• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Lines Thread

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

I've got to wonder if anyone finds complaining cathartic.

I didn't say otherwise. I did say that he won't last. And frankly he's only there because of injuries. If Weiss or Alfredsson were able to play, Cleary would very likely be scratched.

That said, it continues to bother me that Cleary gets preference over Tatar. Given how slow and stupid Cleary has become, Tatar is better at literally everything.

Edited by Crymson

As bad as the team has been lately, they have 10 "top 9 guys" when everyone is healthy.

Z-P-Bert

Mule-Weiss-Alf

Tats-Helm-Abby

Now including Nyquist you have to have him up there. Problem is you don't want to break up that third line and I think Abdelkader is critical to that lines success so I don't think putting him on the 4th line works. He is also too good to get 4th line minutes with what he can bring.

As bad as the team has been lately, they have 10 "top 9 guys" when everyone is healthy.

Z-P-Bert

Mule-Weiss-Alf

Tats-Helm-Abby

Now including Nyquist you have to have him up there. Problem is you don't want to break up that third line and I think Abdelkader is critical to that lines success so I don't think putting him on the 4th line works. He is also too good to get 4th line minutes with what he can bring.

So pump Mule onto the First and move Bert down to 4th. Nyquist fills in the second line.

Why not leave pav and z split and go with something like this...

Weiss-pav-alfy

Goose-z-mule

Abby-helm-Tatar

Bert-Andy-miller

That should be a very good offense

I hadn't thought of that... Ideally we want Weiss to get going at 2C but maybe that would work for now. Its balanced for sure.

I hadn't thought of that... Ideally we want Weiss to get going at 2C but maybe that would work for now. Its balanced for sure.

Weiss can even play some center on that line, but really it shouldn't matter as it should be a free flowing dangerous line. Gustav nyquist actually completely changes the dynamic if this team

Why not leave pav and z split and go with something like this...

Weiss-pav-alfy

Goose-z-mule

Abby-helm-Tatar

Bert-Andy-miller

That should be a very good offense

Uknow, i havent thought of this either...come to think of it, its absolutely perfect! Think about it, Weiss needs to get his mojo going, his scoring touch if you will. Now what better way to get a guy producing than with arguably 2 of the best setup men in the league, in NHL history?

Now the second line will FORCE mule to play better just to keep up with Z, and a ROOKIE. Talk about lighting a fire under a guy. I expect that line to roll like weve only seen from ZDB line this season, possibly better.

3rd line, No problem, Abby-helm-tatar is such a solid and classic line combo. Grinder/skater/scorer, potentially modernizing the days of gold Grind Line, with less toughness and slightly more skill.

4th line, Miller-Andy/preferably Glendening-Bert, who will add alot to our 4th line, all the while playing where a player of his age and physical satus should be playing.

The real question is wether or not Babs will let them play together for more than one game and let them build some chemistry. He also must, pull his head out of his ass and remove Cleary from this team.

But all in all, if we can stay healthy that is one damn fine lineup.

Edited by RedWang

Uknow, i havent thought of this either...come to think of it, its absolutely perfect! Think about it, Weiss needs to get his mojo going, his scoring touch if you will. Now what better way to get a guy producing than with arguably 2 of the best setup men in the league, in NHL history?

Now the second line will FORCE mule to play better just to keep up with Z, and a ROOKIE. Talk about lighting a fire under a guy. I expect that line to roll like weve only seen from ZDB line this season, possibly better.

3rd line, No problem, Abby-helm-tatar is such a solid and classic line combo. Grinder/skater/scorer, potentially modernizing the days of gold Grind Line, with less toughness and slightly more skill.

4th line, Miller-Andy/preferably Glendening-Bert, who will add alot to our 4th line, all the while playing where a player of his age and physical satus should be playing.

The real question is wether or not Babs will let them play together for more than one game and let them build some chemistry. He also must, pull his head out of his ass and remove Cleary from this team.

But all in all, if we can stay healthy that is one damn fine lineup.

Yes that is damn good lineup and it should score a lot.

Powerplay I would have pav,z,mule,Weiss,Tatar,nyquist up front whatever combos work and I would have alfy on the point. I would also try smith with kindl on the 2nd unit point

I think we can all agree with Weiss and Alfie back, and Nyquist and Tatar up, we can roll 4 pretty good forward lines, even if it means having Cleary or Sammy playing on the 4th line.

Its the defence that worries me. After Kronner/E/DD there is a HUGE drop-off to the bottom 3. No amount of line juggling can hide that fact.

Guest Crymson

Alfredsson - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi

Zetterberg - Franzen - Nyquist

Weiss - Helm - Tatar

Miller - Andersson - Abdelkader

Kronwall - Ericsson

Kindl - Quincey

Lashoff - Smith

I don't like those defense pairings, but such is life.

If healthy I want Weiss on pavels wing.

Weiss-datsyuk-alfy

Nyq-z-mule

Abby-helm-Tatar

Miller-Andy-Bert

Pp units:

Tatar(net front/popping out in the slot)-dats-z

Alfy- kronner

Mule(same as Tatar)-Weiss-nyquist

Smith(until DD is back/he excels and stays-kindl

Hmm. You could be on to something.

Agreed. I had never thought about Weiss on the wing and who better to play with than Pavel to get your game going?

Ya I think it would be a great spot for him. Playing with arguably the best player in the world, as well he wouldn't have to be so focused on the defensive side of the game so it would really get his offense going

I watch the suggested lines from respectable members of this community and of course I know what lines Babs rolls. It's awkward that about 90% of the suggestions on the forums are far superior to Babs' lines. There's a lot of talented players on this roster, and not a lot of ways to make lines that scream "WTF?", yet Babs delivers time and time again.

I don't know why everyone thinks Tatar is so great, he has a lot to learn. No way Babcocks gives him top 6 minutes. Nyquist on the other hand is Datsyuk-like with his Hard work and commitment to Defense. If he can bring that every night then he deserves to be in the top 6

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Alfredsson

Nyquist-Weisse-Franzen

Abdelkader-Helm-Tatar

Cleary-Andersson-Bertuzzi

I don't know why everyone thinks Tatar is so great, he has a lot to learn. No way Babcocks gives him top 6 minutes. Nyquist on the other hand is Datsyuk-like with his Hard work and commitment to Defense. If he can bring that every night then he deserves to be in the top 6

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Alfredsson

Nyquist-Weisse-Franzen

Abdelkader-Helm-Tatar

Cleary-Andersson-Bertuzzi

Disagree with your assessment of Tatar, but love the lines you put together.