• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

Official 2014 Olympic Hockey Thread (Admin warning #316)

Rate this topic

7-1 Dustin Brown scores

Like they just pointed out, goals scored is a tie breaker in this tournament....so Team USA is banking a load of them.

Yet the Slovaks nearly ousted Canada and other medal favourites last Olympics. I think the Americans have a better team than they did in Vancouver, but I didn't think it was THAT much better.

Hey Guys,

I'm following forum for some time as I'm rooting for Tatar and Jurco - and Detroit of course :)

I'm from Slovakia and thought I'd give my 5 cents about the game,

I think the first period we were a decent side to USA, and it all looked so good when Tatar scored early in second,

but then mayham begun, too early it was 3:1, and our guys completely lost concentration, unfortunately, we are a small country

with much smaller number of players, and because of injuries (VIsnovsky, Granak mainly) we nominated defenders that normally

we would never consider for this kind of tournament. Jurcina and co. were -4 (Chara can't play all the time)

and he was there everytime you guys scored. Also you've got such a big momentum that almost every shot was a goal.. Before Budaj

could make a save, he already allowed two goals to go in.. anyway! It's good to get this kind of shower early , and recover for the rest of the tournament, hopefully it will be a lesson for the whole team and we'll show you that indeed there's more potential to our players than this

Looks like Tatar is the only Slovak player that can keep his head high after that. +1 and scored their only goal.

Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno

Sweden will make an announcement regarding Henrik Zetterberg at 7 p.m. Injured captain missed practice today.

Ugh.. if he's gone, that's pretty much it for Sweden.

Hey Guys,

I'm following forum for some time as I'm rooting for Tatar and Jurco - and Detroit of course :)

I'm from Slovakia and thought I'd give my 5 cents about the game,

I think the first period we were a decent side to USA, and it all looked so good when Tatar scored early in second,

but then mayham begun, too early it was 3:1, and our guys completely lost concentration, unfortunately, we are a small country

with much smaller number of players, and because of injuries (VIsnovsky, Granak mainly) we nominated defenders that normally

we would never consider for this kind of tournament. Jurcina and co. were -4 (Chara can't play all the time)

and he was there everytime you guys scored. Also you've got such a big momentum that almost every shot was a goal.. Before Budaj

could make a save, he already allowed two goals to go in.. anyway! It's good to get this kind of shower early , and recover for the rest of the tournament, hopefully it will be a lesson for the whole team and we'll show you that indeed there's more potential to our players than this

Welcome newbie!

Sorry that Slovakia didn't bring their A-game, but I'm sure they will be much better next time.

Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno

Sweden will make an announcement regarding Henrik Zetterberg at 7 p.m. Injured captain missed practice today.

Wow. This is not good news.

Okay, it's 7 PM and Tomas Ros (@Rosenrasande) reports that it's the same old same old--Zetterberg's back needed treatment.

Sweden doctor said Henrik Zetterberg injury is herniated disk (same as with #RedWings), is day-to-day, may play Friday v Swiss. #Sochi2014

If Z is injured I think my tv might have to take an unexpected flight through my living room window...

Both as a wings fan and a Swede that is probably the absolute worst thing that could happen.

Sounds like it's the same thing he's been going through for the past couple of weeks. Skipping practices, getting treatments, hoping to be able to play the game. Good thing is he could easily sit out against Switzerland and/or Latvia without hurting the team too much. But if he can't play in the elimination round our chances at a medal are reduced by like 90%.

this doesn't sound good for Z. Back problems are bad enough, but when your job involves the amount of twisting and bending that a hockey players

does it is just enhancing the problem. The suggestion of complete rest for 6-8 weeks will send shock waves thru Sweden and Wings nation, but that is what he may need to prevent the problem flaring up again. With Pav looking less than 80% out there today for Russia it isnt looking good. There is a very strong scenario that the Redwings could be without their top 2 players after the Olympics for some time. Not something we want to see I'm sure as we try and get one of those 2 wild card spots. I hope they both recover and im sure Sweden could rest Z for the next game anyway.

Well the injuries surely shake things up for Sweden n Russia. At this point i believe the medals will be:

G: USA

S: Sweden

B: Canada

4th: Russia

5th: Finland

GO TEAM USA!

HAHAHA Bronze for Canada with no reasoning behind that? HAHAHA

I'm not rooting for Canada, but you can't dismiss them like that.

BTW gametime in 10 minutes.

HAHAHA Bronze for Canada with no reasoning behind that? HAHAHA

I'm not rooting for Canada, but you can't dismiss them like that.

BTW gametime in 10 minutes.

I feel their goaltending will let them down. Especially in a tournament this short. Im not dismissing them though. How is medaling dismissing them? If sweden loses Z then id say Canada for Silver, but i believe this is USA's year for gold. A nearly perfect team. Edited by RedWang

Just saw the last few minutes. Did Canada play that bad ?

Edit :Apparently they did. :P

Down Goes Brown@DownGoesBrown

Canada's looked OK so far but if I'm Mike Babcock, for the second period I'd probably have the players take their skate guards off.

Edited by derblaueClaus