• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/8 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Lightning 4

Rate this topic

Is there any evidence to that claim at all? Kronner, E and DeKeyser aren't available because they are infinitely more valuable than Quincey, so that's part of the reasoning. Quincey is an overpaid disaster that might catch some GM's attention only because he is a rental and the asking price wouldn't be relatively high.

Quincey was a nightmare against Washington and that was three games ago. It's like he has become so terrible that just being rather unnoticeable is acceptable now. That's OK if you are Brian Lashoff, but not when you make nearly four million dollars and play the minutes Quincey does.

^^^^THIS^^^^

....the hate on Quincey is well justified even if we hadn't traded a #1 pick and paid him MORE than any defenseman other than Kronner. He played well in the playoffs last year and so I defended him at the start of the season. Not now...

I'd rather judge someone's performance on how they play without including what they cost us. They have no control over what we traded to get them and what their salary was at that time, nor can we blame them (and their agents) for getting the most money possible.

That said, Q has made a lot of great saves defensively. He's turned over the puck and blown coverage, but I have seen a lot of good things in him too.

I'd call him 4th after Kronner, DD, and E, but YYMV. Smith may pass him with more experience, but that is in the future (hopefully the near future).

Plus he has great eyebrows.

As far as tonight's game... I feel really bad for Flip and Stamkos for having to miss the Olympics, but I'm kind of relieved that they won't play tonight against us.

Let's get a Big W as an Olympic sendoff! Go Wings!

I'd rather judge someone's performance on how they play without including what they cost us. They have no control over what we traded to get them and what their salary was at that time, nor can we blame them (and their agents) for getting the most money possible.

That said, Q has made a lot of great saves defensively. He's turned over the puck and blown coverage, but I have seen a lot of good things in him too.

I'd call him 4th after Kronner, DD, and E, but YYMV. Smith may pass him with more experience, but that is in the future (hopefully the near future).

Plus he has great eyebrows.

As far as tonight's game... I feel really bad for Flip and Stamkos for having to miss the Olympics, but I'm kind of relieved that they won't play tonight against us.

Let's get a Big W as an Olympic sendoff! Go Wings!

Blaming Q for making money is different that using his salary as an indicator for what WE could have for a 3.7 million cap hit.

Blaming Q for making money is different that using his salary as an indicator for what WE could have for a 3.7 million cap hit.

Fair point. I understand that perspective.

If that's where people are coming from, I can see that.

I'm reading it as though he should be playing differently if he gets more money, but I could be reading it wrong.