• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Lines Thread

Rate this topic

I love Helm but in no way should he be top six. Just doesn't have the hands to be on a line with Pav and Alfie. Bert is slow but can score. Andersson needs to be much better to keep his spot.

11 points in 44 games, mostly playing on a scoring line. Bertuzzi can't score anymore, and he doesn't play with any kind of physical edge. It looks like he's just playing out his contract. He's just a big, cuddly, tobacco chewing teddy bear,.

I love Helm but in no way should he be top six. Just doesn't have the hands to be on a line with Pav and Alfie. Bert is slow but can score. Andersson needs to be much better to keep his spot.

Look at Abby it works. He may not be sniping goals but the combination of grit and skill is working. Forechecking is a huge part of getting zone time and Helm will be first on the puck 90 percent of the time. Controlling the puck in the offensive zone is datsyuk's game that's when he's most dangerous

Guest Sinden

After the break if everyone is healthy and If I was coach I would try this forward line and see if it works. Note they work in correlation with Andersson being moved or what have you. For me he is too slow and I would rather play Cleary. Also you don't know what "clicks" tell you try.

Zetterberg Datsyuk Abdelkator

Alfredsson Weiss Franzen

Nyquist Sheahan Tatar (this line = clutch)

Miller Helm Eaves

For me this is the strongest forward line up the Redwings could have. A very solid top 9 with potential for the 4th line to be the best 4th line in hockey. The 1st line would be amazing it has shown that before. The second line would be a question mark because of the play of Weiss. Time will tell if he is the second line center the Redwings signed. The 3rd line would be the kid line. I feel this line would be miles better than our current line with Jurco. It could be a huge force in the playoffs and fast! If the team decides to play Cleary I would be fine putting him in taking the place of Eaves or Miller. Depending on the play of helm he could also be moved through the line up.

Who knows what babcock will do( line mingles like crazy) this is what I would do. Any thoughts?

** is there anywhere I can introduce myself? like in water cooler? or does nobody do that?

I definitely agree that Andersson should be dealt in a trade, even if it's just for a mid to late round pic, he is very expendable at this point in my opinion. I also agree that Jurco should be the first to be sent down, he's had his taste of the NHL and I think he could use the rest of the season to work on some things (further ripe) down in Grand Rapids. I also think the lines you put together are very Babcock, and probably very similar to what we'll see right after the break. However, I would personally like something a little different. All the same players but something like this...

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Franzen

Tatar - Datsyuk - Alfredsson

Weiss - Helm - Eaves

Miller - Sheahan - Abdelkader

Glendenning / Cleary

Kronwall - Ericsson

DeKeyser - Smith

Quincey - Lashoff

Kindl

If I had a say these would be my lines for the playoffs.... (No salary cap)

Nyquist- zetterberg- franzen

Weiss- datsyuk- alfy

Tatar-sheahan-jurco

Abby-helm-glendening/eaves/miller/Anderson

That looks good. An alternate option with Z and Dats together might look like this. It all depends on how well Weiss returns. Ideally he can anchor a 2C spot. Matchup nightmares everywhere. Too bad our D is suspect.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Franzen

Nyquist - Weiss - Alfredsson

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco

Abby - Helm - Eaves

Miller/Andersson/Glendening

That looks good. An alternate option with Z and Dats together might look like this. It all depends on how well Weiss returns. Ideally he can anchor a 2C spot. Matchup nightmares everywhere. Too bad our D is suspect.

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco

Abby - Helm - Eaves

Miller/Andersson/Glendening

Ya this is a very good lineup as well. I really thing that Stephen Weiss is this teams X factor. If he plays like we thought he was going to this forward corps would be lethal

I like helm playing wing in the top 6. If he's not going to play center on on the third line then he is under utilized on the 4th line. That 2nd line is pretty iffy. If Weiss is still terrible after returning from injury then that whole lineup is blown. If were not going to be able to match other teams size in the top 6 then we have to blow by them with crazy speed

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Franzen

Helm-Datsyuk-Alfredsson

Jurco-Sheahan-Tatar

Abby-Glendening-Miller

Am I the only one who thinks it might be a good idea to break up the kid line a little bit? Seems like when they are on ice late in games they always give up goals. I feel like we need someone on that line who is more defensively responsible and has more experience playing in the bigs. Maybe take Jurco off that line and throw Abby or Alfie in there.

Nyquist-Legwand-Franzen

Tatar-Sheahan-Abby

Alfie-Andersson-Jurco

Miller-Glendening-Bert

Doesn't look too bad.

Am I the only one who thinks it might be a good idea to break up the kid line a little bit? Seems like when they are on ice late in games they always give up goals. I feel like we need someone on that line who is more defensively responsible and has more experience playing in the bigs. Maybe take Jurco off that line and throw Abby or Alfie in there.

Nyquist-Legwand-Franzen

Tatar-Sheahan-Abby

Alfie-Andersson-Jurco

Miller-Glendening-Bert

Doesn't look too bad.

Well if you noticed it was actually Franzen who gave the puck away twice in OT. The kid line was the only line going for a while last night. Their chemistry is undeniable. I would have preferred to see them start the OT. Tartar had a ridiculous pass picked off trying to make a dump in which caused the goal. Idk though I would like to see what Alfie would do with Franzen and Legwand, and maybe move Nyquist back with Andersson.

Nyquist-Legwand-Franzen

Tatar-Sheahan-Abby

Alfie-Andersson-Jurco

Miller-Glendening-Bert

Doesn't look too bad.

Well if you noticed it was actually Franzen who gave the puck away twice in OT. The kid line was the only line going for a while last night. Their chemistry is undeniable. I would have preferred to see them start the OT. Tartar had a ridiculous pass picked off trying to make a dump in which caused the goal. Idk though I would like to see what Alfie would do with Franzen and Legwand, and maybe move Nyquist back with Andersson.

I know they have great chemistry, but they are lacking in their own zone. Not just last night but going back it seems like while they might always score the big goals, they give up their fair share of them, too. Regardless what we're doing now isn't working. At least not good enough to pull out a W.

I know they have great chemistry, but they are lacking in their own zone. Not just last night but going back it seems like while they might always score the big goals, they give up their fair share of them, too. Regardless what we're doing now isn't working. At least not good enough to pull out a W.

Maybe make the Abby/Jurco switch at the beginning of the third if we have a lead...?

IF we make the playoffs and IF we became 100% healthy for Game 1, what would the lineup look like?

I would go with this:

Tatar - Legwand - Jurco

Sheahan - Helm - Abdelkader

What do you guys think?

and, if i recall correctly, shaehan had his back turned to the shooter on the GWG.. they are still rooks but their chemesty is worth the occational mistakes that come with growing pains. IMO you can't split them up.. especially now.

IF we make the playoffs and IF we became 100% healthy for Game 1, what would the lineup look like?

I would go with this:

Tatar - Legwand - Jurco

Sheahan - Helm - Abdelkader

What do you guys think?

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Franzen

Tatar - Datsyuk - Alfredsson

Helm - Weiss - Sheahan

Miller - Legwand - Abdelkader

Currently I would prefer these lines:

Franzen - Legwand - Alfie

Nyquist - Anderson - Abby

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco

Miller - Glendening - Bert

I think that first line would mesh pretty well and on the 2nd line Nyquist could a) bring the creatitvity that Andersson and Abby lack and b) profit from playing weaker opposition than he does on the first line. I wouldn't break up the kid line because right now, even taking into account their mistakes, they are the bright spot and an overall plus.

Edited by The Datsyukian Deke

Bump

I think the biggest questions are where do Weiss, Alfredsson, and Abdelkader slot in.

If Weiss holds up...

Nyquist - Weiss - Alfredsson ---------------------- Play as 2nd or 3rd line

Sheahan - Helm - Tatar --------------------------- Play as 2nd or 3rd line. Sheahan & Tatar have chemistry

Miller - Glendening - Abdelkader ---------------- Great checking line

If he doesn't...

Tatar - Datsyuk - Franzen

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Alfredsson --------------- Nyquist & Zetterberg have chemistry

Sheahan - Helm - Abdelkader ------------------- Checking line that can score

Miller - Weiss - Cleary ----------------------------- IMO Cleary compliments Weiss better than Glendening

My only worry is that Alfredsson may be better suited on a third line at this point

Guest DeGraa55

Putting Sheahan at wing when he is more durable and better than helm(IMO) would be a mistake. Helm should be the fourth line center...where he belongs.

In the second scenario I understand why you have Tatar and nyquist where they're at. But that's putting a lot of faith into guys who have only done it for a part of one year at the nhl level but we don't have anyone else to play the top 6.

Also no jurco makes me wanna cry but I know these are more realistic rosters except you forgot cleary in the first and there's no way Weiss is fourth line. He is either numer 2 center or hurt IMO. He will be given every opputunity(earned or not) because that's how the wings roll. Vets given too many opportunities young guys not enough.

1. Putting Sheahan at wing when he is more durable and better than helm(IMO) would be a mistake. Helm should be the fourth line center...where he belongs.

2. In the second scenario I understand why you have Tatar and nyquist where they're at. But that's putting a lot of faith into guys who have only done it for a part of one year at the nhl level but we don't have anyone else to play the top 6.

3. Also no jurco makes me wanna cry but I know these are more realistic rosters except you forgot cleary in the first and there's no way Weiss is fourth line. He is either numer 2 center or hurt IMO. He will be given every opputunity(earned or not) because that's how the wings roll. Vets given too many opportunities young guys not enough.

1. Helm is our fastest forward and probably the best defensively outside of Datsyuk and Zberg. To not play him at Center would be wasting his talents. From what I understand Sheahan is a natural LW. Helm is also regarded as one of the better 3rd line C's in the entire league. Playing him on the 4th, is again wasting his talents. I wouldn't play Datsyuk on the 2nd just because he was injured last year.

2. I'll do anything to keep Abdelkader out of the top 6. But yes, we have no one more else suited for a top 6 role than Nyquist or Tatar.

3. Cleary would be scratched in my first. Your bit about Weiss being #2 no matter what simply isn't the case though, and is not at all how the Wings roll. Babs demoted him to 4th line C very quickly last year when he wasn't performing. The same will happen again if he doesn't show up.

Edited by number9

Guest DeGraa55

1. Helm is our fastest forward and probably the best defensively outside of Datsyuk and Zberg. To not play him at Center would be wasting his talents. From what I understand Sheahan is a natural LW. Helm is also regarded as one of the better 3rd line C's in the entire league. Playing him on the 4th, is again wasting his talents. I wouldn't play Datsyuk on the 2nd just because he was injured last year.

2. I'll do anything to keep Abdelkader out of the top 6. But yes, we have no one more else suited for a top 6 role than Nyquist or Tatar.

3. Cleary would be scratched in my first. Your bit about Weiss being #2 no matter what simply isn't the case though, and is not at all how the Wings roll. Babs demoted him to 4th line C very quickly last year when he wasn't performing. The same will happen again if he doesn't show up.

I think that had to do more with him being injured though then just being bad. I could be wrong but IF he is healthy I think he is number 2 no matter what.

I also think Abby would be fine in the top 6. He haut needs to go to homer school. Learn how to deflect and handle the luck better in front of net.

And me wanting helm on the fourth isn't so much with his ability cause I agree he is a great defensive center and has lot so speed. It's more so of him being injury prone. If he can play 8 mins a night or whatever the fourth line gets maybe he can stay healthier by playing less.

Edited by DeGraa55