• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

Official 2014 Olympic Hockey Thread (Admin warning #316)

Rate this topic

Canada actually looks like they could benefit from Jumbo Joe. Why wasn't he picked?

Last thing they need is another big guy that can't skate. Add Phil Kessel or Patrick Kane to Finland's team and that game isn't even close. Finland just doesn't have any scorers, otherwise, I thought they outplayed Canada. Thornton's a great passer, and he's awesome on the NHL ice, but in big ice I think he struggles just as much as the rest of them.

Some of you guys crack me up..it's the preliminary rd...The intensity will go up in the quarter finals, Canada will win Gold again.

Well I hope for your sake you're right. Because of that s***ty, half assed performance, they now have to go through Russia to get to the Gold Medal game and I can promise you those guys can skate just as well as Finland AND score on their chances. Good luck with that.

Last thing they need is another big guy that can't skate. Add Phil Kessel or Patrick Kane to Finland's team and that game isn't even close. Finland just doesn't have any scorers, otherwise, I thought they outplayed Canada. Thornton's a great passer, and he's awesome on the NHL ice, but in big ice I think he struggles just as much as the rest of them.

Kessel and Kane would be cherry picking so Canada wouldn't have to skate through 5 guys at the blue line

USA had a more interesting game because they're better I guess? Had nothing to do with the 11 penalties called between too bad defensive teams

I didn't realize that Norway, Austria, and Finland were such defensive stalwarts. Smells like sour grapes to me.

Kessel and Kane would be cherry picking so Canada wouldn't have to skate through 5 guys at the blue line

You mean like that time against Russia when Phil Kessel lifted Kovalchuk's stick and saved a goal. Yeah, that guy never plays defense. What other lame ass cliches do you want to repeat?

I didn't realize that Norway, Austria, and Finland were such defensive stalwarts. Smells like sour grapes to me.

You mean like that time against Russia when Phil Kessel lifted Kovalchuk's stick and saved a goal. Yeah, that guy never plays defense. What other lame ass cliches do you want to repeat?

Finland yes, the other 2 no.

Rooster limit.

Rooster limit? Joe Thornton talked about ***** so much in that interview this year that he was left off the team cause of the rooster limit? :lol:

No they're just bad at Defense I think they're both capable. I wouldn't count on getting 6 power plays in the medal rounds. Half our forwards could still finish the tournament without really getting it going and we'd still win gold just like last time

Russians don't play Defense and the US still needed like 6 power plays to get two goals in a game that they should have lost.

Canada has not impressed. That's a fact. And with the roster they have, and the expectations/pressure on them, it's a decidedly less-than-comforting fact (from a Canadian perspective, I assume). So there's definitely room for talking a wee bit of trash on them.

I fully expect them to find another gear, though. The threat of elimination brings out the best in the best.

Doughty is some kinda player. Other then that boring game, I hate the big ice. Only game I've really enjoyed watching so far was the US/RUS game. Hope Canada wins gold, but if not, lets just get the NHL going again.

He definitely is, though I wish he'd score like this for the Kings.

It may be an unpopular opinion here but I'd take Doughty over anyone on the Wings blueline.

On a side note, what's the best place for finding Olympic hockey stats? Anything I've found is usually at least a day behind and kind of piecemeal.

Canada has not impressed. That's a fact. And with the roster they have, and the expectations/pressure on them, it's a decidedly less-than-comforting fact (from a Canadian perspective, I assume). So there's definitely room for talking a wee bit of trash on them.

I fully expect them to find another gear, though. The threat of elimination brings out the best in the best.

Same was said last year. Canada didn't find there full gear last time except when they played Russia and they still won the tournament. They can play bad and still win this thing

He definitely is, though I wish he'd score like this for the Kings.

It may be an unpopular opinion here but I'd take Doughty over anyone on the Wings blueline.

On a side note, what's the best place for finding Olympic hockey stats? Anything I've found is usually at least a day behind and kind of piecemeal.

IIHF.com

agree on Doughty as well :)

No they're just bad at Defense I think they're both capable. I wouldn't count on getting 6 power plays in the medal rounds. Half our forwards could still finish the tournament without really getting it going and we'd still win gold just like last time

I wouldn't count on playing teams who's best defenseman is Sami Salo in the Medal rounds either, so maybe you should worry about your own team. They can't seem to skate, score, or play up to their potential and you're talking smack about Team USA? Haha, good try. Also, have fun against Russia. You'll see how little they play defense in a few days. By that time most of Team Canada should juuuuuuust about be catching their breath.

It might not be today, or tomorrow, or this week, but sooner or later you're going to realize that this ain't Vancouver, and the big ice is doing your boys no favors.

Edited by kipwinger

I wouldn't count on playing teams who's best defenseman is Sami Salo in the Medal rounds either, so maybe you should worry about your own team. They can't seem to skate, score, or play up to their potential and you're talking smack about Team USA? Haha, good try. Also, have fun against Russia. You'll see how little they play defense in a few days. By that time most of Team Canada should juuuuuuust about be catching their breath.

I might not be today, or tomorrow, or this week, but sooner or later you're going to realize that this ain't Vancouver, and the big ice is doing your boys no favors.

I doubt Russia and US will be dumping it in without a forecheck and lining up at the blue line. Playing a team that tries to score goals will be a nice change for our forwards