• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Lines Thread

Rate this topic

am i the only one that wants to see mule and tatar on the same line. last season when they played together they went beast mode.

Yeah, but so did Mule and Nyquist. Franzen-Legwand-Nyquist was the best line we had all year. So I don't see any reason to not try and replicate it with Weiss. The second best line was the kids, and barring a return by Alfie we'll have Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco back together too. We'll essentially be adding a Zetterberg-Datsyuk-? line to the two best lines from a year ago.

Yeah, but so did Mule and Nyquist. Franzen-Legwand-Nyquist was the best line we had all year. So I don't see any reason to not try and replicate it with Weiss. The second best line was the kids, and barring a return by Alfie we'll have Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco back together too. We'll essentially be adding a Zetterberg-Datsyuk-? line to the two best lines from a year ago.

This. Not to mention, I thought Sheahan and Tatar had some real chemistry. Sheahan's ability to find Tatar around the net impressed me quite a few times last season - lot of back and forth, and cross-crease stuff between them.

This. Not to mention, I thought Sheahan and Tatar had some real chemistry. Sheahan's ability to find Tatar around the net impressed me quite a few times last season - lot of back and forth, and cross-crease stuff between them.

Totally agree. I'd just add Dats, Z, and Helm to the lineup we've already got and not mess up the chemistry the other lines formed. I'd actually rather have that happen and leave the kid line intact than have Alfie come back, forcing Helm into the bottom six and Jurco out of the lineup. But that's just me.

i guess im just hesitant towards weiss and mule on the same line because mule weiss and alfie were terrible together last season. but i do think weiss will turn out to be a good investment so hopefully hes really good for us when hes finally healthy

i guess im just hesitant towards weiss and mule on the same line because mule weiss and alfie were terrible together last season. but i do think weiss will turn out to be a good investment so hopefully hes really good for us when hes finally healthy

Mule Weiss and Alfredsson never had a chance to develop any chemistry. Weiss was hurting from the get go, and the line was barely together in the preseason because one of them missed just about every game.

Mule Weiss and Alfredsson never had a chance to develop any chemistry. Weiss was hurting from the get go, and the line was barely together in the preseason because one of them missed just about every game.

i agree that the line was doomed since weiss was playing injured. but i also dont like that line because they are all too similar of players, all old, not fast, not physical/aggressive. id want to put someone with a spark in there like tatar or helm. or maybe even a star player like gus, z or d because then that line would for sure produce. i guess ill settle for mule weiss gus.

i agree that the line was doomed since weiss was playing injured. but i also dont like that line because they are all too similar of players, all old, not fast, not physical/aggressive. id want to put someone with a spark in there like tatar or helm. or maybe even a star player like gus, z or d because then that line would for sure produce. i guess ill settle for mule weiss gus.

Weiss is 31. That's really not very old. He's also nothing like Franzen as player. I think Mule Weiss and Gus is probably what we'll see

Guest DeGraa55

Weiss is 31. That's really not very old. He's also nothing like Franzen as player. I think Mule Weiss and Gus is probably what we'll see

Ya saying Weiss is like Franzen is insulting. Don't get me wrong I'm on the Weiss is injury prone band wagon. BUT I feel he has a better chance to turn that around then many and I believe he played somewhat physical when healthy?

So far after one year I'd say Weiss has been a bust but it's a five year deal not one so let's see how it plays out.

i was going to say besides mule! i swear. hes a streaky floater with a great shot. what i was trying to say is where is the grit guy? or the young spark plug kid, or the star, who is going to step up. which means if ur going to put mule and weiss together id want tatar, gus, dats, z, jurco, helm with them. please no more mule weiss aflie experiment

Weiss has been working with Gary Roberts all summer as well, done wonders for guys like Stamkos, Neal, Benn, etc. Even if it just ups his endurance and can help him stay healthy, it'll be huge. I'm of the opinion the guy is gonna have a huge bounce back.

Weiss has been working with Gary Roberts all summer as well, done wonders for guys like Stamkos, Neal, Benn, etc. Even if it just ups his endurance and can help him stay healthy, it'll be huge. I'm of the opinion the guy is gonna have a huge bounce back.

I would love for that to happen. Unfortunate string of injuries, really is

Where did you hear this?

I just found some sources, but it looks like he's been training with Gary Roberts for the past few years. This link is dated from 2010: http://mobile.thn.com/articles/34950-The-Straight-Edge-Stamkos-and-others-thrive-with-Roberts-regimen.html

Edited by Echolalia

I would love for that to happen. Unfortunate string of injuries, really is

If it was the same injury both years I'd be more worried. Sports hernias can linger for a long time, once they figured out that's what he actually had, it wasn't really surprising that he missed the rest of the season. Everything I've seen says that he's completely healed now and should be good to go. As long as he doesn't try to hide another injury, he should be fine.

That's not even remotely true. He did not play Left Wing for Grand Rapids. At all. Again, he was drafted as a center, and has always played center. I have no idea where you're getting this.

I'm really not trying to be contrary here, but you're just not right on this one. The most recent example I can give you is that a year ago, when the Wings were eliminated, Sheahan centered Jurco and Callahan for GR.

Go to the player page for every team he's ever played for and he's listed as a center. Go to press releases for when he was drafted and they'll say "Detroit selectes center Riley Sheahan".

Aside from one random sports website that nobody has ever heard of or used, nobody has ever listed Sheahan as a left wing.

I have no idea why you're making this your Alamo. Get over it. Sheahan is a center.

Here's an article referencing his position at St. Catherine's...http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2010/04/30/riley-sheahan-arrested

Here's an article discussing him being a center at Notre Dame...http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2010/06/red_wings_pick_riley_sheahan_2.html

Here's one referencing his center position in GR...http://www.cbsnews.com/news/red-wings-prospect-riley-sheahan-found-clad-in-teletubby-costume-faces-dui-charges/

I may have f***ed up on calling him a natural LW, but I know for a fact he's played LW especially in his earlier years before the wings. I concede that he's a natural C, but, unless I'm completely out of my skull, I'm pretty certain he's been played at LW many times before the Wings. I know RedWingsCentral listed him as C/LW until they updated to just C this last year. I'm assuming it's much how we all put Dats at C no matter what, and then you play fantasy hockey and he's listed as LW/C. Poor example but you get my point. Alamo, Wonka, is unnecessary, I think you know I'm a reasonable guy... maybe stupid...

I may have f***ed up on calling him a natural LW, but I know for a fact he's played LW especially in his earlier years before the wings. I concede that he's a natural C, but, unless I'm completely out of my skull, I'm pretty certain he's been played at LW many times before the Wings. I know RedWingsCentral listed him as C/LW until they updated to just C this last year. I'm assuming it's much how we all put Dats at C no matter what, and then you play fantasy hockey and he's listed as LW/C. Poor example but you get my point. Alamo, Wonka, is unnecessary, I think you know I'm a reasonable guy... maybe stupid...

It's all in good fun. You are a reasonable guy, I'm just giving you a hard time lol.

Granted I dont know how legit this is, his Wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riley_Sheahan says in junior B he played Centre and Wing.

Edited by kliq

Granted I dont know how legit this is, his Wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riley_Sheahan says in junior B he played Centre and Wing.

Thanks. Mostly what stuck out in my mind was that when we drafted him I know he was listed as LW/C. I don't know why I gave precedence to the W over the C, but I guess we all make mistakes. He's clearly a C, and the more I think of it and read about it, it seems that way.

Not sure where to put this, so it's going here I guess. Might as well resurrect the lines thread anyway now that we've had 6 games to watch...

Spoke to my buddy in Grand Rapids who tends bar. He was serving Callahan the other night and got to talk hockey with him a bit. When asked about Daniel Cleary all Callahan had to say was that the guy sucks lol (who woulda thought?). However, the more interesting thing Callahan said is that the Wings brass told him that he's going to be a regular for the Wings by December at the latest.

Take that for what it's worth, but if that's true, someone's getting waived or traded, barring injuries. It also makes me think that this is kind of a "last chance thing" for Nestrasil. Callahan's a bottom 6 grinder type, and probably the guy the wings actually want filling that role, not Nestrasil. This could be Nestys shot at proving he can provide some scoring at the top level, and if he can't by Dec, bye bye. However I could be 100% wrong about all that.

Great news. I really think we will eventually get Tyler Myers. If those comments were true about Larkin and Kindl being refused then maybe Buffalo would be interested in Helm + Nestrasil + Kindl. I don't think Myers has the value of the 15th overall pick and Buffalo will realize that so we can make a nice deal.