Tatar-Sheahan-Alfredsson Jurco

Miller-Helm-Cleary Abdelkader

Glendening/Andersson

Kronwall-Ericsson

DeKeyser-Quincey

Smith-Kindl/Lashoff/Marchenko

Pretty, eh.

There, I fixed it for you :tounge:

Under no circumstances should Abby be in the top 6. He has proven he isn't capable of playing that role and has what, 40 points in the last 120 games while playing with two of the best players in the league. I can't even count how many breakaways or open nets he misses, and gets goals because the puck bounces off him. Jurco should be in that role over Abby, has way more skill and plays bigger then Abby most of the time.

Sadly, I see Ferraro as a career AHLer, a dime a dozen type player that can and probably already has essentially been replaced but one of the many signings this offseason. Callahan, on the other hand, is a heart and soul guy, the type of player that puts it all on the line every night, that will stick up for and go through hell for his teammates. I think he will be one of those great bottom six guys that every team needs, that will kill penalties, play sound defensive hockey and chip in a few points. He reminds me a lot of a Kirk Maltby, Steve Ott or Dan Carcillo without the dirtbag, f*ck monkey attitude...

Sadly, I see Ferraro as a career AHLer, a dime a dozen type player that can and probably already has essentially been replaced but one of the many signings this offseason. Callahan, on the other hand, is a heart and soul guy, the type of player that puts it all on the line every night, that will stick up for and go through hell for his teammates. I think he will be one of those great bottom six guys that every team needs, that will kill penalties, play sound defensive hockey and chip in a few points. He reminds me a lot of a Kirk Maltby, Steve Ott or Dan Carcillo without the dirtbag, f*ck monkey attitude...

This. Callahan is the kind of fourth liner you win cups with. Unfortunately we have a lot of third liners so he'll get pushed out of the lineup.

if Callahan is that type of player and turns out to be even better, then he will have a hard time clearing waivers. He will be snatched up, probably by Nill or Yzerman, and we will lose him for the sake of Cleary. This is why I hate Holland and why I commented in the 4 year extension thread my dislike for the extension.

if Callahan is that type of player and turns out to be even better, then he will have a hard time clearing waivers. He will be snatched up, probably by Nill or Yzerman, and we will lose him for the sake of Cleary. This is why I hate Holland and why I commented in the 4 year extension thread my dislike for the extension.

Why don't you wait till that actually happens b4 u jump to conclusions and down Hollands throat. If we lose Callahan to waivers I will be mighty upset as well, but for all we know at this point he makes the team and Cleary doesn't.

Guest DeGraa55

Really upset of Ferraro and Callahan? I agree they should get a shot but we have like 37 4th line players as it is.

People should be more upset about certain guys being buried in the miners that's should be in nhl. Tatar and nyquist last two years now jurco this year. Next year will be mantha.

Edited by DeGraa55

Really upset of Ferraro and Callahan? I agree they should get a shot but we have like 37 4th line players as it is.

People should be more upset about certain guys being buried in the miners that's should be in nhl. Tatar and nyquist last two years now jurco this year. Next year will be mantha.

Well, at the end of next year, Alfie will retire, and hopefully Cleary will do the same or be let go. So that's 2 spots right there. A 3rd could crop up depending on whether management views Andersson expendable. Which i believe to be true.

Guest DeGraa55

Well, at the end of next year, Alfie will retire, and hopefully Cleary will do the same or be let go. So that's 2 spots right there. A 3rd could crop up depending on whether management views Andersson expendable. Which i believe to be true.

I'm tryig not to think about next off season. All our "core" is signed so there will be very little of anything going on. Nyquist will be only one of significance that needs to be signed I do believe?

Guest DeGraa55

Jurco is also an RFA.

I wasn't exactly being specific you guys get the idea...it'll be resigning of a couple or several guys with little to no action in free agency or trades.

Here's an "interesting" take on projected lines as part of the nhl.com 30-in-30:

Henrik Zetterberg - Pavel Datsyuk - Gustav Nyquist

Tomas Tatar - Steven Weiss - Johan Franzen

Justin Abdlekader - Darren Helm - Tomas Jurco

Riley Sheahan - Joakim Andersson - Drew Miller

Luke Glendenning - Daniel Cleary

Niklas Kronwall - Jonathan Ericsson

Brendan Smith - Dan DeKeyser

Kyle Quicey - Jakub Kindl

Brian Lashoff

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=728538&navid=DL|NHL|home

Edited by rick zombo

Hoping for...

Z- pav- alfy

Mule- Weiss- nyquist

Jurco- sheahan- Tatar

Miller- helm- Abby

Glendening, Callahan

Kronwall- smith

Dekeyser- Quincey

Big E- marchenko/sproul/oullete

Pp units:

Z- pav- sheahan

Alfy- kronwall

Mule- Weiss- nyquist

Tatar- smith

Nyquist with the Euro Twins pretty much goes against Babs typical thinking when constructing a line. I'm not entirely opposed to Nyquist playing there (my first choice is Jurco), but if history is any indication, that spot is going to Abby.

I don't really like Tatar away from Sheahan and/or Helm either. I think Tatar largely thrived offensively last season because he wasn't typically drawing opponents top forwards and d-men. Sheltering Tatar on the third line worked because most other teams couldn't match up with what the Wings could throw out in Tatar, Sheahan and Jurco together.