• Please log in to reply
404 replies to this topic

#361 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,656 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:46 PM

I remember when everyone said that about ozzie...

Ozzie on his best day wouldn't win the Cup with this roster.

In 1998, the Wings won in spite of Osgood, when they had a tremendous and motivated roster.  In 2008 and 2009, he was great, but the team was also great, especially defensively.  This team is garbage.  I guess that actually excuses Howard somewhat, but I wouldn't use Ozzie as a comparison to him.  

The Wings just aren't the team we used to be and the Cup is not a realistic goal for this type of roster.

Its a break from whatever disfunction Babs has going. 

Except, he's going to the Olympics too.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#362 SimonSin

SimonSin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:46 PM

Dude are you kidding me? Ozzy always had GREAT players around him. Howard doesn't have that luxury. With this defense Howard has to literally stand on his head. With Stamkos and Filpulla healthy I see Tampa beating anyone in the East. Bishop is a monster and you have get a perfect shot past him.

#363 TimeBinder

TimeBinder

The continuum must be bound

• PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:47 PM

great, now 2 weeks of mindless BS so individuals can make themselves seem important - wow i'm doing this for my country but really trying to get paid in sponsorships - whatever - luge? skeleton? etc. go....w/e

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

#364 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:48 PM

He had Nick Lidstrom playing in front of him. 

#365 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:48 PM

For who?  

Half the team is going to the Olympics to play a grueling schedule.  

Everything in general, the frustration of the fans, the tone of the forums lately, and the players not involved getting a break. Howard likely won't be playing much either. As much as I love the NHL and the Wings I welcome the break to watch a different kind of hockey for a couple of weeks.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#366 TimeBinder

TimeBinder

• PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:50 PM

thought the "Olympics" were for amatuers?

#367 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts

Everything in general, the frustration of the fans, the tone of the forums lately, and the players not involved getting a break. Howard likely won't be playing much either. As much as I love the NHL and the Wings I welcome the break to watch a different kind of hockey for a couple of weeks.

If Howard is playing that means USA will have a lot of trouble, Quick and Miller are elite if both are hurt USA can kiss the gold medal goodbye their defense is not that good.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#368 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

That GWG was a prime example as to why we need another top 2 defender. E has stepped up his game this year, but he is not a top pairing guy. Unless there is a guaranteed stud in the pipeline we need to trade for a top guy.

#369 TimeBinder

TimeBinder

• PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

That GWG was a prime example as to why we need another top 2 defender. E has stepped up his game this year, but he is not a top pairing guy. Unless there is a guaranteed stud in the pipeline we need to trade for a top guy.

we don not have a top #1 dman on this tream

#370 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

trade for Miller right after the olympics.

Unless Howard goes the other way, how is that even remotely realistic?

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#371 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,656 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:52 PM

I guess.  I'd like to watch too, but the Olympic schedule isn't very friendly to viewing times on this side of the planet.  

#372 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,094 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:52 PM

Obviously my point was taken well, Howard gets all the slack around here, when in reality he is a better goalie then Ozzie was, abd Ozzie gets treated like a god. Howie could win us a cup, if our defense played even average in front of him.

#373 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,656 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:54 PM

Obviously my point was taken well, Howard gets all the slack around here, when in reality he is a better goalie then Ozzie was, abd Ozzie gets treated like a god. Howie could win us a cup, if our defense played even average in front of him.

Actually, I don't think he's better than Ozzie.  Ozzie's accomplishments are indeed inflated because of the talent around him, but every goalie who won multiple Cups had lots of talent around him.  

Howard is a step down from Ozzie.  

Edited by GMRwings1983, 08 February 2014 - 09:54 PM.

#374 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,094 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:55 PM

Actually, I don't think he's better than Ozzie.  Ozzie's accomplishments are indeed inflated because of the talent around him, but every goalie who won multiple Cups had lots of talent around him.  

Howard is a step down from Ozzie.  

See this is what i mean, Ozzie was not very good, like it or bot, Howard is Vetter then Ozzie was.

#375 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:04 PM

He's treated like a god now, time has a way of erasing the bad memories and only remembering the good ones. But  that was not the case while he was playing.

#376 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:08 PM

He's treated like a god now, time has a way of erasing the bad memories and only remembering the good ones. But  that was not the case while he was playing.

Its the opposite during modern hockey, how excellent Howard was last game is already a distant memory and it's back to bashing. The harsh life of being a goalie on fan forums.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#377 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:17 PM

Bishop best goalie in NHL.. What a pickup by Stevie just genius they would be so s*** without this guy.

#378 1980s24

1980s24

Prospect

• 36 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:18 PM

well hopefully datsyuk wakes up in the olympics because he looks invisible.  he can use those games to get back into it. unless hes still hurt

I believe that he is still injured. the last two games he was unable to exert any pressure on his right leg, and he was slow and out of position. That is not a healthy Datsyuk. He was knocked off the puck with ease, that is not a healthy Datsyuk. He is 35 years old and he is the captain of team Russia playing in Russia, so i can entirely understand why he wants to lead his country in the Olympics. I just hope that this is not the last time we see him play for the Wings this season.

#379 TimeBinder

TimeBinder

• PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:54 PM

better D = better goalie  for the ozzie lovers

#380 Delvecchio58

Delvecchio58

Draftee

• 3 posts