Ben Bishop

940x.jpg

Record:

27-8-4, 1.97 GAA, .933 SV%, 4 SO

riples187i.png
RED WINGS
Franzen (concussion) out, Kindl (lower body) out, Weiss (lower body) out

LIGHTNING
Filppula (ankle) out, Lindback (lower body) out, Stamkos (lower body) out, Ohlund (knee) out

On Deck

2/26, Red Wings vs Montreal ; 7:30 EST

I call this game "the Quincey factor". If we win, I'm hoping this means Quincey's days on this team are numbered and we pull out a miracle for a top tier defensemen. If we lose (most likely due to Quincey) Holland puts down the phone and we get the "we like our team" mantra and we make no trades. Either way, one thing is clear. Quincey is horrible.

I call this game "the Quincey factor". If we win, I'm hoping this means Quincey's days on this team are numbered and we pull out a miracle for a top tier defensemen. If we lose (most likely due to Quincey) Holland puts down the phone and we get the "we like our team" mantra and we make no trades. Either way, one thing is clear. Quincey is horrible.

Lol Quincey has been our third best defensemen for a while now. The blind hate is ridiculous. There's a reason he's the only dman on this team that other GMs are interested in.

Lol Quincey has been our third best defensemen for a while now. The blind hate is ridiculous. There's a reason he's the only dman on this team that other GMs are interested in.

1. Is there another Quincey on our team that I don't know about?

2. "Third best for a while". Not sure i even need to reply to this one. Last two games maybe...

3. Blind hate? For a guy that consistently fails to clear the puck, looses his man, and leads the team in penalties. (Also, 2nd worst plus/minus of our defensemen) Eyes pretty much wide open

Step away from the bong, dude.

An unbiased observer watching these last 20 games would say the same thing

It's the same thing that happened with Ericsson. He was dreadful and the forum hated him. Than he improved a lot but people still cursed his name over things that weren't his fault. It took almost a year of good play for LGW to acknowledge his improvement

Is there any evidence to that claim at all? Kronner, E and DeKeyser aren't available because they are infinitely more valuable than Quincey, so that's part of the reasoning. Quincey is an overpaid disaster that might catch some GM's attention only because he is a rental and the asking price wouldn't be relatively high.

Quincey was a nightmare against Washington and that was three games ago. It's like he has become so terrible that just being rather unnoticeable is acceptable now. That's OK if you are Brian Lashoff, but not when you make nearly four million dollars and play the minutes Quincey does.

Edited by GoWings1905

Is there any evidence to that claim at all? Kronner, E and DeKeyser aren't available because they are infinitely more valuable than Quincey, so that's part of the reasoning. Quincey is an overpaid disaster that might catch some GM's attention only because he is a rental and the asking price wouldn't be relatively high.

Quincey was a nightmare against Washington and that was three games ago. It's like he has become so terrible that just being rather unnoticeable is acceptable now. That's OK if you are Brian Lashoff, but not when you make nearly four million dollars and play the minutes Quincey does.

The game where we gave up 3 PP goals and 6 total. I'd say that was a terrible defensive performance from everyone

I do the eye test I don't even look at stats most of the time. I don't know what Ericsson's numbers were against the Panthers but he was absolutely the worst defensemen that game

An unbiased observer watching these last 20 games would say the same thing

It's the same thing that happened with Ericsson. He was dreadful and the forum hated him. Than he improved a lot but people still cursed his name over things that weren't his fault. It took almost a year of good play for LGW to acknowledge his improvement

I'm with you. Quincey is not so bad. For every mistake he makes he usually makes a really good defensive play too. He does take a lot of penalties and his offense has been a disappointment though.

I'm with you. Quincey is not so bad. For every mistake he makes he usually makes a really good defensive play too. He does take a lot of penalties and his offense has been a disappointment though.

for every bad play he makes he makes a good defensive play? ya, and for every good defensive play he makes, he also makes 2 mistakes, so that is a 3-1 ratio