• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Lines Thread

Rate this topic

Has anyone else noticed that whatever line Weiss is on is the line that's scoring? He makes whatever line he's on a whole lot better. If we can get those top two lines sorted out and give him the remainder of the season and playoffs on Sheahan's wing I think we'll be potent heading into the playoffs.

... and that Zetterberg's line has been bad...

I don't know what's going on with them, they were firing on all cylinders to start the season, but they're really struggling lately. Zetterberg really hasn't looked like himself, Nyquist has had his moments but overall has been pretty invisible, and Franzen hasn't been doing a whole lot either. As much as I love that line on paper, it may be time to split them up, if they can't soon start producing...

Has anyone else noticed that whatever line Weiss is on is the line that's scoring? He makes whatever line he's on a whole lot better. If we can get those top two lines sorted out and give him the remainder of the season and playoffs on Sheahan's wing I think we'll be potent heading into the playoffs.

Same with Jurco.

I don't know if he's just been hot or if its the way he plays (seeing as how our sample size of the guy is so small), but he always seems to be in the right spot offensively. Its not like the goals or assists he's contributing are awesome shots, or dekeing out a defender, or threading a needle for a tape to tape pass. He's just there. And then all of a sudden the puck is there with him. And then all of a sudden the puck is in the net. Not that I'm complaining. Its awesome to see someone who just may know how to play effectively in the grimey area in front of the net (it seems like all his points have come from within 5 feet of the net), and in the mean time, you can see his confidence is soaring out there. Every game he looks better than the game before. I'm super excited that this signing is finally looking like its working out.

I just hope he plays it smart this time and doesn't push it. If he needs to take tomorrow night off, take the game off and be ready to go the next game, rather than pushing through it and end up out for another couple weeks...

4th line was pretty damn good last night. Seemed like Babs just matched our first with their first if I'm not mistaken though?

I think the problem with our first line is Z has definitely geared down, I think a rest would do him wonders. Franzen is doing the bare minimum out there, seems like all he's good for is 1 or 2 inspired shifts a game. Hopefully a rest is all he needs. Nyquist needs more room, he seems to be getting special attention by most teams

4th line was pretty damn good last night. Seemed like Babs just matched our first with their first if I'm not mistaken though?

I think the problem with our first line is Z has definitely geared down, I think a rest would do him wonders. Franzen is doing the bare minimum out there, seems like all he's good for is 1 or 2 inspired shifts a game. Hopefully a rest is all he needs. Nyquist needs more room, he seems to be getting special attention by most teams

I was thinking the same thing. I haven't heard of any maintenance days for him thi year yet that he had so many of last year. A few of those would be great for him I think.

Per Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today's practice lines:

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Jurco
Tatar-Datsyuk-Helm
Franzen-Sheahan-Weiss
Miller-Glendening-Andersson
Cleary/Abdelkader

Franzen on the third line? The mob goes wild!

Per Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today's practice lines:

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Jurco

Tatar-Datsyuk-Helm

Franzen-Sheahan-Weiss

Miller-Glendening-Andersson

Cleary/Abdelkader

Franzen on the third line? The mob goes wild!

That's an awesome spot for Franzen. Man, I can't remember the last time this team was able to roll 3 for realz scoring lines.

That's an awesome spot for Franzen. Man, I can't remember the last time this team was able to roll 3 for realz scoring lines.

You would think that Sheahan, Weiss, and Franzen would carve up opposing third lines. But we'll see. I'm also curious to see how the new and improved Zetterberg line will look.

I like the new lines a lot and I love the kids getting some top 6 time. All summer I talked up Jurco and said he'd break out this season. Hasn't quite happened yet, but he has looked a lot better recently and it does seem like he's on the verge of some good things. Hopefully playing with Gus and Z helps to spark all three of them.

If these lines work I wonder if Babs throws Abby on the 4th line when he comes back or if he splits everyone up.

Edited by hooon

I like the new lines a lot and I love the kids getting some top 6 time. All summer I talked up Jurco and said he'd break out this season. Hasn't quite happened yet, but he has looked a lot better recently and it does seem like he's on the verge of some good things. Hopefully playing with Gus and Z helps to spark all three of them.

If these lines work I wonder if Babs throws Abby on the 4th line when he comes back or if he splits everyone up.

You gotta think Helm and Jurco would be the vulnerable ones. As good as Abby's been I'd imagine Babs would drop whichever of those two isn't playing well and get Abby back in the top six.

Guest DeGraa55

I'd rather see Abby in helms spot. Out helm on fourth in place of Anderson.

And I'd say they're about as perfect as we can get.

Also I think jurco is one of babcocks favorite guys.

Edited by DeGraa55

It was reported that Weiss was rotating in on the 1st line with goose - Z - Abby. I wounder if he will replace Abby, I can see them dropping Goose to the 3rd line.

Here are the lines and defense pairs they skated with today:

Gustav Nyquist-Henrik Zetterberg-Justin Abdelkader (Stephen Weiss rotating in)

Tomas Tatar-Pavel Datsyuk-Darren Helm

Daniel Cleary-Riley Sheahan-Tomas Jurco

Drew Miller-Luke Glendening-Joakim Andersson (Daniel Cleary rotating in)

On defense:

Niklas Kronwall-Jonathan Ericsson

Kyle Quincey-Danny DeKeyser

Brendan Smith-Xavier Ouellet

Jakub Kindl- Brian Lashoff (appear to be extras)

In goal:

Jimmy Howard (starting Friday vs. Islanders)

Petr Mrazek

I just hope they find away to have Ouellet stay up.

I like the returrn of ZDA and the kid line. I think it's the right call. I might try swapping Abdelkader and Jurco, though. Tatar-Sheahan-Abdelkader was a damn good line for a couple games back in November, and Jurco's a possession monster no matter who he's playing with and against.

"I like to play with him," Datsyuk said. "It's like of my wishes for Christmas. When they put us together it's a good thing."

All I want for Christmas is my zet-ter-berg

In all my years participating in many different sports, I've never seen a guy go down hard in a crumpled heep and cry out, "Ow, my upper body!".

I think Franzen did last night after that cross-check to the back. At least that's what his screams translated to.

"Ow, that space above the pants but below the shoulder pads."