• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Lines Thread

Rate this topic

Troubling part of that update says Quincey is in but not sure whoes sitting. Really? Is Kindl going to sit? Not likely, Dekeyser? No chance, Kronwall or Ericsson? Probs not. That would leave Smith or Lashoff. Smith plays 20 a night has developed great chemistry with Dekeyser but I could see Babs sitting Smith. Would be outlandish considering the minutes he's chewing up right now, but not at all surprising to me anyways.

Troubling part of that update says Quincey is in but not sure whoes sitting. Really? Is Kindl going to sit? Not likely, Dekeyser? No chance, Kronwall or Ericsson? Probs not. That would leave Smith or Lashoff. Smith plays 20 a night has developed great chemistry with Dekeyser but I could see Babs sitting Smith. Would be outlandish considering the minutes he's chewing up right now, but not at all surprising to me anyways.

I would be shocked if Lashoff wasn't benched.

I think it's obviously Lash. He's played solid, but Quincey is better. The rest have or are establishing more value to the team.

I agree with jimmy, Jurco should not be sitting. Terrible management of this guy so far...

I said before the season started and I still think he should be spending some more time in Grand Rapids but if he isn't down there he needs to be in the lineup in Detroit, not watching the games...

Why would Smith sit?

Jurco is sitting a couple games. It's not t end of the world and he isn't the first young player to do it. I expect him to be back in the lineup soon.

For those lamenting Helm and Abdelkader on scoring lines, was Bowman an idiot for playing McCarty, Brown, and Lapointe on scoring lines?

Edited by DickieDunn

Why would Smith sit? Jurco is sitting a couple games. It's not t end of the world and he isn't the first young player to do it. I expect him to be back in the lineup soon. For those lamenting Helm and Abdelkader on scoring lines, was Bowman an idiot for playing McCarty, Brown, and Lapointe on scoring lines?

No doubt. I mean, it worked once before with a different coach, and different players, all of whom showed (over the course of their careers) that they were more offensively capable than the current coach and players in question. So why wouldn't it work this time?

I can't imagine it's necessary to explain why just because something worked in the past under different circumstances doesn't mean it will necessarily work again. I don't think anybody would complain too much if your lines where

Shanahan-Yzerman-Abby

Federov-Helm-Hull/Robitaille/Kozlov

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot these forward lines would be supported by four Hall of Fame defensemen, and one (soon to be two) Hall of Fame goaltenders.

I mean, those are totally comparable situations right?

Edited by kipwinger

No doubt. I mean, it worked once before with a different coach, and different players, all of whom showed (over the course of their careers) that they were more offensively capable than the current coach and players in question. So why wouldn't it work this time?

I can't imagine it's necessary to explain why just because something worked in the past under different circumstances doesn't mean it will necessarily work again. I don't think anybody would complain too much if your lines where

Shanahan-Yzerman-Abby

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot these forward lines would be supported by four Hall of Fame defensemen, and one (soon to be two) Hall of Fame goaltenders.

If you're going to use that much sarcasm to ridicule the point someone was making, you should at least spell Fedorov correctly. ;)

Lines I'd like when Datsyuk returns

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Franzen (leave this line alone Babs)

Abby-Datsyuk-Tatar

Jurco-Sheahan-Nestrasil

Cleary-Glendening-Miller

maybe call up Pulkkinen in for Jurco

What I was thinking, minus nest maybe

Lines I'd like when Datsyuk returns

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Franzen (leave this line alone Babs)

Abby-Datsyuk-Tatar

Jurco-Sheahan-Nestrasil

Cleary-Glendening-Miller

maybe call up Pulkkinen in for Jurco

Helm? He definitely gets a spot over nestrasil

Also, Weiss says he's ready so he's an option

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Why would Smith sit? Jurco is sitting a couple games. It's not t end of the world and he isn't the first young player to do it. I expect him to be back in the lineup soon. For those lamenting Helm and Abdelkader on scoring lines, was Bowman an idiot for playing McCarty, Brown, and Lapointe on scoring lines?

Shanahan-Yzerman-Abby

The makeup is the same and no team has that amount of talent top to bottom any more. Even with that talent though. Bowman had a grinder on each scoring line.

The makeup is the same and no team has that amount of talent top to bottom any more. Even with that talent though. Bowman had a grinder on each scoring line.

He had a couple of hall of famers on each scoring line too. You didn't need offense out of the grinder. We need the offense now. You could afford to use a spot on a grinder when your other top sixers where going to grab 30-50 goals a piece. We haven't had a thirty goal scorer in years. I'm not sure why you think it will work now, just because it worked then?

Edited by kipwinger

I see you got the flux capacitor working again. It works just fine, but Holland is too cheap to buy the plutonium.
He's not cheap, he just doesn't trust the Iranians.
The makeup is the same and no team has that amount of talent top to bottom any more. Even with that talent though. Bowman had a grinder on each scoring line. He had a couple of hall of famers on each scoring line too. You didn't need offense out of the grinder. We need the offense now. You could afford to use a spot on a grinder when your other top sixers where going to grab 30-50 goals a piece. We haven't had a thirty goal scorer in years. I'm not sure why you think it will work now, just because it worked then?
And no team has that many 30 goal players anymore. Stop acting like this is the same league. 2 scorers and a grinder works, and it allows a team with 6 scorers to roll 3 good lines instead of 2.

Guest DeGraa55

And no team has that many 30 goal players anymore. Stop acting like this is the same league. 2 scorers and a grinder works, and it allows a team with 6 scorers to roll 3 good lines instead of 2.

That's great and all. But last year did we have a single 30 goal scorer?

We have lots of 20-25 goal scorers. But we don't have any ELITE goal scorers.

Maybe we do in nyquist but that's still unproven as if right now.

Edited by DeGraa55

That's great and all. But last year did we have a single 30 goal scorer?

We have lots of 20-25 goal scorers. But we don't have any ELITE goal scorers.

Maybe we do in nyquist but that's still unproven as if right now.

There's that word again. Guess it can apply to more than just goaltenders?

Lol. I'm acting like its the same league huh? Aren't you the one justifying something Babs is doing by saying "Bowman did it" too? Lets find out.

You originally said, "For those lamenting Helm and Abdelkader on scoring lines, was Bowman an idiot for playing McCarty, Brown, and Lapointe on scoring lines?", And now you're saying it's a different league. I agree. Which is why having offensively talentless grinders on your scoring lines is a bad idea. The very point I was making originally. Bowman could do it because he didn't just have scorers, he had hall of fame scorers. Babs can't do it, because his best scorer is Franzen (or Nyquist). It's not the same league, so justifying Babs' lines because "Bowman did it", is a worthless, intellectually flimsy argument. As you yourself seem to agree with when you say things like "stop acting like this is the same league".