• Please log in to reply
404 replies to this topic

#201 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,169 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

Not so sure about that. Not knocking Kron at all, but he benefited greatly by playing with #5. Honestly, he's looking solid, but a 2 or 3 best. Not overly impressive at all.  If there is one coming, it may be Danny D!

Name 29 D men better than Kronwall. He's a number one. He may not be Lidstrom, but anyone who thinks he's not a "#1" gets an eyeroll from me.

AN EYEROLL TO YOU! GOOD DAY SIR!

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#202 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:41 PM

When do we get our injured defensemen back agai.......................................oh that's right this is the best we've got.

Thanks Kenny.   :sleepy:

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#203 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

We need some real defenders.  Too many mindless plugs back there.  

We're much better back there when Ericsson isn't on the bottle.  He's been a lug nut as of late.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#204 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,238 posts

which means theyll lose

I think were better off when it's a battle all game but we have outplayed them. When we have a lead for the whole game we seem to sleep walk in the third

#205 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:42 PM

Jimmy needed to have that save. Wings have dominated the game

I hope Jimmy doesn't see one minute of icetime in the Olympics.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#206 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,765 posts

Kronwall 8th in the league in points for Dmen.  Only 2 have a better +/- and that's Keith and Pietrangelo.  If anyone thinks Kronwall isn't a #1 Dman, especially playing with a lower quality blue line than we're used to, is crazy.  And as far as points go, he's only 3 behind Subban for 5th overall.

I couldn't agree more than Kronner is a #1, and those are some great points to back it up. Those who think he's not are just used to seeing Lids ridiculously good D back there and anything less isn't seen by them as a #1 on this team.

#207 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Not sure why we are complaining about our defenders after a complete fluke goal. 

#208 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:43 PM

Ya Kronwall is a real #1 he has periods where he's pretty bad though. He absolutely has no support. The real issue is that Ericsson is not a true #2

#209 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Not to mention, he is on a great contract for us.

Yup.  How many above him on that list make less than 5 mil per?  Dude's a massive bargain.  4.75 mil til 2018-19.  He's such a great guy, his salary allows us to pursue a 1B Dman.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#210 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Not so sure about that. Not knocking Kron at all, but he benefited greatly by playing with #5. Honestly, he's looking solid, but a 2 or 3 best. Not overly impressive at all.  If there is one coming, it may be Danny D!

Question is what do you expect from a No. 1 D-Man that Kronwall hasn't ? 

Edited by derblaueClaus, 08 February 2014 - 08:45 PM.

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#211 TimeBinder

TimeBinder

The continuum must be bound

• PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Jimmy's clutch is broke - keeps revving in neutral - f's sake

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

#212 Y19

Y19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 339 posts

Name 29 D men better than Kronwall. He's a number one. He may not be Lidstrom, but anyone who thinks he's not a "#1" gets an eyeroll from me.

AN EYEROLL TO YOU! GOOD DAY SIR!

I'm with Corngoalio.  Turn in your everlasting gobstopper!  :P

#213 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:45 PM

Anybody else wonder when we realize that the young guns are doing better than the current group. Maybe we should bring up some young defenseman to take over?

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg

#214 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,238 posts

I hope Jimmy doesn't see one minute of icetime in the Olympics.  

He's been solid lately. It wouldn't be Jimmy if he didn't give up an untimely goal though. Frustrating but he made some nice saves tonight. That second goal was a dud though

#215 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

There are generational players like Lidstrom, Orr, Shore, and Harvey.

Then there are elite guys like Pronger, Chara, Konstantinov, and Suter.  

Then there are #1 guys.  They're not elite/top 5 or 6 in the league guys, but they're better than 90% of the other defensemen in the league.  Kronwall falls into this group.

Name 25 defensemen who are better than Kronwall.  Not about the same, or "maybe you can make an argument about it," clearly better.  If you can do it I will change my sig to whatever you want for a month.

Edited by DickieDunn, 08 February 2014 - 08:47 PM.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#216 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:46 PM

I couldn't agree more than Kronner is a #1, and those are some great points to back it up. Those who think he's not are just used to seeing Lids ridiculously good D back there and anything less isn't seen by them as a #1 on this team.

The bar was raised so high that only Bobby Orr could reach it.  And out of the guys that are above Kronwall on that list, the only guys I'd take above him as our #1 guy are Pietrangelo or maybe Keith.  And to add to that, Byfuglien is now a forward, so his stats could be elsewhere making Kronner #7 in points at D.

#217 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:46 PM

Those saying Kronwall isn't a number one dman aren't comparing him to other dmen, they are condemning him for not being Nick Lidstrom. Nobody, with the possible exception of Bobby Orr, can stand up to that standard.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#218 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:48 PM

Not sure why we are complaining about our defenders after a complete fluke goal. 

Fluke or not our defense allows opponents to crash our net with the puck WAY too easily.

#219 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:48 PM

Jimmy's clutch is broke - keeps revving in neutral - f's sake

As it's always been.

#220 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:49 PM

We all love Danny D, but he's been a bit off since his injury as well.  Kronwall back there is one of the main reasons we're hanging on to a playoff spot along with Z's masterful leadership.  He's a big calming influence on guys like DD and Smith.  If you watch every game, it's easy too see.