• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Lines Thread

Rate this topic

That's why Ryan O'Reilly's #1 on my wish list. He'd give us our elite two-way 1C of the future, and in the meantime you could use him as a top-line winger. I'd be willing to pay quite a bit for this guy.

O'Reilly? O'Rly?

How much are you willing to pay? Lets hear your trade offer?

Guest DeGraa55

Because a per game estimate is a far better predictor of what they'll do in a single game than their recent season totals would suggest. You'd be correct if they were playing the emtire season together, but they're not.

I agree after Weiss played one game this season is statistics per game means he will score 164 goals a year.

O MY GOD SO MUCH BETTER!

Guest DeGraa55

don't be whack. He played 2 games so he is only on pace for 82 goals in a 82 game season :lol:

Crap you're right!

If he averaged, over the last 5 years, 2 goals per gamethn yeah I'd say there would be a pretty good shot he'd score 2 goals. Unless you have a better satistical prediction model, in which case I'd love to hear it.

Well I didn't think the Helm, Weiss, Jurco line would score and it did, so I'm just going to shut up. But man do I think that Datsyuk, Weiss, Helm line is doomed to failure. None of those guys averages more than about 130-140 shots a year.

Whatever Babcock throws out for his next new line, for the love of god say its going to be terrible. Your words have magic

At this point if Weiss can keep producing for 4 or 5 more games I think babs has to consider giving him the keys to the second line C spot.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Abby

Nyquist - Weiss - Franzen

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco

Miller - Helm - Glendening

I would consider moving Helm in a deal in the second half of the season for an upgrade at D.

Kronwall - Smith

Ouellet - Dekeyser

Quincey - Ericsson (PK and shut down)

Lashoff

Get rid of Kindl for literally anything or waive him.

I have seen Helms name thrown around a few times now as trade bait, he's always been one of my favorite red wing so seeing him go wouldn't be the best news I've heard... His speed is a big asset especially to a team that thrives off quickness, but you have to move asset to attain one just the way the cookie crumbles. I just see him as a big part of our team late in the season and playoff time, what I consider a good depth player. He's been hurt for a large chunk the past 2 years, which doesn't make up for having stones for hands, except me believing he's capable of providing more given time.

This sequence here shows just why he's so valuable given it was awhile back....http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=HSr1i4AUnYA

So.... Datsyuk on the third line in definitely unorthodox and I can't imagine he'll stay there for long, and the Datsyuk, Helm, Weiss line hasn't always looked cohesive out there, but at the same time, since Babs has been rolling these lines, the Wings have scored 14 goals in three games (all victories), and has had production from all four lines. In fact, the only players to not register at least a point in the past three games are Glendening and Mrazek (yes, Howard has one too). Even if Datsyuk is on the third line, there's no way you split these lines up until guys start cooling off.

So.... Datsyuk on the third line in definitely unorthodox and I can't imagine he'll stay there for long, and the Datsyuk, Helm, Weiss line hasn't always looked cohesive out there, but at the same time, since Babs has been rolling these lines, the Wings have scored 14 goals in three games (all victories), and has had production from all four lines. In fact, the only players to not register at least a point in the past three games are Glendening and Mrazek (yes, Howard has one too). Even if Datsyuk is on the third line, there's no way you split these lines up until guys start cooling off.

Its not like Babs is calling it and using it like a 3rd line. Realistically every line is taking a regular shift and getting good ice time. Also the "3rd line" is one of the power play units and its not magic that the power play has clicked since the same guys have stuck together. I don't think Dats is offended to be playing with those players after playing with cleary and abby for nearly 2 seasons on the "1st line." I agree - these guys have to stay together.

Its not like Babs is calling it and using it like a 3rd line. Realistically every line is taking a regular shift and getting good ice time. Also the "3rd line" is one of the power play units and its not magic that the power play has clicked since the same guys have stuck together. I don't think Dats is offended to be playing with those players after playing with cleary and abby for nearly 2 seasons on the "1st line." I agree - these guys have to stay together.

Definetly don't think pavel will continue to be on this so talked 3rd line but if all 3 lines continued to play well why stop it? Just imagine the 2 other lines continue to play great and we can afford to have pavel in a 3rd line in huge playoffs? That would create a lot of headaches for the opposing teams

The Wings' offense has really come alive this month. I think we scored four or more goals in all of our victories. This win over the Devils is especially cool because of who scored: Sheahan, Ouellet, Abdelkader, Miller. We're getting contributions from everyone now.

We do need increased production from the back end, though. Cody Franson could really help that cause.

Edited by Dabura

Wonder what the defensive pairings will be with Smith back. Ouellette played fantastic last night playing with Kindl. I would love to see Smith-Ouellete pairing allowed to free wheel. Ouellette seems pretty aggressive jumping into the play and going to the net, something Smith has been reluctant to do.

Edited by joesuffP

Wonder what the defensive pairings will be with Smith back. Ouellette played fantastic last night playing with Kindl. I would love to see Smith-Ouellete pairing allowed to free wheel. Ouellette seems pretty aggressive jumping into the play and going to the net, something Smith has been reluctant to do.

Probably has something to do with ‘Hockey IQ”. It appears Ouellet has this in spades. Smith, god love him, while having superior size and skill seems to be a slower between the ears.

In Smith's defense, he was very involved offensively and jumped into the play regularly during his first call up (I think he had 6 points in those first 12 games, or something like that). Once he officially broke the roster we started to see him play a more stay-at-home type game, but more recently, I think Smith has been bringing that aspect of his game back.

Edit: actually I suspect we will see the same course of development in Oulette. His goal last night was the result of him getting a quick feed into the slot, but its not like he sneaked in the back door from the blue line. He was fully engaged in a goal-mouth scramble prior to the goal, then the puck bounced behind the net, and Oulette maintained his position at the crease instead of falling back to the blue line. It worked out in our favor this time, but you can bet Babcock will not want his defensman playing the offensive crease for that amount of time and leaving the blueline unattended like that.

Edited by Echolalia

Wow that's a shocker. I don't see a lot of teams being interested in Kindl unless he's thrown onto a package deal. He's been decent all year but Ouellette seemed like an upgrade at least. This has to be showcasing for a trade or Kindl's last chance before getting waived? I'd rather waive Lashoff. All this work to showcase Kindl and send a deserving player back to the minors for a late pick if we're lucky. We're better off holding on to Kindl and using him as a 7th d man

Just get rid of Lashoff. He's a plug anyways and Ouellet is better than Kindl. Another case of "overripe" when it isn't necessary.

Do we want Ouellet as the 7th defenceman, though? If we waived Lashoff and kept Kindl as #7 that be fine with me except that that would make it even harder to trade him off and that would be his path to a buyout in the summer. He would then mark against the cap for 2 more years.

Definetly don't think pavel will continue to be on this so talked 3rd line but if all 3 lines continued to play well why stop it? Just imagine the 2 other lines continue to play great and we can afford to have pavel in a 3rd line in huge playoffs? That would create a lot of headaches for the opposing teams

One thing I can't really tell is, what are the match ups against these lines? Which line is drawing which opposing D pairing?