• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
michigan2014

Getting a captain's C stitched

Rate this topic

I recently bought a Zetterberg jersey on Amazon. I have been happy with the product, but it did not come with the captain's "C" stitched on it. I was wondering what would be the best place to do so. I have heard that at the Joe that you can purchase a "C" and stitch it on yourself, but seeing that I have no such skills, I am looking for a place that can provide and stitch the C on for me. Anyone have any pointers?

I'm sure this has been brought up before, and I apologize for that.

Thanks!

Wear the A as a badge of honour. It says, "I've supported this dude for a long time." The longer he plays, the more time-honoured it is.

You should see the 70's mesh jersey my dad gave me about a decade ago. It's hilarious. I should get it personalized with Ted Lindsay. Seems fitting.

It depends if you mean the jersey came with no A or C at all, or if it currently has the "A" and you want to switch it with the "C".

Usually the lettering is heat pressed on and then sewn, leaving glue marks or an outline if its removed. The parts that the "C" wont cover will likely be visible even if its removed professionally.

If it has the "A", I would just keep it like that, but if it doesn't, or if you still want the "C" on it, then there should be a closer spot that can do that for you. Most sports shops that sell legit jerseys can do it, I know SportsK does mail ins, but that would cost way too much just for the C patch.

Fanatic U is a good spot with a few local stores, including one in Novi. I know they customize Wings jerseys, so they should be able to do just the C for a decent price and you wont have to mail it anywhere.

http://fanaticu.com/

You're from Fargo - it's time honored. :lol::w00t:

Fargo via Saskatchewan.

(Actually Fargo via a whole lot of places, but that's beside the point.)

I've only lived in Fargo for 19 years and in the US for 43 years.

To the OP: If you have the jersey and you're buying the C, maybe you could just find a seamstress (or whatever they call them nowadays) that could sew it on for you. Maybe check your local yellow pages for dressmakers or tailors. If they do alterations, adding a C should be a breeze for them.

Ok, you're allowed to use the unnecessary "u" then. :);)

Fargo via Saskatchewan.(Actually Fargo via a whole lot of places, but that's beside the point.)I've only lived in Fargo for 19 years and in the US for 43 years.
Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk Edited by FireCaptain