• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Lines Thread

Rate this topic

If it were my choice. If i got to pick 14 forwards.

Z dats mule

Nyquist weiss alfie

Tatar helm abby

Jurco andy sheahan

Glendening eaves (only if he plays like he did last night) otherwise miller.

That bottom 6 listed above, is the easily one of the best in the league. Skill speed size and DEPTH.

Sammy cleary bert miller are all slow and easily replacable by one of those listed above. We need speed and size to succeed. These guys bring no speed and the kids play bigger.

Those are the exact forwards I would keep as well, but I mean I think that's pretty obvious to everyone on this board. Lines wise for me I like the twins apart unless Weiss is back to being the Stephen Weiss that we thought we would get.

Together:

Z-datsyuk- mule

Nyquist-Weiss-alfy

Tatar- helm- Abby

Jurco- sheahan- Andy

Eaves, glendening

Apart:

Tatar- datsyuk- alfy

Mule- Z- nyquist

Weiss- helm- Abby

Jurco- sheahan- Andy

Does anyone know exactly what we can do when the roster limit is lifted?? Because having guys like sheahan and jurco up when healthy could make a world of diference

Those are the exact forwards I would keep as well, but I mean I think that's pretty obvious to everyone on this board. Lines wise for me I like the twins apart unless Weiss is back to being the Stephen Weiss that we thought we would get.

Together:

Z-datsyuk- mule

Nyquist-Weiss-alfy

Tatar- helm- Abby

Jurco- sheahan- Andy

Eaves, glendening

Apart:

Tatar- datsyuk- alfy

Mule- Z- nyquist

Weiss- helm- Abby

Jurco- sheahan- Andy

Does anyone know exactly what we can do when the roster limit is lifted?? Because having guys like sheahan and jurco up when healthy could make a world of diference

Based on their cap situation, not much. The 23 man roster limit is waived as on 12:01 am on trade deadline day but the salary cap is still in effect. If everyone's healthy, there's really not going to be cap room for the Jurco's & Sheahan's to remain with the big club. If the Wings get to the playoffs though, the salary cap is no longer enforced. I think that's where we might see some of the Griffs maybe get a look over a Cleary or Bert....I hope.

I started typing out some lines and I keep forgetting guys because we've got two million forwards and the only ones we can get off the roster are the ones who are playing well, so I erased it. Screw this roster anyway.

I started typing out some lines and I keep forgetting guys because we've got two million forwards and the only ones we can get off the roster are the ones who are playing well, so I erased it. Screw this roster anyway.

Ha. We were having problems with that last night.

Its amazing how many forwards we have that should be in the lineup.

Even more amazing that we haven't dumped any for picks or bundles them for a cheaper body.

Granted kh probably has tried.

CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER

CapGeek Armchair GM Roster

FORWARDS

Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($3.500m)

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Riley Sheahan ($0.785m) / Tomas Jurco ($0.709m)

Gustav Nyquist ($0.950m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Tomas Tatar ($0.630m)

Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Luke Glendening ($0.575m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Danny Cleary ($1.750m) /

Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Brendan Smith ($1.263m) / Danny DeKeyser ($0.925m)

Brian Lashoff ($0.725m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.775m)

Jakub Kindl ($2.400m)

GOALTENDERS

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)

BUYOUTS

Carlo Colaiacovo ($0.000m)

BURIED

Mikael Samuelsson ($2.900m)

Drew Miller ($0.425m)

Jordin Tootoo ($0.975m)

LTIR

Stephen Weiss ($4.900m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(estimations for 2013-14 crunched using simulation date of 2014-01-23)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; BONUSES: $2,965,833

CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $3,302,667

Granted when Weiss is ready well have to make room...

But Hopefully before then we make a move to clear enough space.

And all the buried contracts are worse case scenarios, like waiving people and them going unclaimed.

The play by most of the Griffins call ups is going to make things very interesting once we get the majority of our players back. If I had to guess, I would say that both Sheahan and Jurco will go back down. What I can't figure out is how you take Glendening out of the lineup (even for say Andersson).

After watching the past few games both he (Glendening) and Lashoff have stood out to me. Not because they create great chances or play smart defensive hockey, but because both can be a bit nasty. I think that element more than say a crushing hitter or some big time fighter is what we've been missing most.

Both of the those guys do play solid hockey, but they also get under people's skin. Glendening was all over Kane during the Chicago game and was at someone else earlier in the week. And Lashoff, although he may not crush people, can be down right nasty in front of his own net (see the Hossa exchange during the last game). These two guys make us harder to play against, maybe not physically so much but definitely mentally for the other team. I think the wings expected this out of Tootoo, but just got a guy who runs around, tries to put people through the boards and fights occasionally. I think the fact the two guys above are just on top of the other team from the get go pisses them off, especially if they're giving someone a hidden slash or crosscheck.

Plus Glendening gives us something we currently don't have, a right-handed centerman.

The play by most of the Griffins call ups is going to make things very interesting once we get the majority of our players back. If I had to guess, I would say that both Sheahan and Jurco will go back down. What I can't figure out is how you take Glendening out of the lineup (even for say Andersson).

After watching the past few games both he (Glendening) and Lashoff have stood out to me. Not because they create great chances or play smart defensive hockey, but because both can be a bit nasty. I think that element more than say a crushing hitter or some big time fighter is what we've been missing most.

Both of the those guys do play solid hockey, but they also get under people's skin. Glendening was all over Kane during the Chicago game and was at someone else earlier in the week. And Lashoff, although he may not crush people, can be down right nasty in front of his own net (see the Hossa exchange during the last game). These two guys make us harder to play against, maybe not physically so much but definitely mentally for the other team. I think the wings expected this out of Tootoo, but just got a guy who runs around, tries to put people through the boards and fights occasionally. I think the fact the two guys above are just on top of the other team from the get go pisses them off, especially if they're giving someone a hidden slash or crosscheck.

Plus Glendening gives us something we currently don't have, a right-handed centerman.

With the way Glendening is playing I don't know how they send him down. He may not put up points but he is a great 4th line C and good on the PK.

I'd go something like this...

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abelkader

Franzen-Weiss-Alfie

Nyquist-Helm-Tatar

Miller-Glendening-Eaves

Assuming Weiss plays better coming out of the break.

Best third line in the league. Plus it allows us to put the Euro Twins back together.

Leaves Andy without a spot but maybe he could pass through waivers.

Said it before I'll say it again, I love Brian Lashoff. Despite never scoring, and being on the ice with linemates who never score, he's still a respectable -2...ya know...because he actually plays defense. A far cry from the defensive ubermensch that are Kindl and Smith.

Andersson seems very expendable at this point. He's solid defensively and good on the PK, but is slow and needs speedy wingers to succeed (see Nyquist and Brunner). I think both Sheahan and Glendening bring more to the team already. There's just too many forwards and not enough cap space if the Red Wings ever get healthy to keep the best players around.

Z - Pav - Abby

Franzen - Weiss - Nyquist

Tatar - Helm - Alfredsson

Miller - Sheahan/Glendening - Eaves

That would be my ideal forward group. It's just a shame because the dead weight (Sammy, Cleary and Bertuzzi) is preventing any roster flexibility.

Andersson seems very expendable at this point. He's solid defensively and good on the PK, but is slow and needs speedy wingers to succeed (see Nyquist and Brunner). I think both Sheahan and Glendening bring more to the team already. There's just too many forwards and not enough cap space if the Red Wings ever get healthy to keep the best players around.

Z - Pav - Abby

Franzen - Weiss - Nyquist

Tatar - Helm - Alfredsson

Miller - Sheahan/Glendening - Eaves

That would be my ideal forward group. It's just a shame because the dead weight (Sammy, Cleary and Bertuzzi) is preventing any roster flexibility.

Agreed. Andersson has been surpassed by these guys. Glendening grinds and is a pest. Sheahan is playing outstanding and is producing while making people around him better. Also a bigger body and faster skaters.

Agreed. Andersson has been surpassed by these guys. Glendening grinds and is a pest. Sheahan is playing outstanding and is producing while making people around him better. Also a bigger body and faster skaters.

Yes, but both these guys are waiver exempt. Andersson isn’t.

Per khan: Franzen could be ready. At practice hes on a line with darren helm and alfie....in place of...wait for it........Dan Cleary.

Could it beeee?!?

Nyquist z abby

Franzen helm alfie

Jurco sheahan tatar

Eaves glend miller

Dat lineup. Dem feels.

LOOKOUT PANTHERS.

Per khan: Franzen could be ready. At practice hes on a line with darren helm and alfie....in place of...wait for it........Dan Cleary.

Could it beeee?!?

Nyquist z abby

Franzen helm alfie

Jurco sheahan tatar

Eaves glend miller

Dat lineup. Dem feels.

LOOKOUT PANTHERS.

A healthy scratch of bertuzzi and cleary with this many injuries and kids still playing is something i never thought id see out of babcock

Im ecstatic!

Could it beeee?!?

Nyquist z abby

Franzen helm alfie

Jurco sheahan tatar

Eaves glend miller

Dat lineup. Dem feels.

LOOKOUT PANTHERS.

Those lines are terrific. Add Pavel eventually (hopefully soon) and that would be a deep and talented forward group. I don't want Andersson back at this point. I'm genuinely excited about this team seeing the potential of that lineup.

Edited by GoWings1905

Andersson might come back and get into the lineup, but once the rosters expand after the trade deadline he's toast. Sheahan and Glendening are both better, faster, and provide more. He's slow and wins faceoffs, Glendening is fast and wins faceoffs. Sheahan brings some physical game and scoring pop. Holland has really f***ed up the roster management this year, but so long as were in the hunt past the trade deadline the best line-up will be on the ice. Till then, well....

Could it beeee?!?

Nyquist z abby

Franzen helm alfie

Jurco sheahan tatar

Eaves glend miller

Dat lineup. Dem feels.

LOOKOUT PANTHERS.

Please babs.

My hopes are up.

Don't hurt me, please ice this line up.

Could it beeee?!?

Nyquist z abby

Franzen helm alfie

Jurco sheahan tatar

Eaves glend miller

Dat lineup. Dem feels.

LOOKOUT PANTHERS.

I would freak out if we ice that lineup tomorrow.

Andersson might come back and get into the lineup, but once the rosters expand after the trade deadline he's toast. Sheahan and Glendening are both better, faster, and provide more. He's slow and wins faceoffs, Glendening is fast and wins faceoffs. Sheahan brings some physical game and scoring pop. Holland has really f***ed up the roster management this year, but so long as were in the hunt past the trade deadline the best line-up will be on the ice. Till then, well....

I dunno man. Andersson scores a lot more than Glendening and that's kind of important to Detroit right now.

I'm a massive fan of Glendening, don't get me wrong, but prior to his injury Andersson's line was probably the most consistent line we had for a while. They were able to sustain offensive pressure for extended periods as well as remain defensively reliable. As much as a I love Luke Glendening, I think our scoring troubles are going to dictate that Andersson has preference over him when the decision needs to be made. Same for Sheahan, love him too -- but Andersson is IMO higher on our depth chart right now.

Glendening is our agitator,and a damn good one. Good defensively and really makes our team harder to play against. As compared to andy who is softer than cottonelle. Sheahan i just think is better than andy in every facet of the game. Id say sheahans higher on the deprh chart than andy after his first 11 games. But in babs eyes its andy glendening then sheahan.

Edited by RedWang

I dunno man. Andersson scores a lot more than Glendening and that's kind of important to Detroit right now.

I'm a massive fan of Glendening, don't get me wrong, but prior to his injury Andersson's line was probably the most consistent line we had for a while. They were able to sustain offensive pressure for extended periods as well as remain defensively reliable. As much as a I love Luke Glendening, I think our scoring troubles are going to dictate that Andersson has preference over him when the decision needs to be made. Same for Sheahan, love him too -- but Andersson is IMO higher on our depth chart right now.

I agree. It's still Andersson's spot to lose and IMO Sheahan is closest to taking it. Babs seems to have a man crush on Glendening though so I'm sure the more effective player will get shafted once again