• Please log in to reply
594 replies to this topic

#581 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:09 AM

This makes me excited for the prospect of Weiss and Franzen's return. Finally, we can roll three, maybe four really good NHL lines. Haven't been able to do that in years.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#582 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:32 PM

If I had a say these would be my lines for the playoffs.... (No salary cap)

Nyquist- zetterberg- franzen
Weiss- datsyuk- alfy
Tatar-sheahan-jurco
Abby-helm-glendening/eaves/miller/Anderson

#583 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:42 PM

If I had a say these would be my lines for the playoffs.... (No salary cap)

Nyquist- zetterberg- franzen
Weiss- datsyuk- alfy
Tatar-sheahan-jurco
Abby-helm-glendening/eaves/miller/Anderson

That looks good. An alternate option with Z and Dats together might look like this. It all depends on how well Weiss returns. Ideally he can anchor a 2C spot. Matchup nightmares everywhere. Too bad our D is suspect.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Franzen

Nyquist - Weiss - Alfredsson

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco

Abby - Helm - Eaves

Miller/Andersson/Glendening

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#584 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:48 PM

That looks good. An alternate option with Z and Dats together might look like this. It all depends on how well Weiss returns. Ideally he can anchor a 2C spot. Matchup nightmares everywhere. Too bad our D is suspect.

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco
Abby - Helm - Eaves
Miller/Andersson/Glendening

Ya this is a very good lineup as well. I really thing that Stephen Weiss is this teams X factor. If he plays like we thought he was going to this forward corps would be lethal

#585 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:15 PM

I like helm playing wing in the top 6. If he's not going to play center on on the third line then he is under utilized on the 4th line. That 2nd line is pretty iffy. If Weiss is still terrible after returning from injury then that whole lineup is blown. If were not going to be able to match other teams size in the top 6 then we have to blow by them with crazy speed
Nyquist-Zetterberg-Franzen
Helm-Datsyuk-Alfredsson
Jurco-Sheahan-Tatar
Abby-Glendening-Miller

#586 DannyD

DannyD

Rookie

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:25 AM

Am I the only one who thinks it might be a good idea to break up the kid line a little bit? Seems like when they are on ice late in games they always give up goals. I feel like we need someone on that line who is more defensively responsible and has more experience playing in the bigs. Maybe take Jurco off that line and throw Abby or Alfie in there. 

Nyquist-Legwand-Franzen

Tatar-Sheahan-Abby

Alfie-Andersson-Jurco

Miller-Glendening-Bert

Doesn't look too bad. 

#587 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:37 AM

Am I the only one who thinks it might be a good idea to break up the kid line a little bit? Seems like when they are on ice late in games they always give up goals. I feel like we need someone on that line who is more defensively responsible and has more experience playing in the bigs. Maybe take Jurco off that line and throw Abby or Alfie in there. 

Nyquist-Legwand-Franzen

Tatar-Sheahan-Abby

Alfie-Andersson-Jurco

Miller-Glendening-Bert

Doesn't look too bad. 

Well if you noticed it was actually Franzen who gave the puck away twice in OT. The kid line was the only line going for a while last night. Their chemistry is undeniable. I would have preferred to see them start the OT. Tartar had a ridiculous pass picked off trying to make a dump in which caused the goal. Idk though I would like to see what Alfie would do with Franzen and Legwand, and maybe move Nyquist back with Andersson.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#588 DannyD

DannyD

Rookie

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:13 AM

Nyquist-Legwand-Franzen

Tatar-Sheahan-Abby

Alfie-Andersson-Jurco

Miller-Glendening-Bert

Doesn't look too bad. 

Well if you noticed it was actually Franzen who gave the puck away twice in OT. The kid line was the only line going for a while last night. Their chemistry is undeniable. I would have preferred to see them start the OT. Tartar had a ridiculous pass picked off trying to make a dump in which caused the goal. Idk though I would like to see what Alfie would do with Franzen and Legwand, and maybe move Nyquist back with Andersson.

I know they have great chemistry, but they are lacking in their own zone. Not just last night but going back it seems like while they might always score the big goals, they give up their fair share of them, too. Regardless what we're doing now isn't working. At least not good enough to pull out a W. 

#589 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:19 AM

I know they have great chemistry, but they are lacking in their own zone. Not just last night but going back it seems like while they might always score the big goals, they give up their fair share of them, too. Regardless what we're doing now isn't working. At least not good enough to pull out a W.

Maybe make the Abby/Jurco switch at the beginning of the third if we have a lead...?

#590 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:55 AM

IF we make the playoffs and IF we became 100% healthy for Game 1, what would the lineup look like?

I would go with this:

Tatar - Legwand - Jurco

Sheahan - Helm - Abdelkader

What do you guys think?

be about it!

#591 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

and, if i recall correctly, shaehan had his back turned to the shooter on the GWG.. they are still rooks but their chemesty is worth the occational mistakes that come with growing pains. IMO you can't split them up.. especially now.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#592 krsmith17

krsmith17

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:03 PM

IF we make the playoffs and IF we became 100% healthy for Game 1, what would the lineup look like?

I would go with this:

Tatar - Legwand - Jurco

Sheahan - Helm - Abdelkader

What do you guys think?

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Franzen
Tatar - Datsyuk - Alfredsson
Helm - Weiss - Sheahan
Miller - Legwand - Abdelkader

#593 The Datsyukian Deke

The Datsyukian Deke

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:07 PM

Currently I would prefer these lines:

Franzen - Legwand - Alfie

Nyquist - Anderson - Abby

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco

Miller - Glendening - Bert

I think that first line would mesh pretty well and on the 2nd line Nyquist could a) bring the creatitvity that Andersson and Abby lack and b) profit from playing weaker opposition than he does on the first line. I wouldn't break up the kid line because right now, even taking into account their mistakes, they are the bright spot and an overall plus.

Edited by The Datsyukian Deke, 07 March 2014 - 01:08 PM.

Lidstrom: "Retiring today allows me to walk away from the game with pride, rather than have the game walk away from me."

#594 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:52 PM

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Franzen
Tatar - Datsyuk - Alfredsson
Helm - Weiss - Sheahan
Miller - Legwand - Abdelkader

I really like that as well... I would just prefer to keep Jurco in the line up.

be about it!

#595 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:00 PM

Z Dats Franzen

Goose Weiss Alfie

Tatar Shehan Jurco

Miller Legs helm

Edited by sjr2012, 07 March 2014 - 02:04 PM.

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie: