• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

Official 2014 Olympic Hockey Thread (Admin warning #316)

Rate this topic

You too? Haha... I did work that didn't require me to use my computer and watched the game on a cbc stream

I normally get a crowd going in my office, game was too early today though. Had a few people step in during the Canada/Norway game. I set it up on a separate monitor on my side desk. Our content filtering blocked the NBC stream due to video sharing...but I am the sysadmin so the power to get around it lies in my hands. Heh.

I normally get a crowd going in my office, game was too early today though. Had a few people step in during the Canada/Norway game. I set it up on a separate monitor on my side desk. Our content filtering blocked the NBC stream due to video sharing...but I am the sysadmin so the power to get around it lies in my hands. Heh.

Haha, same here. I had a bunch of people asking me to add them to the exclusion list so it didn't get blocked.

Great result for Team USA today. I was expecting a tight win for the Americans and did not expect a 7-1 sHALAKing! (hah!)

I can't wait for the USA Russia game Saturday morning the atmosphere will be electric.

I was disappointed with Team Canada. Even though they controlled the game (as they should against Norway) they couldn't finish. Thankfully I'm accustomed to being disappointed by team Canada in the Round-Robin stage of the Olympics as they often take a few games to start clicking.

L 5-3 USA

W 3-2 OT Switzerland

W 8-0 Norway

L 5-2 Sweden

W 3-2 Germany

T 3-3 Czech Republic

- Hopefully Russia and Sweden go home early so Datsyuk and Zetterberg can rest up and get healthy for the Wings playoff push.

I was not impressed by Canada at all today to be honest. They got pushed around by Norway and didn't have any pushback physically to assert dominance over a team that they should have beaten by much more. That's Babcock coaching though. They basically looked like the last few years of Wings teams that have quality parts, but can't seem to dominate games that they should, especially on the score sheet. And Kunitz's penalty on the PP was Cleary-esque. Get rid of that clown and his terrible discipline and get Duchene on the top line where he belongs instead of the press box. That's the equivalent of having Cleary in the top 6 and Nyquist in GR. I also wish that Nash was the 13th forward and that Seabrook was there in place of Hamhuis, but oh well, at least they grinded out a W.

USA on the other hand....6 goals in the 2nd! That's retarded. Kessel has been on a 6 week hot streak and he clearly isn't done. Aside from Orpik and Martin being there over more deserving/better players, I'd have to agree that the US squad is looking pretty damn good, and Quick is an amazing goalie. Price was solid today, but he's no Quick. Gonna be a good game should Canada play USA....not sure if they play in the round robin...?

I thought hamhuis was good. The Defense as a whole was good. It's hard to get a lot of scoring chances against a team that wasn't trying to win. They just were playing to keep the goals down.

I think Canada was just trying to do all the right things and the score didn't matter to them. They could have been sailing the puck in as soon as they entered the blue line on a bad goalie and probably netted some more. They played a good structured game after the first period. Norway's second goal was pretty flukey on a bad play behind the net by Price

And do you actually ever have a nice thing to say about Canada, or do you just hate all Canadians? And I'm not trolling you, that's a serious question. You haven't come across as a very likeable person of late.

Valid question that is better asked in a personal message. :brow:

I'm not looking forward to waking up at balls o'clock in the morning for the SWE/SUI game ugh.

Canada didn't have to do more so why waste energy? Also Norways ticket tto the Olympics was.their structured system,.they've played to keep the score down, which is smart. I thought Haugen played lights out and was better than Price.

Norway and Austria are the underdogs in this group and if they try to play with either Finland or Canada the scores would be ugly. Look at Austria lost 4:8 against the fins, because like Slovakia they didn't play it smart.

It's just day one but obviously I'm impressed by Norway and America

I just realized I'm gonna miss at least the first period of the US-Russia game on Saturday. Start time for the game is, I believe, 7:30 AM ET, and I have something scheduled at, yes, 7:30 AM ET. Boooooo.

How about those Finns. I know Austria is Austria, but still.

I'm not sure if you're able to watch it streaming or how NBC does their streaming service but on CBC's site you can load the stream and restart it at the beginning so you'll still see the whole game you'll just be a period behind.

If you're not in Canada the instructions for connecting to CBC from another country are posted in the schedule thread

Sofar...

The good:

Norway and slovenia looked way better then expected.

(granted the slovs jerseys are terrible and making out the numbers are impossible.)

The bad:

Zetterberg and dats are badly dented.

The russian own zone coverage and defense, looks as organized and solid as a bunch of lemmings in a burning building.

D.sedin looks as lost as hes done over the last two months with the nucks.

The ugly:

Getzlaf continues his international career of kneeing.

Nichuskin continues to run into goalies.

Edited by peabrain