• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

Official 2014 Olympic Hockey Thread (Admin warning #316)

Rate this topic

Momentum shift.

Canada's dictated the play and can't bury nuttin'. Good on the Finns for hanging in with their depleted roster. Nothing like having no pressure. This is kinda how I expected the Finns to play, defensively stingy. I still expected Canada to win 3 or 4-1 though.

Carolina?

Right you are. 16 points in 52 games this year with a -15. Ouch, he's better than that.

Put Tavares on a line with Crosby, that will provide offence and get Cindy going.

This is the 3rd game I've watched with Canada. They are not nearly as good as the US and Russia. I would be shocked if Canada got the gold or silver. Crosby, being the best player in the world, is supposed to make those he plays with, better. That's not happening.

Right you are. 16 points in 52 games this year with a -15. Ouch, he's better than that.

Actually, in all honesty, he kinda sucks now. But I like that he plays with an edge, sticks his nose in the dirty areas, can be a good net-front guy (see: his goal just now). I think he could sort of be what we wanted Cleary/Samuelsson/Bertuzzi/Tootoo to be: a gritty bottom-sixer with some scoring upside. And he's rumored to be on the trade block. Only issue: cap hit. (Something like 4.5.) Hurricanes would have to eat some salary, maybe take on Quincey.

Failing that, we could trade for Crosby. He's also pretty good.

This is the 3rd game I've watched with Canada. They are not nearly as good as the US and Russia. I would be shocked if Canada got the gold or silver. Crosby, being the best player in the world, is supposed to make those he plays with, better. That's not happening.

They played good last game, but I'd have to agree with your assessment. Especially against a depleted Finland team. Quit messing with the lines so much and get it together. No way should Finland be in a game as injured as they are against a totally healthy team Canada.

Phil "the face of America" Kessel is gonna bring home Gold draped around his pudgy little neck. Bank on it.

If by gold you mean silver, then you're absolutely right. He can look at Kronner's gold though. No touching. Too bad Pav is only gonna get bronze. Tough luck Canada! :lol:

If by gold you mean silver, then you're absolutely right. He can look at Kronner's gold though. No touching. Too bad Pav is only gonna get bronze. Tough luck Canada! :lol:

I would blame Babcock with his ridiculous line shuffling. No chemistry at all. And Kunitz is lame, there goes Crosby's tag-along. Perry has been subpar, dragging Getzlaf down. I'd love to see Crosby centre Tavares and Duchene. Canada needs a go to line cause right now, we're watching grass and it's not even growing.

Finland creates a lot of chances with their speed that they don't have skill enough to finish. If there were a team in this tourney that was faster, and had better goal scorers, it would eat Canada up...oh wait...sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.