• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Lines Thread

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Drop Cleary and Sammy, add Datsyuk, Bertuzzi Reunite the first line, Helm Franzen Alf, Tatar, Weiss, Nyquist Andersson, Miller, Abdelkader. Swap in Dekeyser for Quincey. 3 lines that can score, and a 4th line that wont get scored on. It's a good dream.

This would mean breaking up Nyquist, Franzen, and Zetterberg. Given the degree of havoc that the three of them have been wreaking upon the opposition, it seems a poor idea.

This would mean breaking up Nyquist, Franzen, and Zetterberg. Given the degree of havoc that the three of them have been wreaking upon the opposition, it seems a poor idea.

I tend to agree. Furthermore, I don't see why they should break up two of the other lines, either... especially Abs-Helm-Alfie.

If anything, I think maybe going with Weiss-Dats-Bert, Miller-Andy-Tatar would be worth a shot, switching players around if need be. I see no reason to break up the two lines that are firing on all cylinders, though.

Sammy and Cleary have the ability to be big role players come playoff time. Cleary will be throwing his body around and Sammy has a history of scoring big playoff goals. They're definitely over paid but I can't see them getting outplayed by other 4th liners.

At this point I'd like to see Weiss traded if it can upgrade our Defense. If not, another great 4th liner for the playoffs. As it stands this lineup I believe has what it takes to go all the way. The whole lineup is filled with players that are known for raising their game in the playoffs

Guest Crymson

Sammy and Cleary have the ability to be big role players come playoff time. Cleary will be throwing his body around and Sammy has a history of scoring big playoff goals. They're definitely over paid but I can't see them getting outplayed by other 4th liners.

Samuelsson's days as a playoff producer are over. They ended three seasons ago. Cleary can hardly skate anymore, let alone grind. They're both of extremely limited use.

At this point I'd like to see Weiss traded if it can upgrade our Defense. If not, another great 4th liner for the playoffs. As it stands this lineup I believe has what it takes to go all the way. The whole lineup is filled with players that are known for raising their game in the playoffs

I'd like to see Weiss begin to perform. A trade is out of the question at the moment; even if Weiss didn't have a no-trade clause, he'd still have horrendous trade value.

Guest DeGraa55

By your logic we should bring hull, yzerman, hasek, and howe back. Because you know they do have a history of doing big things in the playoffs.

Or maybe PEOPLE NEED TO REALIZE PLAYERS HIT AN AGE WHERE THEY DECLINE AND EVENTUALLY BECOME USELESS!!!

Samuelsson's days as a playoff producer are over. They ended three seasons ago. Cleary can hardly skate anymore, let alone grind. They're both of extremely limited use.

I'd like to see Weiss begin to perform. A trade is out of the question at the moment; even if Weiss didn't have a no-trade clause, he'd still have horrendous trade value.

Cleary will bring it in the playoffs like he always does. He went from being pretty much useless last regular season to being one of our most effective forwards in the playoffs. Playing less minutes will help with his diminishing skill level but the heart and drive is always there. Like a Dallas Drake.

Sammy is a very good 4th liner with lots of playoff experience. Expensive yes but he's not blocking a better player from playing. He has a snarl, big body and can bury his opportunities.

I feel bad for Weiss but with Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Helm and even Andersson looking better than him he has no place on this team. Datsyuk and zetterberg should be split. Getting him off the books and freeing up that salary and the burden of having him for 4 more years will do wonders in the offseason. If we can get a rental D man while doing that even better.

By your logic we should bring hull, yzerman, hasek, and howe back. Because you know they do have a history of doing big things in the playoffs.

Or maybe PEOPLE NEED TO REALIZE PLAYERS HIT AN AGE WHERE THEY DECLINE AND EVENTUALLY BECOME USELESS!!!

These are 4th line players they don't make or break a team. This is a good 4th line no matter how you feel about them personally. They're good guys to have on your team in the playoffs too. They know what it takes. I personally feel very comfortable sending out that 4th line compared to what we had last years playoffs

I tend to agree. Furthermore, I don't see why they should break up two of the other lines, either... especially Abs-Helm-Alfie.

If anything, I think maybe going with Weiss-Dats-Bert, Miller-Andy-Tatar would be worth a shot, switching players around if need be. I see no reason to break up the two lines that are firing on all cylinders, though.

I like this.

Franzen - Zetterberg - Nyquist

Weiss - Dats - Bert

Abby - Helm - Alfredsson

Miller - Andersson - Tatar

Dekeyser in for Quincey when he is healthy

That is a solid 4 lines that all can score and play D.

The Last few games have proved that we do not need D and Z together for us to score. Splitting them up makes the other lines better and they can always be put back together if we need a little offensive boost.

I like this.

Franzen - Zetterberg - Nyquist

Weiss - Dats - Bert

Abby - Helm - Alfredsson

Miller - Andersson - Tatar

Dekeyser in for Quincey when he is healthy

That is a solid 4 lines that all can score and play D.

The Last few games have proved that we do not need D and Z together for us to score. Splitting them up makes the other lines better and they can always be put back together if we need a little offensive boost.

That's what I'd like to see. I'd like the 2nd PP unit re worked though. Smith deserves PP time.

My only concern is Bert's durability. He looks great for stretches but I feel his body starts to get worn down after playing so many minutes every night and he isn't as effective

He actually has a nmc but that's beside the point. Weiss will be just fine you can count on that. He has way too much skill to go on like this for too long. He will start playing very well soon enough and everyone can eat crow then. I liked the Weiss signing when it happened and still do, if we traded every player away that underperformed at first then Zetterberg would have been gone in 2011-2012 and countless others.

Franzen Weiss Nyquist

Abdelkader Helm Alfredsson

Miller Andersson Tatar

Cleary Emmerton Samuelsson

Kronwall Ericsson

Quincey Smith

Kindl Lashoff

That...is really ugly.

On paper it looks pretty bad, but the past week or so during all these wins it has been this exact line-up, with the exception of Weiss in Z's spot and Emmerton in Weiss's spot. It's not like Zetterberg has been carrying this team in Datsyuk's absence either. Since the winning streak, Z has three points on 18 goals. I also think the fourth line is stronger with Emmerton between Cleary and Sammy instead of Weiss. Emdog is better suited for the role, and all of LGW is dying for Weiss to have another shot at the top 6. Now is as good an opportunity as he could possibly ask for.

Don't get me wrong, it sucks that we're down Zetterberg now, on top of Datsyuk, Bertuzzi, and Dekeyser, but the team (TEAM not individual players) has been playing really well lately, and I guess if I had to have all of those guys missing from the lineup at some point this season, it would be now, when the rest of the guys are killing it.

Guest DeGraa55

Franzen Weiss Nyquist

Miller Andersson Tatar

Kronwall Ericsson

Quincey Smith

Kindl Lashoff

That...is really ugly.

I agree.

Weiss is horribly misused on this team. I'm surprised he hasn't requested a trade. He got a few games in the preseason and a few at the beginning of the regular season to form chemistry with Franzen and Alfredsson. I've never seen a guy have to drag as many worthless plugs around with him as he does. Sidney Crosby couldn't get Weiss' usual linemates on the scoresheet.

Franzen Weiss Nyquist

Miller Andersson Tatar

Kronwall Ericsson

Quincey Smith

Kindl Lashoff

That...is really ugly.

However, if Weiss can get on a roll here and his line produces regularly over the next couple games it allows babcock to run with these lines when everyone is healthy

.... not quite as ugly anymore, actually could be very entertaining to watch.

Zetterberg, Datysuk, Bertuzzi

Franzen Weiss Nyquist

Miller Andersson Tatar

nyquist franzen tatar

abdelkader sheahan alfredsson

miller weiss bertuzzi

cleary andersson samuelsson

i know it wont happen but id personally like to see the wings send down emmerton and bring up sheahan for tomorrows game and give him a game on the 2nd line see how it goes with his big frame up there ( we gotta start seeing whos got a future here next year)

Guest DeGraa55

If ever healthy - leave franzen at C - he is running show with the kids on his wings.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Alfie

Tatar - Franzen - Nyqust

Abby - Helm - Weiss

Miller - Andersson - Bert (PP net front)

Sammy, Cleary

Ya I agree Tatar and nyquist doing all the work while he floats is a good combination as long as he floats to the right spot...