OK with splitting up Pav and Hank, it simply has to be done at the minute. Ignoring the fact that Cleary is on the top line

Z + Franzen, but short of a forward????????

Man, if only we had a hungry young 22 year old winger who's shown some good chemistry with Franzen the last few games eh?

Unless of course that 2nd line spot is being kept open for a certain Mr G.Nyquist esq.

Cleary being on the top line at practice has been my last "babcock straw"

splitting up Z and D is one thing...as its the only thing we've had going on this season

But rewarding CLEARY..... who has been awful all season and just as bad last game, even talking a double minor in the clutch minutes of the game to solidify the loss

I have no words

Cleary being on the top line at practice has been my last "babcock straw"

splitting up Z and D is one thing...as its the only thing we've had going on this season

But rewarding CLEARY..... who has been awful all season and just as bad last game, even talking a double minor in the clutch minutes of the game to solidify the loss

I have no words

It's easy all you have to do is play awful and you get to ride shotgun with the best player in the world.

@wingsfrontman: Good chance we see Gustav Nyquist in lineup for Wings tomorrow against Carolina.

@AnsarKhanMLive: Babcock and Holland both indicated its possible Nyquist will be recalled for tomorrow's game. They have just 11 healthy forwards.

Could this be real life?

Guest Crymson

I'm really tired of Cleary being given time of day at all. He is !@#$ing worthless in every regard. I understand that Babcock is trying to get him going, but weren't two seasons of futility enough to demonstrate that it won't work? Is is not relevant that he has actually gotten worse with each passing season? How long will this go on?

Babcock's treatment of Tatar and inexplicable attachment to Dan Cleary are the only two things that have really made me unhappy with him in all of his time here. It's really unfortunate that they're coming up at the same time.

That said, if it makes any of you feel better, know that Cleary won't last a period on the first line unless he has his best game since 2011. Babcock's top two lines in practice never stay together if they're performing poorly. Still, it's ridiculous that Cleary continues to have more time than Tatar.

Edited by Crymson

The Prodigal Son...has returned.

Give me

Nyquist - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi

Franzen - Zetterberg - Tatar

Cleary - Helm - Abdelkader

Miller - Andersson - Samuelsson

IR - Alfredsson, Weiss

Edited by robb himself

The Prodigal Son...has returned.

Give me

Nyquist - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi

Franzen - Zetterberg - Tatar

Cleary - Helm - Abdelkader

Miller - Andersson - Samuelsson

IR - Alfredsson, Weiss

Unfortunately if I was a betting man I bet they will look more like

Cleary, Dat, Bert

Franze, Z, Nyquist

Tatar, Helm, Sammy

Miller, Andy, Abby

I don't hate it, but I hope abby and sammy are switched. (Or cleary for that matter)

Dan Cleary has been baby'd on every line playing with every combo of players on this team and he still can't contribute anything to this team. Babcock is a clown. Signing him isn't all that of a disaster. He is insurance with injuries but continuing to play him over others is ridiculous.

Put Franzen up to the first and leave him there I bet he can still score 40 goals even after his abysmal start

When the team is healthy I would like to try out:

Z- Dats- Bert

Franzen- Weiss- Alfie (Lets give it another chance I think it still has potential)

Nyquist-Helm- Tatar (I have been waiting for this 3rd line to be together forever... this really has the potential to be the best 3rd line in the league)

Miller-Anderson-Abby

- That means, bye bye Cleary and bye bye Sammy

- This is the best lineup that the Wings will have this season unless we trade for a veteran dman which I think would really really help solidy the back end.

Maybe we should all come together and start a huge CLEARY SUCKS chant at all home games from now on until he is waived

Edited by wings_fanatic

Hate splitting up Datsyuk and Zetterberg, we have one line that works but by all means lets screw with it until nothing at all works.

In fairness to Babcock, he's had everyone play with everyone else and it doesn't work. If he wants to get another line going, he really doesn't have much of a choice other than splitting up the Euro Twins.

In fairness to Babcock, he's had everyone play with everyone else and it doesn't work. If he wants to get another line going, he really doesn't have much of a choice other than splitting up the Euro Twins.

Babs doesn't realize that this strategy only works short term. He thinks that if a line scores a goal they should stick together but sometimes its just the other team ******* up and not chemistry. Realistically he needs to leave the lines ALONE and let people get comfortable rather than mixing and matching all day. Players should be put where they belong - AKA cleary should be nowhere in the top 6 ever again.

Guest Crymson

Cleary will only b on the top line until weiss/alfie get back next week. So no need to panic.

Then i think we'll see

Z-dats-bert

Franzen-weiss-alfie

Nyq-helm-tatar

Miller-andy- cleary/sammy

Judging by how things go with Babcock, Cleary will be on the top line for less than a period. I cannot fathom why he's even there; it must be clear even to Babcock that Cleary is pretty much done.

Guest Crymson

Brian Campbell. Let's trade for him.

Cap hit far too large for what he's worth.

Or how about Matt Niskanen?

With Scuderi out indefinitely, the Penguins can't spare Niskanen.

Dmitry Kulikov would be an interesting addition.

The Panthers are hot on him. It would take much to obtain him.

Cap hit far too large for what he's worth.

With Scuderi out indefinitely, the Penguins can't spare Niskanen.

The Panthers are hot on him. It would take much to obtain him.

Couldn't we just give them back Sammy and say he's really good?